Old 12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by CLAPhoto
http://snopes.com/photos/automobiles/radar.asp

There you go!
omg now we really are screwed...its sad to think the days of being able to do high speed runs all over the place are over..
Old 12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by willlangford
Originally Posted by CLAPhoto
http://snopes.com/photos/automobiles/radar.asp

There you go!
omg now we really are screwed...its sad to think the days of being able to do high speed runs all over the place are over..
I know! There's this one road where I live.. it's like, the only place here where you can start from 0 and go to 60. Unfortunately the speed limit on that road is 35.. So I get on the road, I drive down it going 35, check for cops, people in cars, and then turn around and do it again.. then if I see nothing suspicious, I do my run once or twice. It's fun.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

well i live in the sticks compaired to most people on this site so i have a TON of awesome backroads that the limit is 35, but i end up doing 70-90 and usually 60 on the corners (do not do this unless you know your car and the road on 25mph warning corners). but i do see cops usually i just keep going or go faster and hide for a while or they dont even bother me if im lucky. but i remember 3-4 years ago in high school doing 130+ from seattle to home with no issues now i really dont think thats possible sadly.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by willlangford
i remember 3-4 years ago in high school doing 130+ from seattle to home with no issues now i really dont think thats possible sadly.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
BCS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

They have the red light cameras all over Auburn now. I think they are great. People need to stop running red lights. At the intersection of 15th and Auburn Way (if you know Auburn), I saw a guy almost blow up the Shell station on the corner because he tried to beat the light.

Our light had already turned green, and three cars had started going. He was going about 50. He was late on the light, tried to miss the traffic that had already started, almost hitting me and a guy on a motorcycle. He split the motorcycle guy (who was in front of me) and me BARELY. If it wasn't a motorcycle in front of me, he would have hit me. He hit two other cars, barely missed a gas pump AND the car wash, and crashed into a tree behind the car wash.

STOP RUNNING RED LIGHTS!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When I used to live in Auburn, I was broadsided just north of there at NE 22nd and Auburn Way North. A '26 foot' truck (think big U-Haul) owned by an auto supply company, and loaded with auto parts ran the red light on Auburn way at about 45 MPH (claimed by their driver) and took me out from between the school buses in front of and behind me.

He hit the "B" pillar, and everything behind that, punched the rear axle out from under my Toyota Land Cruiser wagon and spun it 270 degrees in the middle of the intersection (yes, I was injured, but was only out of work for a week).

I crawled the 'Cruiser out of the intersection using the front wheels to drag it. (One heck of a tough machine, and only 53 days old when hit.)

The delivery truck was totaled, and flying truck parts damaged a number of new vehicles in the car dealership across the intersection. In fact, his front bumper mounted spare wiped out a Porsche in the lot.

The delivery driver was 'running late' and went through the red light right behind the school bus with the green, which was the first vehicle at the light. My 'Cruiser was #2, and another school bus was #3.

More red light cameras, stronger punishments for running lights and speeding would not make me unhappy.

(The autoparts company did NOT contact their insurance company, and were very surprised when MY insurance company contacted them 4 days later...)

The 'Cruiser was not totaled, but when Fitz Auto Rebuild finished with it, I drove it to Doxon Motors still dripping from it's final wash, and traded it in on another 'Cruiser. (Doxon knew the full story on the accident and took care of me so I didn't lose anything.)

Auburn Way has always been a free-for-all.

Tomas