Notices
Regional - Mid South KY, NC, SC, TN

SickestScion's 05' Build Thread (CAI & LOWERING SPRINGS INSTALLED)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 PM

SickestScion really like the blue TC yeah its hella fun to work on them and get them to look nice. I would start with some rims on your car I know that rota grids look real nice on our cars check them out seen gold with the blue or white and looks really nice. Also look into a drop our cars just have way to much wheel gap imo.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:35 PM
SL Member

Welcome to scionlife. Car looks good, I love that color -- I'm Andrew and here's my whip

Old 03-11-2012, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrmajano
SickestScion really like the blue TC yeah its hella fun to work on them and get them to look nice. I would start with some rims on your car I know that rota grids look real nice on our cars check them out seen gold with the blue or white and looks really nice. Also look into a drop our cars just have way to much wheel gap imo.
Thanks man and yeah i know i cant wait to get my exhaust ill be getting it here soon probably this month or next itll most likely be a trd axle back and yeah ill drop it when i get the money (also a trd drop) and ive been looking at wheels and i love the grids but seems like everybody has them...kinda want to be different but still look great ha idk ill be more concerned about wheels when i have the money

[QUOTE]extrem344[/]
Thanks, I love my tc yours is pretty awesome what all have u done and what springs do u have and what are those wheels? ha havent seen those on any tC's?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:58 AM
SL Member

[quote=SickestScion;3986220]Thanks man and yeah i know i cant wait to get my exhaust ill be getting it here soon probably this month or next itll most likely be a trd axle back and yeah ill drop it when i get the money (also a trd drop) and ive been looking at wheels and i love the grids but seems like everybody has them...kinda want to be different but still look great ha idk ill be more concerned about wheels when i have the money

extrem344[/]
Thanks, I love my tc yours is pretty awesome what all have u done and what springs do u have and what are those wheels? ha havent seen those on any tC's?
Raceland coilovers, no exhaust (for now) and Rotiform BLQ's. I am saving up for Rotiform TMB's but they are out of my price range. I have seen them on 1 or 2 other tC's but none fitted -- or lowered. If your looking to get coilovers, I advise going with Racelands, unless you are trying to track your car. They are perfect for going low, and for me at least, they last. I take care of mine, every winter/spring i take them off and clean them hardcore. and ive had them now 2 years -- about 10k miles on em and no bumpstops, slammed to the floor. I am getting new coil springs in the spring for more low.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah in not looking to go as low as u the trd will probably be just fine for me haha idk ill be saying that now and probably something totally different later haha and i was reading your build thread and seen u had a trd axle back? maybe i read wrong..haha but i love the sound ugh cant wait
Old 03-11-2012, 04:05 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SickestScion
yeah in not looking to go as low as u the trd will probably be just fine for me haha idk ill be saying that now and probably something totally different later haha and i was reading your build thread and seen u had a trd axle back? maybe i read wrong..haha but i love the sound ugh cant wait
IDK if ive updated that thread in ages....i have about 2 or 3 on here now lol...and i took my exhaust off after last season because i almost scraped a hole through it -- im getting a pipe made up to go over my axle in the rear so i can go lower without draggin it. The TRD's are good, handle nice and have good enough low, but if your trying to slam you have to mod them pretty heavily to get them lower, and they are kinda expensive.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah how did u like your trd exhaust?? as far as sound and any noticeable feel?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:17 AM
SL Member

Slight increase, but you feel it. Sound = ****. I loved it, absolutley best sounding exhaust if you arent looking to go loud. Very easy to put on too -- could do it blindfolded lol. You planning on getting wheels? If so what specs and finish?
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah thats exactly what im lookn for i love the sound of a tc its almost got a subie growl haha and yeah i am but later on ha after i lower it itll be 17's with my 215/50/17 tires on it to make it semi flush plus tires are expensive as hell and i dont have the money for new ones haha but as far as finish i like that chromium black finish sometimes called titanium black or any other finish that would look sweet what finish u think would look best??
Old 03-11-2012, 04:51 AM
SL Member

With the blue -- avoid black. I mean personally I hate black it hides too much detail in the wheel. I think on the blue either color matching or silver would be good. I have seen white on that color and looooooooove it. But if you like black -- go with black haha don't. It's your car :-) don't forget that -- I know too many ppl that go by what online strangers say, and I hope you aren't one of them haha!!!! On the other hand, I just noticed your getting lowering springs instead of coils. My best advice is to save up for coils. I wasted 300$ on tein lowering springs, just to find out they didn't go as low as I wanted and than I went to coils shortly after haha.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha no im totally not but i really do take in consideration of others opinions and yeah i know what your saying and im not much of a fan of the white wheels but i will totally agree with you on the silver it looks great especially once lowered and whats the difference between the coils and lowering springs?? like handle better? ride better??
Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 PM
SL Member

Coilovers are adjustable springs. You can also get coilovers with adjustable dampening and camber. Lowering springs are, well lowering springs. You put em on - it handles better - looks better - but if it isn't low enough or doesn't handle how you want it to you are stuck. With coil overs you can change the height by adjusting the rings around it. Only problem is any coilover besides race land or rokkor you will be paying 600$-1400$. In the end it's worth it, but can you initially drop the money? I don't know haha that's where you chime in!!!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha that's pretty cool never messed with lowering at all that's why i got all those questions ha I've just been a light and stereo man until i got this beauty but yeah that's a negative ghostrider haha totally don't have the $$ right now but later on i might but i think imma go with the trd lowering springs at first then probably end up selling them for coils but that's a long ways away
Old 03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
SL Member

Haha I remember when I was like that!!!! But yea that's a good idea your car will handle a lot better. Also, I have a set of tein htechs that I'd think abut selling if you were interested ..
Old 03-11-2012, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aren't the htechs like a 2" drop??
Old 03-11-2012, 05:49 PM
SL Member

I think but the drop is very weak hahaha not much of a drop. Just enough
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

slight drop...wanna go low need coils
Old 03-12-2012, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i dont wanna go slammed just lower and still have a great ride and handle even better
Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SickestScion
yeah i dont wanna go slammed just lower and still have a great ride and handle even better
If you PM me, and are interested in lowering springs ill work a deal with you, but if you arent interested not a problem, wasnt even planning on selling them haha.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mrmajano
Nice looking TC there Testa i live in Wilmington btw and il upload some pics of my RS3 soon but hey did you install your own coils or springs ? Looking for a place or some help to install some coil-overs i got. I have friends that live in Charlotte and go up there sometimes.
nah I had the shop do em that I go to for some stuff...they charged $50

Quick Reply: SickestScion's 05' Build Thread (CAI & LOWERING SPRINGS INSTALLED)