Notices
Regional - Mid Atlantic DC, DE, MD, VA, WV

PTUNING: 15,000 Sq/ft State-of-the-art Facility (56K beware)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What engineering support / custom fabrication capability is available? I'm kicking the idea around for a twincharged xB by adding the Greddy turbo to the front end of the supercharger kit, but would need at the very least an electrically actuated bypass valve to replace the vacuum one, and preferrably an electric-activated clutch on the supercharger driveshaft to reduce loss at higher RPM. And, of course, another remap.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 PM
SL Member

Vetter, it would probably be easier to call them with a question like this. Call them and ask for Mike Nguyen and he can either answer the question or get you the tuner who can! All of them there know their stuff so im sure you will not run into any issue!
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump, just tryin to keep this junx on the first page....cause it deserves to be
Old 12-23-2007, 05:16 AM
SL Member

does ptuning do led swaps for the gauges and hvac?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i tried to get directions it keeps taking me to center street rather than center point lane
Old 01-07-2008, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That road was recently built, so no map program will be able to give you directions. Try the following links:
http://www.ptuning.com/html/showroom.cfm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=e...AKLhKyCAw&cd=1
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah i see, thanks that makes it a lot easier
Old 01-08-2008, 03:15 PM

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! and my car loves you to hahaha see you soon to get more parts...
Old 01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW! just WOW! wish you were here in CA.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The picture of the sign on their website was the biggest help in finding it. Once I was there the first time, I saved it in GPS so even though it's off a street I can still get back.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hopefully one day P tuning will be so big and successful theyll come to Cali. lol
Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 PM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mengsta
hopefully one day P tuning will be so big and successful theyll come to Cali. lol
I wouldn't doubt it!
Old 02-26-2008, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hopefully one day PTuning will be so big and successful they'll show up on MapQuest

Old 02-26-2008, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Hopefully one day PTuning will be so big and successful they'll show up on MapQuest

It's still a mystery why our address does not show up on mapquest. I think someone at the county/city got lazy and never submitted the address into the database when the street was first built. But if you go to google map and just type in "ptuning" instead of our address, you will see our location on the map.

MrC

Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

o good stuff. ALso since you are on this thrad ptuning, are you guys going to make an NA exhaust setup? something with an inner diameter shorter of 2.5"? Or atleast a PERFECT fitting midpipe, My tsudo one is just not cuttin it.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:03 PM

o good stuff. ALso since you are on this thrad ptuning, are you guys going to make an NA exhaust setup? something with an inner diameter shorter of 2.5"? Or atleast a PERFECT fitting midpipe, My tsudo one is just not cuttin it.
We've been asked this question quite a few times in the last few months. The answer is based on demand. If there's enough demand for it, we may produce it. The problem with the exhaust you mention include megan and all the other overseas-made system is that they look pretty and their cheap. These systems have never been thoroughly tested by the manufacturer and most importantly, they never FIT. We've seen too many of these system come through our servicing department and all I can say is that you get what you paid for.

We will only produce a product if there's a market for it. We will not produce a product just to say we have something for your car. If we can't build a better mouse trap than what's already available on the market, we will not produce it at all. Our 3" exhaust system was prototyped, dyno-tested, road-tested and manufacturer in the USA. We will never be able to compete in terms of pricing with the chinese-made exhaust systems and we don't care to. So if you want an exhaust system that will fit and perform properly, but cost a little more, let us know we can make it happen. Also we will only produce an exhaust made out of 100% 304SS and not the cheaper 400 series stainless steel. Also we will probably use SS v-band connections just like our 3" exhaust, it cost a bit more, but it eliminates the exhaust gaskets for a leak-free connection.

Anyone want to start a poll on the demand for new NA exhaust system?

MrC

Old 02-28-2008, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

O man, i really think you would get demand, There should be a thread on this. And yes, i hear megan midpipes have fitment problems too. Im pretty sure if you just made a midpipe, it would even sell a whole bunch, instead of a whole spipe back.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow.... just wow
Old 02-28-2008, 02:56 PM

O man, i really think you would get demand, There should be a thread on this. And yes, i hear megan midpipes have fitment problems too. Im pretty sure if you just made a midpipe, it would even sell a whole bunch, instead of a whole spipe back.
If we produced and exhaust for an NA tC, it would be the complete s-back exhaust system and possibly header-back exhaust (including s-pipe). This way, we can control the fitment, performance, and sound of the exhaust system. There's no way for us to provide any type of performance numbers with mix and match components from other mfg. We would also probably offer v-band connections to eliminate any potential exhaust leaks.

MrC

Old 02-28-2008, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

x2

Quick Reply: PTUNING: 15,000 Sq/ft State-of-the-art Facility (56K beware)