Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

A new scion team

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hell it wasn't even my idea anyway...LOL

Actually, what i've seen happen in other clubs is that a team starts as a part of the club then eventually takes a life of it's own and splits. I'd rather stick with scikotics.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd never split. Sure I'm not down for life like Roger, but I wouldn't split.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

any more posts that are not on topic and this thread will be locked and handled with accordingly.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The Low Lifes idea was one Shannon and I were kicking around last year.
It was meant to be kind of a club within a club for the hardcore show people.
We had even talked about charging dues for it to pay for entries, hotels, shirts, etc.

Does it sound like something people would be interested in?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

sure! take my money!
naw, really though, right now no, but when i get more stuff done and off my to-do list then, sure!
and im sure there are others who can totally compete with this right now.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Would pay dues?? But car is not show ready However would still support this branch of the Scikotics.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ what he said :smile:
Old 02-28-2006, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

then what should we do, idont want to pay dues, ijust want a team that can bond and go to shows together to get the ultimate trophy and rep. what does everyone want to do, i want to be loyal but i want a team that just competes and what happened to some of my posts, they just majically diapeared? how many would want to do this off of scikotics but not have to pay dues? but still be loyal to the family. REMEMBER i am not going against the club i am just mearly starting a show team with whoever. We can either compete with/without scikotics. just let me know asap everyone shows are passing by as we speak!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:19 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My two cents say it will be a bad idea to create an elite group of show cars within our club. I love this club and won't stand in the way of progress at all, but based on gut instict I just feel it will put a rift in our club, and I like the fact that we are all equals, I don't feel like our HMFIC or VMFIC act like they are better than us, atleast in Dallas they are just another member who works their ___ off for us. Again just my 2 cents, but I would say be very careful if you decide to go this route.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like your thinking all in for a sep. car club start listing your name, i dont care whether you car is stock mil wild or anything i just want a group to attend shows thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 04:25 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i don't think anyone is knocking the idea. as you see, we would be willing to do it as a part of Scikotics. What Jon is proposing makes sense. The dues are not ment to make anyone rich. They would be to pay for the club to register at the shows, etc.

Dealer shows are usually free, but the big stuff like HIN and Spring Break require a fee. Either way you go, you're paying money.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

to far up north for me!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can anyone even tell me what scikotics is about? I am sorry if this sounds blunt, or like I am an a$$hole, but honestly.. What makes scikotics different then being a part of this forum???

I am sure I am going to get nagged about this, and may even end up causing it to get locked, but oh well.. I really wanna know what the members think it is. I am trying to understand it.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets get it stated just someone let me know is it frankinscion thats sets the price?Though my car is not heavily mod. as of right now will be in a month but not right now are they just wanting heavily mod. cars?
Old 02-28-2006, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

come to some of the activities and you'll see....i did..lol
Old 02-28-2006, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just pm frakinscion ill post when i get the messege post after work tomorrow lets get the people in thanks! thank goodness we are finally starting get you cars ready lets do this!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been to them dude.. lol..
Old 02-28-2006, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by stevosnewtc
lets get it stated just someone let me know is it frankinscion thats sets the price?Though my car is not heavily mod. as of right now will be in a month but not right now are they just wanting heavily mod. cars?
The show determines the mods.

Here's how it is. I'd love to participate, but know sure as sh't that my car isn't ready to show. At least to start, it would be up to guys like Jon, Mike, Cody, etc. to take on those big shows (I know there are others so no haitin') if the team wants to have a chance.

Have you come out to some of the local shows? Try those first. If you can do well there, then think of the big leagues. Cody (sionpilot) invited you to some of the shows he's going to. Take him up on it and see what's out there...then decide.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by stevosnewtc
can u pm on prices i was the originator of this thread lets get it started, although i s it ok that my car is not heavily mod. but will be shortly. Thge main purpse of this thread is to get a group together whether wild or mild to travel to a show and compete together as a team building rep. and wins is ok if some of the cars are mild and who will lead this?

I have no idea what the fees would be as we never really sat down and talked about it.

It's something we kicked around a bit last year, but never took off. I think the reason it never took off is a bunch of us already hit all the big shows under the Scikotics name. And I do think there is the possibility of it causing a rift by some people thinking they are better than others. And I certainly don't want that.

That's one thing we never wanted to do was have one group thinking they are better than everyone else in the club.

Plus, you would have divided interests at some shows. Some people would register under the Scikotics name like normal and some would register under Low Lifes.

I have no problem with you starting a competition team if that's what you want to do but I don't think it's the right time (if there is one) for Low Lifes. (You just can't use that name.....lol.)

We will be doing something with the Low Lifes name just cause I think it's funny.......lol.
We might make it a a special sticker or something you can get if you win a trophy. Then everyone could still register under Scikotics
Old 02-28-2006, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
Can anyone even tell me what scikotics is about? I am sorry if this sounds blunt, or like I am an a$$hole, but honestly.. What makes scikotics different then being a part of this forum???

I am sure I am going to get nagged about this, and may even end up causing it to get locked, but oh well.. I really wanna know what the members think it is. I am trying to understand it.
The club does a lot more than just hang out on ScionLife, this just happens to be the most popular form of communication.

The club is about the people. It'sabout getting together with people who share the same interests as you and having fun.

"The cars bring us together, the people keep us together."

Quick Reply: A new scion team