Regional - Pacific Northwest
ID, OR, WA

Road Rage Attack

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did not know this thread was even started lol. he was found but other than I don’t know what chargeswill be brought against him as I have heard nothing. I was paid 14,300 for my xb2. I owed 12. butbecause the other insurance company is not accepting liability (saying it's myfault) I had to pay my 1000 deductable so I only got 1300 cash in mypocket. used that to buy a 1988 Toyota Cressida.currently in physical therapy for neckand back and have an attorney to bring suit against him. took my insurance company over a month to payme.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and if anyone wanted to know his name is

Anthony Marter
Old 11-16-2013, 10:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your fault? Wth.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man I got upset just hearing this story the first time around but now that his insurance is saying it's your fault just ____es me off so much. Goes to show how corrupt these companies are, defending someone like that just to save a dime...

I hope this _______ gets charged with everything possible. Sorry about your box, man.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SkillFreeJake
Man I got upset just hearing this story the first time around but now that his insurance is saying it's your fault just ____es me off so much. Goes to show how corrupt these companies are, defending someone like that just to save a dime...

I hope this _______ gets charged with everything possible. Sorry about your box, man.
Insurance companies aren't corrupt. The grounds for which a liability claim is paid is based on what damages they believe you could convince a judge that the insured policy holder was liable for. Depending on the what loss facts can be proven and what is word versus word, they make a decision. Claims adjusters are people, and trust me, sometimes they know their customers are the scum of the earth, but they can only justify paying a claim if the evidence shows their customer is liable.

Also, if this was a road rage incident and the other driver INTENTIONALLY rammed his truck into that xB, the insurance company would still deny coverage because auto insurance covers ACCIDENTS. If he got ____ed off and rams somebody on purpose, that would be an intention act and also assault and his insurance would deny coverage on the basis that it does not cover an intentional act.

But what is probably happening is the F250 driver is stating that the xB cut him off and slammed on his brakes without giving the truck enough time to stop. The problem is, that really happens. Basically if the xB owner feels strongly enough about it and gets a liability denial from the other insurance company, he'll have to file suit against the other driver (or owner if they aren't the same person) or get some kind of uninsured motorist claim against his own carrier.