Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

need a place Dallas Area to get performance work done &

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member

Default need a place Dallas Area to get performance work done &

Looking for recomendation of a god shop in dallas to get work done .. as well as a place top get dyno'd (North dallas preferred- but will drive for a highly recomended place..

thanks all .

- 2006 scion tC/trd supercharger (looking for an intercooler) ;)
Old 11-30-2005, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

if you got some $$$ head over to jotech in garland as for the dyno head over to the dyno day pooty hooked up its in the lonestar forum
Old 11-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

what all are you needing done?

if you want an intercooler, go to velocity performance in addison as they quoted highlandermac a reasonable price for an intercooler considering the supercharger on the tC isn't in the most ideal place for ic plumbing.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member

thanks... I will chcek out the two you guys mention. (I found a Velocity Performance in Carrolton - i am guessing that is the same (addison is near there isnt it ;)
Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

yeah thats it...i guess it's technically carrollton. it's right across from the addison airport.

jotech is a joke. i hope you have a lot of money.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:36 PM
5 Year Member

yeah I checked out the jotech site..
I will check out velocity at lunch today .. thanks man ..
Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

It all depends on who you know and if you are willing to bargain with them just dont go by the website or the one chance encounter with them. With persistance I got a b16 engine swap (including engine) and A/T to M/T conversion for 4K in my rex from jotech so you know the work is good and boy was she smooth (damn, theives). I will be heading there this weekend to inquire about a 1zz swap for the xB.

As to your inquiry If you want it cheap then just go to GP/Arlington there a some places along jefferson/abrams or davis/division that can do just about anything cheap. Getting motor work done to me is just like paint you want to be confident in the work. I mean if you wanted a cheap paint job just go to maaco but people here don't (sorry bout the 2 cents).
Old 12-01-2005, 01:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

so are you saying that jotech is the only capable shop in dfw to do motor work and every other shop is equal to maaco?

sounds like you have an ego that matches the guys at jotech which is just as high as their prices.

why should you have to bargain with someone to get some work done? just give people a straight up price!!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not trying to flame. It shouldn't be too much for an intercooler, I could understand with other work like the motor swap that I got done. I just moved here when I had the rex swapped so that was all I knew at the time and the honda dealer wanted 8K or more to replace the original motor so to me it was a great deal.

If there are other shops in the DFdub with a national or local reputation then go there I support them just as well as jotech. I'm not flaming the mom and pop's. I know there are a lot of cool places in the DFdub to get work done like Low Inc. and several custom shops in arlington/grand praire area but there are alot of wannabes trying to make a buck as well just like in Cali.

All I am saying is if you love you cars so much then you should consider all options (ecomonics vs. quality) thats all.

I am working on a college budget so money is tight for me even more so than others but I go through the economics vs. quality issue everyday even at pepboys or buying a cheeseburger (hmm, chili's burger vs. McD's).

and dude how can you assume that I have an ego just becasue I recommend a place that does good work.

I do agree with you that you should get straight up prices hence why I bought a scion.

I've said my peace so take it however you want. To each his own I guess.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member

hey thanks for the input both of ya ..
I have apointments with both of them, I will post the difference if you are interested... (both parts and price)

Thanks again..

-S
Old 12-01-2005, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah go ahead and post them I would appreciate it. It isn't going to prove who's right or wrong but it would be informative to the lot of us. My wife in interested in pumping up the hp's in her tC so I would be in debted to you since it would save me from having to call people up.

bout the dyno R U going to the dyno day that pooty setup. I wouldn't dyno at jotech since last time I checked (2yrs ago) pulls were like 120 for 3 pulls. Now that is pricey
Old 12-01-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

I am thinking about it.. (the dyno day) .. but I found out yesterday that I might be working that day ... and the shop is in fort worth isnt it? long way from me (if I would try to sneak away from work) ...
Old 12-01-2005, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i believe the quote from jotech for a complete turbo kit for the tC would be about 10k total.. yeaaa thats a lil overpriced
Old 12-02-2005, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well anyone heard of intercrew i go there for most engine work if i need to b done its better then jotech i can tell u that i think the website is like intercrew motorsports.com something like that
Old 12-08-2005, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member

I have gone by both jotech and velocity .. still no definite answers/prices... jotech wants me to come back in a few weeks after they do a little research (they dont want to commit to being able to put the intercooler in and then not be able to) and the fab guy at velocity is out for another week..

SO where is this other place you mention, Intercrew. I tried that website and a search and got nothing..

-S
Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Intercrew is off Walnut in Garland.
Its kind of a beeotch to get to, If your heading north on 1st St in Garland you would take a Right on Walnut and its a red building down a bit on the right hand side.

The owner is Phillp, Tell him Robin sent you.
The do very good work at a reasonable price IMO.
Oh snap! I found his # I think, 972-485-8688
Good luck...
-TR
Old 12-09-2005, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

so why is Robin using the girly's screen name you trying to look more important...sell out