Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

Before anyone heads to WCT in Myrtle Beach

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Before anyone heads to WCT in Myrtle Beach

Just check this out and from what I hear it will be the same for the car crowd too.
http://myrtlebeachbikerinfo.com/
Old 01-14-2009, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I am out then...why bother going....
Old 01-15-2009, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was down recently and spoke with a guy with BayView and he basically told me that as long as your on private property they cant really do anything about it which hotels being private property which is why they have to provide their own security.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by JohnBowen
I was down recently and spoke with a guy with BayView and he basically told me that as long as your on private property they cant really do anything about it which hotels being private property which is why they have to provide their own security.
Thats exactly not how those laws read. Not only does the law allow them to harrass you on private property, it also allows them to fine the hotel for letting you do it. They are basically designed to selectivly enforce. I'll bet money these tickets get tested at DJM. It'll be the first event after some of the laws become effective, and MBPD has been lowereing their tolerence for the whole event in the last few years in general. Last year they shutdown cruising before midnight, and killed the "party" at one of the major hotels.

I ride and attend bike week, and there is a boycott for the city of Myrtle Beach this year, so I wont be attending. I love DJM and Wintercruise, but I am just not willing to waste my hard earned money in a city that doesn't want me or my friends around.

Not a dime, in 09.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, i'm not even in SC yet, and seeing these 'rules' is a downer. We have a large car show every summer in Wi Dells ( a major tourist spot up here ), up to a 1000 classic/muscle cars in the show, not to mention the hundreds or more of newer and tuner cars who are too new to be in show but hang in area. In the eve, there is a huge car cruise thru the town, and the local authority let certain things slide--as long as drivers are behaving. They wont write you up for tint, exhaust, etc as many cars in the show are not street legal rides. So for this event, except for the few knotheads who just have to try and prove what their car has ( in fact does not have ), it's just a great event that works for all sides.
Now the rest of the time up here in most areas--no cruising, no fart can mufflers, etc....
but at least a well put together event can be found.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
SL Member

Yeah i just called a buddy of mine who work for mbpd and he says if large groups of cars/motorcycle are at a public place such as a resturant, gas station so on the police would be called to remove them from the location, he also stated that just bc you are on private property it does not mean they can no ask you to move, unless you yourself, or one of the ppl in the crowd own the location, long story short, it seem good ol myrtle beach doesnt want us there. which really sucks, so that means I wont be bringing my bike down this year, and honestly Im not sure if I will be attending the show at the end of feb, I would rather not be harrassed for cruising with the rest of my car club, or with any other clubs.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Yeah dont forget you have no right to a trial the way this is setup too. They are "Administrative Infractions", WTF ever that means. I really don't see this BS lasting, I am pretty sure it's illegal and unconstitutional, but until someone like the ACLU has time to challenge it, it'll be used to beat people into the ground.

It stinks of Ft. Lauderdale when they were hating on spring break. Now they are begging and pleading to get the kids back each spring.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sucks if some of these 'lawmakers' are my age, who grew up on muscle cars ( and all the fun that goes along with it ); and now seem to forget all of that and just hammer the car movement now. Are there kids out there racing around when they shouldn't? Sure. Were their kids doing it 20-30-40 yrs ago as well? You bet ( guilty as charged here ). But it was sure easier for us oldsters to go cruzin back in the day, then it is for people now. And as a car buff, regardless of type/genre, that is toooo bad....
Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

I lived in Ft Lauderdale during the time they stopped spring break ...it killed their economy..hotels, restaurants, souvenir shops,and clubs all went out of business...they then spent tons of money refurbishing A1A etc to try to get people back...still not the same
Old 01-16-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do the Scion dealers down in SC ever put together little events? One up here has a couple per summer, brings in both their Scion customers as well as other Scions from area clubs. Gives a chance for a little "show" time, will toss in a drive thru the countryside, and maybe end up at an area spot for some grub. One even brought in the new xb with a Scion rep, and we ended with a nice cruise.

Not necessarily the same as a more pure car show/cruise, but at least it allows some fun without being hassled.
Though--- it is difficult to behave, when 3 tc's line up at the lights...
Old 01-16-2009, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

they have not recently
Old 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i head about the MD bike week stuff all over town at random and im not feeling comfortable about going. i still want to go but if the PD are going to be hardcore about it like they were last year, it wont be any fun at all. I've been there for the past 4 years and every time i go it gets tougher and tougher to enjoy it. im glad i cruised when i did and stayed where i was in my chair.... on my 8th beer :-P

i guess im out then

anyone want to do Greensboro or Washington?
http://www.dropjawmag.com/showcircuit/wct9/index.htm
Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 PM

i am hitting up washington, and greensboro!