5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Welcome to Sl hope to see u around
Old 08-26-2011, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you keep your WA license plate dont woryr about running aftermarket parts. =) cop can write you fix it tickets unless he knows WA laws cause your car's registration is based in WA BUT for him to look all that up isnt worth his time. smog laws and etc are different in each state. only thing he can get you for is traffic violations. my friends from vegas drive down here all the time with their straight piped sr20'd s13's lol loud as hell cops dont do anything except tell them to get that leak fixed =) lol
Old 08-26-2011, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Knew a guy that was visiting CA and got pulled over for speeding, tried to give him a ticket for his intake, but made it known his car is registered in TX to get the officer off his back. Just had a ticket for speeding after all that.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:12 AM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

ahh...Cal Poly Pomona...nice choice

good luck there and good luck with the car! too bad i just graduated, could of had a sort of tC welcoming party on campus
Old 08-26-2011, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xtcO7
Welcome to Sl hope to see u around
Thats my goal

Originally Posted by M2-Motoring
if you keep your WA license plate dont woryr about running aftermarket parts. =) cop can write you fix it tickets unless he knows WA laws cause your car's registration is based in WA BUT for him to look all that up isnt worth his time. smog laws and etc are different in each state. only thing he can get you for is traffic violations. my friends from vegas drive down here all the time with their straight piped sr20'd s13's lol loud as hell cops dont do anything except tell them to get that leak fixed =) lol
Yeah, thats my plan. I might want to go back to WA after school, so.

Originally Posted by dropzone
Knew a guy that was visiting CA and got pulled over for speeding, tried to give him a ticket for his intake, but made it known his car is registered in TX to get the officer off his back. Just had a ticket for speeding after all that.
So basically any mod I do that isnt CARB legal is fine?

Originally Posted by KidJustin
ahh...Cal Poly Pomona...nice choice

good luck there and good luck with the car! too bad i just graduated, could of had a sort of tC welcoming party on campus
Did you go there? What did you think of it? I saw 3 tC's parked parallel to each other, all modified, I felt right at home
Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cobija
Did you go there? What did you think of it? I saw 3 tC's parked parallel to each other, all modified, I felt right at home
I just graduated, c/o 2010...well i walked with the c/o 2011...but thats another story

to be honest...dorm life i'm not sure...friends says its good but i was more of a commuter. its a cozy school...lota things go on..but not so much that its a party school. classes are okay...gradecalpoly.com that helps a little in checking out professors

the new student rec center looks awesome once its done....free for students so keep a look out for it....(i have to pay since i'm not a student anymore...)

as far as the important stuff...traffic tickets are a major PITA there! before it was okay, but now the officers lurk like crazy to give people parking tickets..so ALWAYS remember ur packing decal (if nots its like $50+ if u get caught)...other than that just be caution about people stealing ur car (or just the rims/mods)...personally i've had no problems at all...but i've had friends/family who were not as fortunate...

well yea, good luck and any help u need school or tc -wise feel free to ask. always willing to help out a fellow bronco!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just graduated, c/o 2010...well i walked with the c/o 2011...but thats another story

to be honest...dorm life i'm not sure...friends says its good but i was more of a commuter. its a cozy school...lota things go on..but not so much that its a party school. classes are okay...gradecalpoly.com that helps a little in checking out professors

the new student rec center looks awesome once its done....free for students so keep a look out for it....(i have to pay since i'm not a student anymore...)

as far as the important stuff...traffic tickets are a major PITA there! before it was okay, but now the officers lurk like crazy to give people parking tickets..so ALWAYS remember ur packing decal (if nots its like $50+ if u get caught)...other than that just be caution about people stealing ur car (or just the rims/mods)...personally i've had no problems at all...but i've had friends/family who were not as fortunate...

well yea, good luck and any help u need school or tc -wise feel free to ask. always willing to help out a fellow bronco!
Thanks man, yeah housing really screwed up this year though, they made dorming mandatory to people outside the area and they have a waitlist right now, and apparently lots of people are on it. I personally got in a suite cause I am a bawss like that. Yeah, my dad is sort of againest having me take my car their because he thinks everyone will ask for rides and if I refuse, I wont have friends, which I dont think its that drastic. Yeah, that traffic ticket stories is the same here as well, friend of mine parked at Uni of Washington for 10 minutes and got a ticket. If I do get wheels then I might consider getting wheel locks, heard of em but never really seen them. Only thing that someone could jack easily off my car is my lip spoiler, go ahead and steal a light blue lip spoiler (its attached by 3m tape, no bolts).

Thanks man, going for comp engineering atm so its gonna be lots of work.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So bumping this back up. Having my car shipped down with all my clothes, computer, etc in it. Does anyone happen to know what I would need to do to legally have my car down there? I am a little confused if I need to get emission tested ASAP (so to take my aftermarket intake off before it goes down), or when to get new tabs.

If anyone knows that would be great, I am pumped to move down!
Old 09-12-2011, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unless you are a resident and plan on making it your permanent address I don't believe you need to re register.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So just a little update, school and such is going well, have been getting quite a few compliments on my car at school took my car to my uncle's friend who is a mechanic because I was getting some weird sounds after lowering my car. People that were working there were shocked how low my car was and telling me to raise it ASAP, and I told them my coils could go even lower. But the mechanic said that if I don't mind the sound its not going to cause any issues.

But I sort of dont know what else to do with my car anymore. I dont want to do anything that is irreversible which I feel eliminates a lot of what I might want to do or is just too expensive for my wallet right now. Sure, I can do some things here and there (interior lighting, etc), but just curious what you guys might suggest. I was thinking of new wheels but haven't come across anything recently that has really A) looked amazing with my car B) makes me want to drop $1000 on wheels (I need to get new tires soon anyway, so might as well look for some wheels+fairly new tires).

Also, there is this modded FM (I am 90% sure its FM but I usually only see the car parked at night so I dont know if its FM or BSP), I swear I have seen the car here on this forum before, so if the owner sees this, hit me up

Or if anyone knows of someone with a modded tC that goes to Cal Poly Pomona let me know, thanks.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:58 PM
DaYUUM/Scion Evolution
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

what about a modded tC2 and a CPP alumni? haha

i'm not sure but i think there is a facebook group or something that is called Imports@CPP ....or something. yea i'm sure there are a few tCs in that group.

anyways...cheap reversible mods...you can look into Plasti-Dip. its spray paint that will stay, but when u want to remove it...it peels off. or add LED strips on the exterior

check out my build thread. its almost 99% reversible mods. and yea..its the second gen tC...but i'm sure u can get ideas (also i'm local if u need any help with any of the mods)
Old 11-15-2011, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you wanna change your rims. let me know if you have plan to sale your STUCK RIMS.
for ma xD cause for some reason for me it looks good for my xD the stuck tc rims. lol. btw im in local too.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

what about a modded tC2 and a CPP alumni? haha

i'm not sure but i think there is a facebook group or something that is called Imports@CPP ....or something. yea i'm sure there are a few tCs in that group.

anyways...cheap reversible mods...you can look into Plasti-Dip. its spray paint that will stay, but when u want to remove it...it peels off. or add LED strips on the exterior

check out my build thread. its almost 99% reversible mods. and yea..its the second gen tC...but i'm sure u can get ideas (also i'm local if u need any help with any of the mods)
Yeah I have heard of Imports@CPP, actually just found them on FB so thanks.

I think I have seen Plasti-Dip used before, but meh, we will see.

Thanks man, ill let you know if I need help.

Originally Posted by kervin204
if you wanna change your rims. let me know if you have plan to sale your STUCK RIMS.
for ma xD cause for some reason for me it looks good for my xD the stuck tc rims. lol. btw im in local too.
Ill pass, I dont want xD rims :D
Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If anyone is looking for a for sure answer on the plate scenario, CA says that if I am under the age of 22 (could be 23, forgot) and am an enrolled student, I am void from paying registration (so keeping plates is a affirmative). Thanks for everyone that helped me! So little updates I guess. Realizing that my tread is getting low isnt a good thing, so gonna try to get new wheels and tires this week! Sort of stuck on what to get with my college budget. I have a solid $1000-$1200 set aside for wheels and tires though. Not sure to go rep or real, Id rather probably go rep because I wouldnt want my wheels stolen.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

you can get a set of rotas mounted and balanced for that much.

http://www.wheeldude.com/catalog/ind...th=480_423_493
Old 02-04-2012, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welcome to ScionLife hope to see you around. Our color AP is pretty rare IMO you dont really see much around on the street :D
Old 02-06-2012, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree, but then again its hard to color match with our color :/

@Syl

I am looking for real wheels first, then if I cant afford them ill get reps. Thats my mentality right now, because all my friends that dont have reps found solid deals and said to just keep your eyes open and its worth it
Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

@Syl

I am looking for real wheels first, then if I cant afford them ill get reps. Thats my mentality right now, because all my friends that dont have reps found solid deals and said to just keep your eyes open and its worth it

I been through black, Gunmetal and Silver w/ polished lip matches pretty well IMO. I always wanted to try hyperblack but always thought it was a little to flashy. I just recently got white :D and I <3 the color combo!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

hey u should come out to a meet someday so we can get to meet u and ur ride get some ideas from other scion owners
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

@Syl

your best bet is going to be used. Jasper Ash and Tcpete have a lot of wheel knowlege if you want to hit them up.