Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

fix ticket for modified exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its legal to modify your exhaust aslong as it doesn't affect emission and its under 95dbs but we can still get tickets for it, which makes absolutley no sense at all and is total bs but yeah -.- and who the hell gives out tickets for unlawful license plate lights when they are white leds, and are brighter than stock slash same as the lexus ones, god, i know cops are just doing their job, but cmon pulling somone over for exhaust and lights when they arent even speeding and other people are hauling ___ past you, wtf. k done ranting
Old 09-22-2008, 08:04 PM
SL Member

Default any changes i should know about this issue?

hello, i live in so cal, just go a fix it ticket last week for modified exhaust.

i was initially going to referee station, but all the stations are closed since july due to cali budget cut crisis.

then i found out that CHP offices can sign fix it tickets off, planning on going there tomorrow, since i have my stock exhaust on already.

but then i read in another forum that CHP officers can't sign off certain tickets? is this true? or some changes made recently?

i don't have that "white ref sticker" mentioned in earlier post, just blank so will still try and see if they can sign it off for me.

if CHP's can't sign if off, and all ref stations are closed down... i don't know what to do.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM
SL Member

A friend of mine had a RHD Integra, usually the ref would sign off on something like that but he took it to the CHiP's and they did everything they needed to do to make it legal. Im sure the CHiPies have it under control.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Default Re: any changes i should know about this issue?

Originally Posted by professormanga
hello, i live in so cal, just go a fix it ticket last week for modified exhaust.

i was initially going to referee station, but all the stations are closed since july due to cali budget cut crisis.

then i found out that CHP offices can sign fix it tickets off, planning on going there tomorrow, since i have my stock exhaust on already.

but then i read in another forum that CHP officers can't sign off certain tickets? is this true? or some changes made recently?

i don't have that "white ref sticker" mentioned in earlier post, just blank so will still try and see if they can sign it off for me.

if CHP's can't sign if off, and all ref stations are closed down... i don't know what to do.
You are screwed my friend. Just like me. I have to be in court on Oct 9th for mine. Just keep calling that 800 number everyday. Someone told me that FJC (Fullerton Junior College) and Chaffey College in the 909 are considered Ref stations. Dunno the facts on that though.

As long as you fixed that exhaust you should be aight to drive on the road.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:25 PM
SL Member

i have made so many phone calls to find out what i'm supposed to do. first, CHP told me that they cannot sign off modified exhaust fix-it tickets, and that i should take the car and ticket straight to the court that was issued (???). then the court (omg, court ppl are so rude!) just gave me a random supervisor phone number, and i gained no info (???) i then called the central traffic department and they had told me that i need to have it signed off by CHP or "sherriff". so i contacted the Sherriffs department and they told me that they don't do such inspections or sign offs of tickets. i then called the local police department in my area, finally got an information that they can sign it off.

so if everything goes well, i will have my car inspected by a police officer, have my ticket signed off, and then wait 21 days for my ticket to show up on the superior court system, and i'm guessing that i can just mail it to the court with a fee of some sort... it was very hard to get to this point since every agency has been telling me different things, and court ppl would hang up on my phone before i'm done talking!

Originally Posted by teejoker12
A friend of mine had a RHD Integra, usually the ref would sign off on something like that but he took it to the CHiP's and they did everything they needed to do to make it legal. Im sure the CHiPies have it under control.
sorry, i don't know much about these things but what are CHiP's?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:32 PM
SL Member

Default Re: any changes i should know about this issue?

Originally Posted by SEXB909
You are screwed my friend. Just like me. I have to be in court on Oct 9th for mine. Just keep calling that 800 number everyday. Someone told me that FJC (Fullerton Junior College) and Chaffey College in the 909 are considered Ref stations. Dunno the facts on that though.

As long as you fixed that exhaust you should be aight to drive on the road.
that 800 number to make appointments at referee center is completely down i gues... due to budget cuts, as well as ALL CA approved referee stations are down (that what the Fullerton JC Auto mechanical department told me, since i originally planned to have it inspected and signed off there. Heard they are really nice people there., o well.

i'll see what happens on thursday when i go to the police department in my area.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:49 PM
SL Member

see that's what i don't get we can't mod our exhaust here but the redneck metal mulisha california cowboy mother puckers get away with their 20" lifts and loud ___ exhaust. At least what i do to my car makes more since than lifting the truck in drive in the city 3 feet.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by professormanga
i have made so many phone calls to find out what i'm supposed to do. first, CHP told me that they cannot sign off modified exhaust fix-it tickets, and that i should take the car and ticket straight to the court that was issued (???). then the court (omg, court ppl are so rude!) just gave me a random supervisor phone number, and i gained no info (???) i then called the central traffic department and they had told me that i need to have it signed off by CHP or "sherriff". so i contacted the Sherriffs department and they told me that they don't do such inspections or sign offs of tickets. i then called the local police department in my area, finally got an information that they can sign it off.

so if everything goes well, i will have my car inspected by a police officer, have my ticket signed off, and then wait 21 days for my ticket to show up on the superior court system, and i'm guessing that i can just mail it to the court with a fee of some sort... it was very hard to get to this point since every agency has been telling me different things, and court ppl would hang up on my phone before i'm done talking!

Originally Posted by teejoker12
sorry, i don't know much about these things but what are CHiP's?

These are CHiP's

Old 09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by elpolloblanco009
see that's what i don't get we can't mod our exhaust here but the redneck metal mulisha california cowboy mother puckers get away with their 20" lifts and loud butt exhaust. At least what i do to my car makes more since than lifting the truck in drive in the city 3 feet.

Well........ where I live, I have a lot of friends with "bro" trucks. from pre runners to 12" lifted F450's all the way to 4500 Kodiaks. They get pulled over also dude. Dont get it twisted. Exhaust, not having mud guards, tint, you name it they get what we get only difference is they get one for too high. Yeah go figure, you cant win. lol.