Notices
Regional - Lonestar OK, TX

(UPDATED 03/16)GREEN THEME - MARCH 18th, 2006!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

why didn't anyone flame like this for the club che event? And yes I love ya ken, but its flaming chads event. I said I would much rather have a show as well, but there is no reason Scion can't do whatever they want. This event obviously isn't centered around drinking or they would have made it 21 and up, not 18. Anyways, I am writing this drunk so maybe my input is useless.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the press would have a field day.if anything happened. that was connected to this.party..would not be a positive thing for scion
Old 02-23-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IndyTruks138
why didn't anyone flame like this for the club che event?
Club Che was a pre-party to the main event exposed planned by Chad I believe (I see a trend starting).
Like the GREEN THEME should have been planned. I don't have a problem with events at clubs and bars as long as it isn't the main event.

I said I would much rather have a show as well, but there is no reason Scion can't do whatever they want.
Granted your are right. However, My impression of these events is that it is to show appreciation to the scion community for their purchase and to inspire others to purchase scions (the $$$$ factor). In esscence we are the advertisment. And as far as I can tell it isn't twenty one year olds buying up boxes like happy meals so why throw a show geared more toward them. This not to say that I am against alcohol in fact I support the legalization of the drinking age to be lowered to 18 (that's another issue). But what are parents with $$$$ gonna think if they see scion events being sponsored at clubs. How are you going to advertise to the scion community especially to young families and conservative couples when you have adult only themed events. Again main events for the weekend should be family friendly while after party can be left up to the imagination.

This event obviously isn't centered around drinking or they would have made it 21 and up, not 18.
Trust me when I went clubbing I went there to get lit up. So I can only anticipate others doing the same however I had a DD while others will be driving their own ride down to show it off. And if there is major advertisment you can be sure the dallas/ft. worth area PD's will catch wind of this. Trust me my friends father works for mansfield PD. You can't possibly tell me that Gulf States Toyota would want to sponsor a major event planned around a club.

And yes I love ya ken, but its flaming chads event.
Chad, if I am flaming your event sorry but, I feel it wasn't thought through unless as I mentioned earlier had a particular target age. And I am not saying don't do events like this just don't plan them as the main event of the day or night and have the expectation that all of us from a 500 mile radius will flock to this.

I'm done with it. Take it however you want. I'll be moving on to something else. Peace.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

I am still somewhat confused, are we showing off cars or just parking and clubbing. I am putting my Envy together and hoping to be there, but to show and mingle with Scion peeps on the lot and show to patrons of the club. After 10, its my bedtime, so I can't hang too long after that.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I would imagine it is planned on parking on going in, just like the Club Che event. And sorry for my post last night, as I said I was drunk.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Anyways, I am writing this drunk so maybe my input is useless.
Whoa! Ryan.... Any hungover eh???
Old 02-23-2006, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Haha, yes I am reaping the rewards/downfall of drinking. Once I eat I will be fine, and hopefully I can get my graphics done today.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Good luck on the graphic. I said #2
Old 02-23-2006, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ken has a point. I applaud him for expressing it so eloquently. I am not so into the club scene or DWI scene actually and I have a 12 yr old. But some may like it.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes ken done well...hay frank...my beadtime is 9oclock
Old 02-24-2006, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by redfins
yes ken done well...hay frank...my beadtime is 9oclock
I hear ya Steve, but I stay up past my bedtime sometimes on weekends. Has anybody thought what we get out of this compared to other sponsered events. We get a parking space and free admission, and then this club has a block of paying customers. I am starting to scratch my head, I at first thought this was an event where we go to this club to show off the cars and Scion introduce the Release 3 to the public. I know some people love the no cover charge and I appreciate it too. I think Scion would get more exposure if we had get together in a Mall parking lot and Scion bought us pizzas.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Pizza *drool*
Old 02-24-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I missed all the action, I have to catch up on my reading!!!!
I guess I can still put my 2 cents in or not, hehehehe, I've got to give it to Kenneth on this club thing..... seems there was a certain someone (me) that was trying ever so hard to plan a BBQ, before EXPOSED, as a family thing, verses the Club Che event, which alot of us boycotted!

Scion has got to get it into their heads, that as much as they REALLY targeted Scions to be a "youth" oriented car line, BUT it has mushroomed to ALL age groups just ask me, my 80 yr. old mom will be a proud owner of an xA here by the end of the March!

here we go...if ya wanna do the club thing, fine I guess but try to offer a side event for the familes, which are now a BIG part of the Scion community! And if you don't have the budget for it, just print this all out and send it to Gulf States, just to show them, to send ya more for the WHOLE SCION FAMILY

guess this is the end, cause the fat lady just sang!!! HAHAHA
Old 02-24-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by KndsGirl
guess this is the end, cause the fat lady just sang!!! HAHAHA
Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I wanna go

I vote for something during the day at Lewisville. I live there and I will finally have my xb by then. I'm not much of a clubber and I also work Sat nights. I already asked for the Sat night off the week before b/c that's the day I will pick up my new xb!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't check, this may not be up for a vote. How 'bout we all get together anyway?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah since this event is going go on anyway I would be down for something else.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Me too, since I'll be there anyway....lol.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As of this writing, we five dealers are brainstorming as to what we can put together. M5 Sat nite 3/18 is still a "GO" but various ideas have been bounced around for "Part 2" or some variation thereof. Keep you posted. I'm giddy with anticipation.

RS
Scion of Lewisville
Old 02-24-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
Scikotics
SL Member

Cool I think it will all go down OK, something for everyone. I am chipping away at having at least the phatist green B around at least for that weekend, then I know the wild ones will start coming out of everywhere.

Quick Reply: (UPDATED 03/16)GREEN THEME - MARCH 18th, 2006!!!