Notices
Regional - Great Lakes: CHI Metro Chicagoland Metropolitan Area

Grossinger Toyota FTMFL!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Grossinger Toyota FTMFL!

To make a long story short, brought my supercharger in for them to look at and they said it was all ok. Went home pulled it apart and my shaft is totally ____ed. There is so much play, I will post pics soon. Took it back to them and they still think its normal and charged me $50 because they didn't find anything wrong. These people are a disgrace to human beings. And if the mechanic who looked at my car reads this, you have a big mouth, and if i see you on the street I'm going stick you just like you deserve. I don't care about them not honoring warranty, they need to own up to their mistakes and their ____ty mechanic diagnosis. Pics to come soon...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ur gonna stick him in the mouth? that sounds tribal... how about you punch him in the face?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but other than that... the right thing for them to do was to get another tech to take a look at it... it the first guy was wrong, he would never admit to it so theres no use to asking him again...
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionarra
ur gonna stick him in the mouth? that sounds tribal... how about you punch him in the face?
lol was a little angry when i wrote that, probably wouldn't stick anyone cause it wouldn't help anything. Would take a lot more than that to change them.

But yea they managed to find everything i did to my car, engine mounts, grounding kit, but the important part they missed. And even though they agreed that there is something wrong with the shaft, they keep saying well there was nothing wrong yesterday..... full of crap dealership, full of crap people. Thank god i didn't pay anywhere close to retail for my car or else i would be hella ____ed off. Its not even worth it to go in for any warranty work at all cause they always give you ____. Rather fix it myself and be satisfied it was done right. Basically unless you know how to fix your own supercharger and unless you are ready to do so don't get one from scion. I'm just one person on a long list of people who has experienced this, luckily I have the means to repair it myself, even though I shouldn't have to as its still warranted and scion's/trd's responsibility. And then of course there is scion saying call trd and trd saying they can't help me unless they get orders from scion directly. In esscense scion is the one to blame, and trd is a little lazy, but they did try to help within their bounds. In the end Kevin at Scion Corporate is a major _______ and downright disrespectful. I am writing the ceo's of the company directly about this, not the warranty situation, just the way i was treated by all of these people.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

THAT'S why I never had any dealer installed stuff on my xB. But I did have them put on the TRD suspension on my xD cuz I would never have the time for that. But yeah....some donlt even know what a SC sounds like from what I heard from someone that traded his in for an xD. they took it to auction cuz the engine made funny noises. idiots. wonder if it had a whineing sound....
Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JDMJim
THAT'S why I never had any dealer installed stuff on my xB. But I did have them put on the TRD suspension on my xD cuz I would never have the time for that. But yeah....some donlt even know what a SC sounds like from what I heard from someone that traded his in for an xD. they took it to auction cuz the engine made funny noises. idiots. wonder if it had a whineing sound....
Truth they had no idea what they were doing. Anyone with any knowlege of mechanics should know that there should be 0 play in the bearings and shaft, ever.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

they ____ed me off a little too.

when i was looking for a car..i went to grossinger and was looking for a bsp tc, but they didn't have it.

so i just went to bredeman and got it..but ever since then grossinger was calling my cell phone like every single day, and every time i told them i already bought the car from someone else. they would say oh ok and hang up. and would call the very next day saying the same thing..

soon enough they stopped though (like 3 months ago, and i got the car dec, they have been calling since forever..)

do they not understand or somtin??

they are the closest dealer to me, but they turned me off so i feel like not taking my car their for stuff.. :]
Old 11-29-2008, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JDMJim
that is correct.. when i traded my TC in, the mechanics had said that it didn't sound right, that it shouldn't be that loud.. if anyone actually knew the S/C chatter is normal, and is loud under cold starts. The only dealer i trust that took care of me with the S/C is Elgin Toyota, they installed bout 5 so they know what is going on.