Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

Anybody have problems with McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA????

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member

Angry Anybody have problems with McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA????

Bought my xD at McGeorge Toyota in Richmond VA. They did the first two maintenance checks and they gave me free lifetime yearly state inspections. I've now got about 25K miles on this beast and was going to change my oil and first time air filter change.

I reached in to pull the air cleaner apart and it was already loose!!!!

McGeorge employees and I are the only ones who have been inside this engine compartment, and this is the first time I have even looked for the air filter and the cover was completely hanging loose, with one clip underneath the cover tab.

Luckily it looks like there are a pre and post air filter and it looks like the filter leading to the intake was still in place, but talk about a sick feeling in my stomach......

I'm going to have a heated exchange with their service manager tomorrow. Has anyone else had similar issues?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There's been a small amount of ppl with alil complaint about the stock intake/filter box... lower end lose.. having to put the clips back on and so on .. btw there's hardly any xds in the dmv area so were pretty much all on our own ...
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member

I called Scion to check if there were known issues with the filter box, which they claim none. They forwarded my issue to Bob, service manager at McGeorge. He called and admitted the last time my car was in, they did service the air filter. He is more than willing to do what it takes to make everything good. They will check the air sensor to make sure it is clean. He explained there should be no actual danger to car's engine, which is a relief.