Notices
Regional - Northeast: NYC Metro New York City Metropolitan Area

New 2009 Sizzling Crimson tC NEED IDEAS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member

Talking New 2009 Sizzling Crimson tC NEED IDEAS!!!

Im looking for certain mods that can be done that doesn't effect the warranty. I would love to drop it, but i know i cant (because that would void it). So far, all i have is window tint (15%) and a switched out that long antenna for the honda s2000 one. Just was curious if anyone would have ideas on what to do.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your options are more open than you think.

With regards to your warranty... nothing explicitly voids your warranty. The only problem you could run into is this type of scenario: You install something aftermarket on your car (an intake, for example). Then after a while you have a problem with your engine... if it is proven (and legally, they have to show you) that your non-OEM intake caused the problem, that particular repair will not be covered by your warranty.

Like I said, nothing "voids" it. Even if you run into something like I said above, you can still have it fixed (out of pocket) and the rest of your warranty is still normal and in tact. It would just be specific repairs that would not be covered by your warranty if something non-OEM caused the problem.

So mod away... everyone else does.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh ya, here is a LOT more discussion on the warranty thing:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/maintenance-car-care-1604/truth-about-voiding-your-warranty-21642/
Old 03-26-2010, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member

Nice. Thanks for the link dude.

So say i wanted to drop it, is there any long term effects that i might bump into in the future?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah... not really. Here's some info on that though... (another link)

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-suspension-handling-1615/suspension-faq-read-first-47974/
Old 03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member

Last question, what are some mods that you recommend then? I'm not trying to race it or nothing. I just got it June of 09, and i treat it VERY well. It's my first real car that i worked hard to get (and paying for now) so i don't want to mess it up with something that i shouldn't be doing, you know? I just want it too look good and different, from everyone else that has one.

And thanks for the other link, very helpful.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm.. my "first" recommendations would be suspension. So lowering is pretty popular - just have to find something that suits you depending on how low you want to go (and how bad your roads are). Also if you want to improve handling, a rear sway bar is a great investment and an easy install.

Beyond that, consider maybe new grilles (VRD are nice), wheels if you have the $$, and since you have an 09 with the projectors, maybe a set of HIDs?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

basically everything that Ack said

Springs, Sway, HIDs, maybe a shortshifter if you are driving stick. Axle back exhaust and short ram intake work well too. Clazzio seat covers? Navigation? Wheels?

All are legit options for a daily driver that will have little to no impact on your warranty.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member

Ahhh. HID's....is the DIY that easy. I mean they make it look easy, but is it really that easy? Im usually good at figuring things out, but i dont know how sure i would be to actually do that myself. My barber always tells me to get HID's, and i definitely want them. What do most people go far with that? Because i don't like the ones that look straight up blue. I like the White with a little hint of blue (8000k?). Also, the Fog Lights I'm going to eventually install, its just a matter of money. I checked the threads and it seems most people go with the VRDs instead of the OEM ones (is there a big different for that?). I was looking up Mesh Grilles for it, but i couldnt really find one that appealed to me. I'll check the ones that you recommended. As far as the Rims, i kinda like the stock ones, but i may paint them black in the future.

Last edited by rocefresh; 03-26-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Smile

Originally Posted by rocefresh
Ahhh. HID's....is the DIY that easy. I mean they make it look easy, but is it really that easy? Im usually good at figuring things out, but i dont know how sure i would be to actually do that myself. My barber always tells me to get HID's, and i definitely want them. What do most people go far with that? Because i don't like the ones that look straight up blue. I like the White with a little hint of blue (8000k?). Also, the Fog Lights I'm going to eventually install, its just a matter of money. I checked the threads and it seems most people go with the VRDs instead of the OEM ones (is there a big different for that?). I was looking up Mesh Grilles for it, but i couldnt really find one that appealed to me. I'll check the ones that you recommended. As far as the Rims, i kinda like the stock ones, but i may paint them black in the future.
Try 6000k for the HID's. 8000k's usually are a lil on the bluer side. If u want the run of the mill that usually comes stock on luxury cars with hid than you'd go with 4300k.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:57 AM

i would say do an exhaust i'm actually bringing my 06 to stock and i'm a have some after market parts up for grabs lemme know if u interested
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member

you can do anything you want to the car. if there is a problem with the car that should be covered by warrenty. the dealer has to prove that the modification caused the problem. if they cant hey have to cover it.