Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

(UPDATED 03/16)GREEN THEME - MARCH 18th, 2006!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ditto on above suggestion
Old 02-22-2006, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

I am going, for sure, to see the cars but I am also leery about a car event at a bar. I know I will be responsible but I know some drivers sometimes have a little more than they are use to. This kind of event appeals mostly to singles and childless couples. I just hope its not too cold cause I will probably hang around the cars most of the night.
Also are we doing a show/get together or just parking our cars and going into the bar?
Oops, just noticed DJ Wikka was there, he is good, enjoyed him at Exposed and at the Masters Show at Sport City.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by whatmovesu
Please don't flame but,

Does it have to be at a club or bar??? I know some peeps dig the club scene kudos to them but what about the people who might not find a sitter that night or don't enjoy the club scene. I guess that means we are not going.

If you would like a suggestion:
Since their are five dealerships involve if you want if big then do it big by having two shows. A daytime show similar to scion guys masters and maybe scion of dallas fuel event (i.e. a dealership show that is kid friendly, you could start that say @ 2-5pm). Then follow it up with a cruise/after party/night show at club M5 at 7pm that way you get everyone to come out.

If you have a night show you could have awards for best neon on an xA, xB, tC and best overall neon, best audio and video set up, and such.

That way people who don't want to stay out late and/or have young kids would be more incline to attend especially people from out of town who might have to bring their families along for 2-days there here.

I also would be more likely to attend since I would like to see some cars in the daytime and cruise to M5 check them out a night but leave and head home at a reasonable hour. Sorry you had to read my 2 cents but you asked for suggestions or feedback.

Thanks

K.
Great idea.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Whatmovesu
is right on the money.
Sorry guys I have a lot of better things to do at 10 pm on a Saturday nite!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That sounds like a really good idea to me.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I totally agree with the way ken is suggesting. I would love to come hang out and see the cars and maybe a show, but my friend is moving to california and that night she is having a going away party at firewater, and I am to be there. So one more vote for a show during day and party at night.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

IndyTruks138 Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:23 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I totally agree with the way ken is suggesting. I would love to come hang out and see the cars and maybe a show, but my friend is moving to california and that night she is having a going away party at firewater, and I am to be there. So one more vote for a show during day and party at night.
I also agree
Old 02-22-2006, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The People have spoken!

OK, so if we do a show during the day and party at night, I'm guessing the show needs to be on Sunday afternoon, 3/19. Does everyone want to follow the Masters format? 1-5pm. Food, prizes, etc. How about BBQ this time?

Scion of Lewisville is willing to step up and make it happen.

Roger
Scion of Lewisville

PS I'm almost forgot. We can hook up the XBOX 360's! Project Gotham Racing on Plasma screens!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member

One show at Saturday night and one show during day on Sunday sounds better. We'll be there.

Great suggestion Ken!!

BBQ is cool.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We appreciate your feedback and your suggestions. They are noted. Keep in mind that on the token that we want to make this event good for everyone, the wheels have already been put into motion on our Sat night thing. For us to change that and set up a 2-day thing, we would have to go back and re-print all advertising that has already been put into print. I'm not saying we CAN't do it, but if we want to do something on Sunday, ALL dealers who are sponsoring the event will have to talk before we COMMIT to anything.

Posting here on Scionlife is just one of the websites we are advertising on. We have posted up on a variety of other websites and advertising has already gone into motion.

I'm gonna make sure ALL the (5) dealers are on the same page before we commit to something with you guys.

Thanks for the feedback. For right now, so not to confuse anyone, the Sat night thing is the ONLY thing we are doing. I'll check and see if the Sunday thing can be worked out.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry for any confusion. ^^^What Chad said. Sat night at M5 is full speed ahead. Still working out details on a Sunday event, if it's going to happen at all.

Each dealer has a budget to work with of course, and BTW, when I volunteered our dealership, I was just thinking out loud, which obviously can be a dangerous thing on the internet.

Anyway I've told the other dealers we can have it wherever we agree upon. I'm looking forward to that weekend regardless because they don't let me out much. Sometimes I feel like that guy in "Office Space." I'm just looking for my stapler.

RS
Scion of Lewisville
Old 02-23-2006, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by chad_at_scion
We appreciate your feedback and your suggestions. They are noted.
Thank you for allowing us to post feedback however,

Keep in mind that on the token that we want to make this event good for everyone, the wheels have already been put into motion on our Sat night thing. For us to change that and set up a 2-day thing, we would have to go back and re-print all advertising that has already been put into print.
What advertising we haven't seen any. We are not saying you have to cancel your event for saturday. I understand you want to throw a party and that is fine. Yet, you could accomidate the entire scion community with a daytime show. It doesn't have to be on Sunday the daytime thing can be on Sat. I mean if you are responsible for the club M5 party then let the other four dealerships handle the daytime show. You still have nearly a month you can scratch something together.

Posting here on Scionlife is just one of the websites we are advertising on. We have posted up on a variety of other websites and advertising has already gone into motion.
You stated in previous posts that you planned this for "scions only". Right. Why would you "advertise" other than one scionlife, the most popular scion related forum. And where is this other advertising.

Thanks for the feedback. For right now, so not to confuse anyone, the Sat night thing is the ONLY thing we are doing. I'll check and see if the Sunday thing can be worked out.
If you go forward with this again that's cool.

What my point is that in the FUTURE if you want to plan a show or party/get together of the scion community consider the scion community as a whole.

I mean if it was your target to attract 18-30 year olds you've succeeded with the M5 event (not flaming my 30+ people) all the while neglecting the 16, 17 year olds who own scions and can't attend and the 30-90 yr olds with scions that have either kids, don't want to go hang out in a club or have other obligations that permit them not to be able to hang out till 2 am.

And those who are on the fence such as me and my wife. You want all of us to drive to downtown Dallas so that some of us get drunk at the club then drive home. Right.

And what about security you expect all of us to drive into downtown Dallas with thousands and thousands of dollars of equipment to leave unattended for hours. Please.
My friends car got broken into while we ate at hard rock a while back and that was only 45 mins.

And for out of towners how can you expect them to drive 4 hours just to hang out at a club???

Granted you can't please all of us that's fine. That's life.

But, please after the GREEN THEME event consider ALL of the scion community and as the following comments to my first lengthy post suggests for some of us it isn't chillin all night in a club in the middle of Dallas.

Thank you RS (Scion of Lewisville) for your help in trying to remedy the situation.

Best of Luck with the GREEN THEME guess my scions won't be there.

I guess I'll shut up now Good luck getting 300.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Whatmovesu,
You could not have said it any better.
I hope in the future that the Scion events, will be spent better. What would happen if some one got a DWI?
Daytime shows and get togethers, no drinking is allowed.
It should stay that way.
Trust me, I'm not against drinking!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ergo_Scion
The People have spoken!

OK, so if we do a show during the day and party at night, I'm guessing the show needs to be on Sunday afternoon, 3/19. Does everyone want to follow the Masters format? 1-5pm. Food, prizes, etc. How about BBQ this time?

Scion of Lewisville is willing to step up and make it happen.

Roger
Scion of Lewisville

PS I'm almost forgot. We can hook up the XBOX 360's! Project Gotham Racing on Plasma screens!
Sounds like a great idea, we would have to leave right after the show to hit San Antonio that night and the on to Rockport the next day and so on and so on.........lol

Maybe hold the show at a little earlier time? Like 11 or so? That give the people that are hungover time to recover and still give the out-of-towners more daylight to drive with.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by EXPERIENCE
It's true, I've seen him.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FrankenScion
Originally Posted by EXPERIENCE
It's true, I've seen him.
I can also testify the truth in his claim.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Smarta$$es!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

here's my half a cent.

I agree with Kenneth and all the others that a bar may not be the best location for a car event, especially when people will be driving in from all over DFW and out of town.

However, this is not a car show. It is an adult event. The date is a well known party/drinking date (God bless Guiness!) and even the theme goes along with that.

The post has been up for a pretty long time too. There are literally hundreds of activities posted on SL and we dont go to all of them....why would this one be different?

The fact is, we are adults, well some of us are anyway, and we are free to chose. The dealers are not responsible if we drive our cars too fast and get in an accident just because they sold us the car. Same applies here. They are putting on the show, not peddling alcohol.

I say, if you want to go...go. If not, don't. See how easy that is? I got an idea, anyone not onterested on going to that even, lets get together anyway.

It doesn't have to be a show...we can go to dinner, play pool, bowling...whatever.

Lastly, we all gave Pooty a hard time for not going to the Masters. We all have our reasons, right?

I'm off the podium now.

THANK YOU DALLAS!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionara_tC
However, this is not a car show. It is an adult event. The date is a well known party/drinking date (God bless Guiness!) and even the theme goes along with that.
I have to disagree with you the way this is spun both below and at the masters makes it sound like a show.

we are working with the club to make this event worth the time. there is a little area out front that we are gonna set up the scions in - we're looking for a strong turn out. Plan ahead and let's get 300!!!

The post has been up for a pretty long time too. There are literally hundreds of activities posted on SL and we dont go to all of them....why would this one be different?
This is a dealer sponsored event you would expect them to plan with the idea that they would provide an opportunity for ALL scion owners a chance to participate and be comfortable with it.

Beside this is supposed to be the big dealer event of the month of march. A club????

Should it be private party such as a house party then by all mean get wasted till you crap on yourself. (Not literally you but in general )

The fact is, we are adults, well some of us are anyway, and we are free to chose. The dealers are not responsible if we drive our cars too fast and get in an accident just because they sold us the car. Same applies here.
True, I am not worried about you and me we are responsible with alcohol but the other people who are irresponsible with alcohol. Trust me there are some here in the area.

They are putting on the show, not peddling alcohol.
If that was the case how come we don't have booze at every event like masters last week.

Lastly, we all gave Pooty a hard time for not going to the Masters. We all have our reasons, right?
Pooty's pooty he can do what ever the F*#$ he wants.

Not dissing ya man your cool with me. But a show first then an after party would be better. If your going then enjoy hit one back for me (don't sign the waiver), I'll be at Speedzone with the kiddies or better yet chuckie cheese. j/k

Your points are valid PM me if you wanna talk. Lemme know when you get your parts player I'll help ya install.

I've run my D@*& mouth AGAIN

Good Night

K.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

point taken....good night YA'LL!

Quick Reply: (UPDATED 03/16)GREEN THEME - MARCH 18th, 2006!!!