Well......They Got Me Finally

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Default Well......They Got Me Finally

Well yesterday Nicole and I were driving home from work in my xBeezy. Since traffic was bad as usual, I decided to get off on Haven Ave from the 60. Everything was cool till I got to Ontario Airport. Right as I pass Airport Dr, 1 of Ontario's finest pulls up behind me. They (yes they) decide to let me go a few more blocks. As soon as I pass the Hilton on Haven they lit me up. I was like Wongdafuc? So I pull over instead of hitting the gas, but in an xBeezy, no way. LOL. So they pulled me over for my exhaust and how loud it was. My 1st excuse to them was it was the Scion exhaust. In truth it's a JIC exhaust. Now the officer never told me to rev either. kinda wierd. He also made me pop my hood and got me for my intake. So now I knew I was screwed. Now I was more panicing that I have a removable steering wheel, countless abstruction of views on the front windshield, no front plate, too low (how you figure on an xB), and no hood pins on my carbon hood. After I got issued the cite for modified exhaust and intake (smog), I asked the officer, what initially got me pulled over......TRUTHFULLY. He says they saw my "racing" decals a block away. I was like "MY DECALS GOT ME ROLLED BY THE MAN?" He said yeah, and it was a dead giveaway I was a racer. I didn't wanna argue that I have not gotten a cite for any reason for the last 7 yrs because it would be pointless. Now on my way home, I decided to call a friend of mine to sign off my ticket for me and he said yeah. Just swing by my CHP office and we'll hook you up. Then I got home......the putangina pinches whey says State Referee required and cannot be signed off by any agency. WTF. Intake and exhaust??????? Maybe turbo or supercharged, but intake and exhaust?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the cops told me that Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, Rialto, Fontana, Chino, Chino Hills, Walnut, LA County Sherrif, San Bernardino County, and Riverside County have full training now and have a "Street Racing Task Force" just to look for possible suspects with highly modified vehicles WITH illegal parts and accesories. Just another FYI

Oh and I'm now selling my JIC exhaust and 1 off chrome F5 Fujita Intake. Any takers?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

pics of the Jic?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh mah gah

that's complete BS. dude ... you should never have let them search your car in the first place >_<. only if they have probable cause ... and "racing" decals don't cut it. you could just be a fan of companies, that's all. exhaust could have come on the car from the dealer, who knows. you weren't speeding, you weren't doing anything illegal. heck, the cop got this completely wrong and gave you an illegitimate ticket in this case.

it's stories like these that really ____ most people off because the police force should really do their homework on what cars can ACTUALLY race ... the xbox a racer is not.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
pics of the Jic?

lol. I am going to pull it out tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

cool, i might want just the muffler lol
Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how are accessories illegal? id get in touch with SEMA SAN about BS like this.

www.semasan.com
Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

they need money that why they doing this.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by firesquare
how are accessories illegal? id get in touch with SEMA about BS like this.
Well, there is a fine line to all this. A LOT of accessories we buy for our cars even though it says DOT approved still says "off road use only". I dont get it myself. My F5 says it on the box, my exhaust says it, my NRG Quick release says it too.

Also, the VC code also has loop holes. For example tC owners my not get busted for being too low, but the VC code book also has a violation code for too low headlights. Also for certified legal exhaust systems. They can cite you if they want for breaking smog rules. Only CA law btw.

I give up...I'm moving to Idaho and open up the 1st Filipino Restaurant up there.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ word. get out of california. not a tuner-friendly state.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had 2 CHPs & a charger cop following me 3/4 of the way home from HIN. None of them hassled me, but that damn charger cop kept speed matching me & it was making me a nervous wreck. I could've gotten like 16 tickets.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I say put them back on after you take care of the fix it ticket. and then take off the stickers or make the car a non-daily? Can you afford that? Your intake is a prototype. It's crazy nice! I would buy it from you if I had an xB.

I am so pos. that having no vinyl has saved me plenty in LA. But I also have no sponsors.

I think there training is greatly flawed. All it seems to have done is profile people with 1.5ltr 90hp? cars. Meh!!
Old 08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
SL Member

yeah, i saw a report on fox 11 saying that now in the San Fernando Valley they have a street racing task force. Why? Who knows. But they are out there looking for people like you and me... sucks...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by INFINI
I say put them back on after you take care of the fix it ticket. and then take off the stickers or make the car a non-daily? Can you afford that? Your intake is a prototype. It's crazy nice! I would buy it from you if I had an xB.

I am so pos. that having no vinyl has saved me plenty in LA. But I also have no sponsors.

I think there training is greatly flawed. All it seems to have done is profile people with 1.5ltr 90hp? cars. Meh!!
I would love to do that James, but in my area. Its a losing battle with the Ontario Street Races literally a mile 1/2 from my house. Not really, but close enough that I can hear "the bird" flying by. Figure when I sell the intake and exhaust, I am going full legit and bring it back when things die out again.

Yes I did mention 90 hp too. The cop then asked me why do I have cross drilled rotors and autometer guages. Now I didnt want to go into detail on my interior because of my steering wheel w/ NO airbag. I just took it up the **** pretty much. All in all guys, just be careful and think about this "do I have to drive my car today?"

BTW, I am canceling my team's meet and greet in Riverside Friday night. We may keep it a residential meet or dealership meet only for awhile.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that's not good to hear, why didn't you just tell them that it was your show car and you where crusing in it.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IC, yeah seems like he knew allot of details. One reason I still have my OEM steering wheel Well sorry to hear about this. I know I was targeted last week on the highway but the cop had to get off and help a stranded driver.

I was bumping the system so maybe how I got his attention Whew! time to watch out allot more.....
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

D@MN that sux. ya i feel sorry for everyone who lives in the riverside/san dino area you guys must be feeling it even more than us here in o.c.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
wow that's not good to hear, why didn't you just tell them that it was your show car and you where crusing in it.
It was a losing battle Cat. all I would be doing is this...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

That sux dude, I say keep your intake tho...it's a one off made for you...there's too much of a story for someone else to have it.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Holy chet kiddo....that poo sucks but you shouldve just @ his "racing stickers" comment.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, i didnt know hood pins are required if you run a CF hood. i also heard that if your hood (CF or not) doesnt have the emissions stickers found underneath the stock hood, you can be cited. that true?

why are you taking off the exhaust? even though it labeled for off road use, its okay if it under 95db right? or is it full exhaust that wont pass the sniffer?

Quick Reply: Well......They Got Me Finally