Notices
Regional - Pacific South CA, NV
View Poll Results: How Many Games Will The Lakers Last?
Suns in a SWEEP!!! (4 Games)
13.95%
Suns in 5 Games
11.63%
Suns in 6 Games
11.63%
Lakers take them the distance! (But lose in 7 Games)
9.30%
Uh, excuse me? I think the Lakers can win this thing!
53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Suns in 5 Games!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default Suns in 5 Games!!

Okay SoCal. What's your opinions on the Play-off series starting Sunday? I think Kobe can win one game on his own but can the Lakers win two?
Old 04-20-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

More into the NCAA scene, but everyone loves the playoffs. Suns in 6 (or less) is my vote.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I say sweep.. forget the lakers its all about the clippers
Old 04-21-2006, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd say if not a sweep, it would be in 5 games...everybody keeps on talking about Kobe avg. 40-50pts. per game against the Suns...duh, that's the strategy lol...let Kobe score all the points instead of Odom and the rest..

...oh yeah, the Lakers did win one game against the Suns this season...and that was when Steve and Raja were on the bench

JC

p.s. and yes, the Clips will make it to the second round
Old 04-21-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by az_pinoy
i'd say if not a sweep, it would be in 5 games...everybody keeps on talking about Kobe avg. 40-50pts. per game against the Suns...duh, that's the strategy lol...let Kobe score all the points instead of Odom and the rest..

...oh yeah, the Lakers did win one game against the Suns this season...and that was when Steve and Raja were on the bench

JC

p.s. and yes, the Clips will make it to the second round
Clips could be a scary team in the play-offs.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are we betting? j/k , don't follow basketball any more, I'm a hockey fan now, boo whoo, the LA Kings crapped out this year , dam injurie curse .
Old 04-21-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

The Suns will get you hyped up. Most entertaining team in the NBA when they're running.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

No dought the Suns sweep. Guess what aint gonna be no laker - clipper 2nd round. it will be the suns and clipps. LETS GO CLIPPERS!!!!!! Get that Bevery Hills Lakers junk outta here! Ive been waiting for this since 94, so i do deserve this momment. Also no dought Kobe will get MVP since he's the only one that shows up and plays his a$$ off.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Yeah... if Phil Jackson wins 2 games I'll maybe buy that he's a real coach-of-the-year candidate.

I wish he'd go coach New Orleans or Portland into the play-offs. Do the job without a Jordan/Pippen or Shaq/Kobe combo on his roster.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^interesting point there Mark..

still can't believe that at every sports show the Lakers are still picked over the Suns, oh well, we'll see :D

JC
Old 04-22-2006, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I got my broom ready
Old 04-22-2006, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know I love my Lakers but they can't get it done with only one star (KOBE). But then you can't feel bad for Kobe, because he is the reason for the downfall of the Lakers. Despite what everyone might say, it's true.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Almost forgot to put my prediction... Suns in 5 games... Sorry, I know I'm a traitor to my beloved Lakers, but it's the truth, they aren't great this year!
Old 04-22-2006, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Half court we win, run and gun they win...if we win one of these two away game, Lakers will take the serie.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by punksterz626
Half court we win, run and gun they win...if we win one of these two away game, Lakers will take the serie.
I think, if they win the first two here in Phoenix, they'll be very afraid.

1993. First round. 5-Game series.

From Suns.com

In Game 1, L.A.’s Sedale Threatt scored 35 points as the Lakers upset the Kevin Johnson-less Suns, 107-103. KJ suffered a knee injury during a post-game celebration at Portland a week earlier, but Phoenix got a strong performance from Charles Barkley, who tallied 34 points and 15 rebounds despite Elden Campbell’s 6-11 defensive posture.

In Game 2, Vlade Divac’s 19 points and 19 boards negated KJ’s return. Barkley pulled down a Phoenix record-tying 21 rebounds, but in what seemed like just a snap of the fingers, the Suns saw their homecourt advantage disappear and were left scratching their heads.

Yet, with frightening poise and confidence, coach Paul Westphal uttered words that will be etched forever in the annals of Suns basketball: “We will go to Los Angeles and win both games. We will then come back to Phoenix and win Game 5. Then everyone will say what a great series it was.”
Suns won 3-2
Old 04-22-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know how everyone can overlook Lamar odom and kwame brown. They have both been playing great. Odom had triple double in two of the last four games. And kwame brown has been playing great since chris mihm got hurt. I do think it will be a tough challenge but the lakers can do it. The lakers are going to run a lot of offense throough kwame because the suns have no big man and they arent a good rebounding team. I have been a laker fan since birth and I always have confidence that they can win. We will just have to wait and see.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BIGShawn
I dont know how everyone can overlook Lamar odom and kwame brown. They have both been playing great. Odom had triple double in two of the last four games. And kwame brown has been playing great since chris mihm got hurt. I do think it will be a tough challenge but the lakers can do it. The lakers are going to run a lot of offense throough kwame because the suns have no big man and they arent a good rebounding team. I have been a laker fan since birth and I always have confidence that they can win. We will just have to wait and see.
yeah odom and brown are good but the thing is that kobe is a ball hog and always will be one. he doesn't know how to be a team player yet. but the suns are gonna win it in 5 games. shawn marion is da man. nobody has quick hops as he does. he's my pick for this years mvp. steve nash had it last year now marion will get it this year. also marion stats are great. also we got boris diaw who is the most improved player. plays like hes a guard sometimes. also raja bell who can play defense really good and is 3rd in 3pt fg percent. suns are a good team again this year even without amare. it's like ncaa though. anyone can win. i could keep on going but thats it for now!
Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by keoki
yeah odom and brown are good but the thing is that kobe is a ball hog and always will be one. he doesn't know how to be a team player yet. but the suns are gonna win it in 5 games. shawn marion is da man. nobody has quick hops as he does. he's my pick for this years mvp. steve nash had it last year now marion will get it this year. also marion stats are great. also we got boris diaw who is the most improved player. plays like hes a guard sometimes. also raja bell who can play defense really good and is 3rd in 3pt fg percent. suns are a good team again this year even without amare. it's like ncaa though. anyone can win. i could keep on going but thats it for now!

I will agree that kobe does shoot a lot, but he shoots 45% and averages 5 assissts per game. Boris Diaw plays like a gaurd because he is a gaurd, the only reason he plays as a big man is because the suns dont have one. The suns do put up a ton of points but they give up a lot of points too, and the arent a great defensive team. I would give it to the suns if they had Amare, but they dont. With him they would probably be the champs.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

The Suns do give up more boards than they pull down. 41.8 - 45.9

The key for the Lakers (IMHO) will be the play of Barbosa and Diaw. If those guys have good games the Suns win.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will agree that kobe does shoot a lot, but he shoots 45% and averages 5 assissts per game. Boris Diaw plays like a gaurd because he is a gaurd, the only reason he plays as a big man is because the suns dont have one. The suns do put up a ton of points but they give up a lot of points too, and the arent a great defensive team. I would give it to the suns if they had Amare, but they dont. With him they would probably be the champs.[/quote]

diaw is not a guard. he's supposed to be marion's relief. kurt thomas supposed to be center. bryan grant supposed to be amare relief but everything didnt come out as planned. it was supposed to be nash-point guard bell-shooting guard marion-shooting foward amare- power foward and thomas-centrer. but i agree with you on one thing. if the suns had amare we would be champs!

Quick Reply: Suns in 5 Games!!