ID, OR, WA

Official Project Green Picture Thread Updated 4/29

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KRider830
No, I think this is MDF. At least it is what the sign with that bin said. Its more just my fault. I cant seem to cut straight or measure anythign right
mdf looks like this. its a smooth wood and not patched together like you have in your pics, unless there is other wood not seen in the pics.

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/...224879/MDF.jpg
Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

yeah Kirby that is OSB you have there.it will work fine for what you are doing though,since it is gettign covered with suede you will never know,now if it was gettign painted it would be a nightmare.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

OSB or Oriented Strand Board isa night mare to cut.it has a lot of glue in it and jig saws tend to not like it.

with MDF you can scratch a line in the board with a sharp nail and the jig saw will actually follow the line very well......I laearned a lot of tricks reading the ICX forums.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ahh okay, well I am probally going to start over on it anyways. I was looking and I majorly screwed up the hole the amp is going into. So I will find the MDF and give that a shot.

How sturdy is it? Will I need to brace it underneath when the box and amp are supported by it?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

3/4" MDF is very sturdy.......probably 75lbs a sq ft sturdy.you will need to build a brace under the floor anyway to raise it up and that will support it.

goto the following site

http://www.simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/

jsut click on any of the build pictures and he shows step by step how to on lots of differant cars but there are a few tcs and some xbs

but he gives great ideas on how to build false floors....
Old 12-10-2008, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching..
Old 12-10-2008, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Kirby, the tC is looking good. Let me know when you would like my help again. You know I got your back on Project Green. I also would like to get some pictures of my tC up by your house now that I have the 5Axis kit installed. I know there are some awesome areas over looking the valley by your house. It also looks like my AMP 5 star wheels are going to get painted the same color of my car. I talked to the paint shop today about it. They should look good pianted the RS2 Blue.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

so is there a new ETA on the car.. i vote it will be done June 2010!! LOL just playing kirby, looks good though!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

We are doing some work on the Subbie today, so I am going to swing into the paint booth and shoot the car a little bit more. (not litterally, even though I wish I could every so often)

But, I am excited for it to finally be done and take it to shows. Janesa if it dosn't get done til 2010 you know who I am coming after. :-P
Old 12-10-2008, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Pscifun
SL Member

Originally Posted by KRider830
We are doing some work on the Subbie today, so I am going to swing into the paint booth and shoot the car a little bit more. (not litterally, even though I wish I could every so often)

But, I am excited for it to finally be done and take it to shows. Janesa if it dosn't get done til 2010 you know who I am coming after. :-P
whoa whoa whoa u slow down turbo! don't get mad at me... I'm just an innocent bystander
Old 12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL, I just need a scape goat to blame everything on. It looks like we may have the painting done by the end of the week. :-D IDK though, they said it would be done by last sunday too. But, it is getting close. Everyday a little more gets done.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rsmith
Hey Kirby, the tC is looking good. Let me know when you would like my help again. You know I got your back on Project Green. I also would like to get some pictures of my tC up by your house now that I have the 5Axis kit installed. I know there are some awesome areas over looking the valley by your house. It also looks like my AMP 5 star wheels are going to get painted the same color of my car. I talked to the paint shop today about it. They should look good pianted the RS2 Blue.
Thank you Rick,

I am going to need to seal your trunk piece again since I used the wrong wood, and probably messed it up anyways. I could definitely do the pictures for you, theres a sweet spot right off McAndrews where they tried to build that subdivision. Its where some of my orgional pictures were taken at. But, yeah I could definitely do those photos for you. I love those rims BTW, they will look sick with blue, are you doing the silver spoke in a different color or leaving it the same?
Old 12-10-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah I get it the Green Machine ;)
Old 12-10-2008, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL, its almost that same green. WOW. I wish I had one of those when I was a kid.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I so wanted the Green Machine when I was a kid too......kid down the street had one and I was so jealous......wonder now that I am all grown up if I can still fit on one.....
Old 12-11-2008, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

LOL, do you want the wheel or a green machine for christmas brian. :-P

Got a few more pictures, but I am being to lazy to post them. The car is about 1/2 of the way painted now. It is slowly getting there. Hopefully a few more days of painting and then clear coating and the car will almost be done.

Well, I wont be seeing it until after the first anyways. LOL, but still super excited.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I stole that kids Green Machine the day after xmas and hid it in the woods......wonder if it is still there........heck I wonder if the woods are still there.......God I was a bad kid......
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OMG that is horrible, I could see some logger 20 years later finding that and being like WTF is this way out here in the woods.

ha ha ha
Old 12-11-2008, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

then that same year he and I were throwing rocks at a dirt bank and I accidently hit him in the head with a big old rock.....it was an accident but I got a year in juvi for it cause the judge felt a cub scout should be more responsible and have given him aide and not ran home leaving him there.......

he was ok after dozen stitches,but i still got in a lot of trouble for it.......there are days I look back and go WTF was I doing.....lol
Old 12-11-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ha ha, I have those moments alot. Thinking of when I was growing up and going why the hell did I do that, and how did I not manage to get hurt.

I.E. blowing up a fuel can in a bon fire while I was holding it. Long story short, while standing next to the fire I was dumping more of what I thought was diesel into bottles to chuck into the fire. Well low and behold it was gas and the fumes ignited and blew up the gas can in my had. How I manged nothing more than some singed hair dont ask me. But WTF was I thinking, LOL

Quick Reply: Official Project Green Picture Thread Updated 4/29