Regional - Pacific South CA, NV

WOW ANOTHER VICTIM OF STREET RACING

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw for anyone that thnks this happened on the highway,

it didnt, the news reports states it happned on city streets. the girl in the focus was goin 80 mph on the street and hit the lexus running a red light at an intersection.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murbyrne
i wasnt doubting you, just wanted to make sure you didnt whip that statistic out of you a$$ I just personally dont believe in doing it, and feel its unsafe and indangers others
I think weaving in and out of traffic is asking for an accident to happen. But in general, street racing is a non issue. The average person having a conversation while driving is more lethal than someone involved in a street race.

And I think EVERYONE on these boards has had a conversation while driving...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB626
dang, thats very said!

at least that the Scion complied.

i wonder why those people want to street race on that road while there is a police station near by...
that intersection always gives me problems. last wednesday, some dude tried to rob me while i was at the red light...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by FMtChia
dang, thats very said!

i wonder why those people want to street race on that road while there is a police station near by...
that intersection always gives me problems. last wednesday, some dude tried to rob me while i was at the red light...
Old 12-04-2007, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
MN Scions

No matter how you look at it, its reckless driving.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

dang, thats very said!

WOW! scary stuff right there! what did you do when he tried to rob you?
Old 12-04-2007, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

boo street racers go on a track!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jdub86
No matter how you look at it, its reckless driving.
True that, but I believe there's a definite difference between weaving through traffic and heading to a secluded location to drag race.

Doesn't it make you wonder how the German Autobahn has no speed limit, and people reach speeds of 200mph+, yet statistically it's one of the safest roads in the world?
Old 12-04-2007, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang, thats very said!

oh what?!?!?! wait, the intersection is Rosemead blvd and Las Tunas??? was this at nigth???? o man that sucks I guess I better start locking the doors
Old 12-04-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Soulquarian
Doesn't it make you wonder how the German Autobahn has no speed limit, and people reach speeds of 200mph+, yet statistically it's one of the safest roads in the world?
Thats because germans are 10000000000000000x better drivers than americans.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Originally Posted by IntegreS_350
dang, thats very said!

oh what?!?!?! wait, the intersection is Rosemead blvd and Las Tunas??? was this at nigth???? o man that sucks I guess I better start locking the doors
i've been locking my doors whenever im out.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

again...the people who pull this ____ in an area populated with people. Also... Note "THE SCION COMPLIED" with being pulled over. The focus tried to bail. Regardless....that sucks.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that's kinda odd..a girl street racing and running away from the cops at the age of 17? thats my age!! weird..
Old 12-05-2007, 10:30 AM
SL Member

regardless if it's a girl, at that age of 17, the only thing teenagers know is "GO FAST!!". stupid teens here in San Diego think that their "JDM" civic can run ANYTHING! seriously. i'm tired of street ra---ricers
Old 12-05-2007, 01:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

no matter the age or gender it should be kept on the track i posted this so you can read and know that some people out their are making us look bad..... and people on here saying they have never raced their car is B.S. just be realistic people it is only a topic about someone doing something that they werent suppose to be doing and got caught thats all
Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

soooo sad one of my friends know her he told me about it weaving in out of traffic at high speed is bad and ya theres a sheriff station there =(
Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
Team Sushi
SL Member

TEMPLE CITY - Angela Chung, a student on the dean's list at Woodbury University, spent the last night of her life studying for finals.

It was not an unusual way for the 19-year-old to spend a Saturday night, her family said.

Most of her time was spent working to pay her way through college, they said, while volunteering with every charity she could find time for and working hard to achieve her dream of being a human resources manager for a major company.

But, driving back from her boyfriend's dormitory at UCLA in the early hours of Sunday morning, her car was struck just blocks from home by an alleged street-racer trying to evade authorities.

She was taken to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center in critical condition and authorities were sent to the home where she lives with her parents.

"The police came up to the door and our dogs didn't bark," said Angela's father, Michael Chung. "I felt something was wrong."

Michael and his wife, Lynn, rushed to the hospital, where Angela died around 2:30 a.m.

"It was just surreal," said Angela's 21-year-old sister, Olivia Chung, who lives in San Diego.

The suspect in the incident, which also injured two others, is a 17-year-old girl from Rosemead who was allegedly racing another vehicle. She is being charged with four felony counts including vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence and evading an officer causing death, officials from the District Attorney's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office said.
Now, Angela Chung's family and friends have set up a memorial on the northeast corner of the Las Tunas Drive and Rosemead Boulevard, where her car was struck.

Flowers, candles and a teddy bear surround a framed picture of the young woman described by family members as "goal-driven" with a "bubbly" personality.

"She was always laughing and had a big smile on her face," Olivia Chung said Tuesday.

Angela Chung also worked part time as a concierge at the Westfield Santa Anita mall and volunteered for the Red Cross, Tournament of Roses and the AIDS Walk among other activities, family members said.

Angela's oldest sister, Staci Chung, 28, was returning from her honeymoon in Europe when the incident occurred.

While her flight from Paris was laid over in Chicago, Staci spoke with her family.

"They told me to come straight home," she said. "They said my grandpa was sick."

When she arrived, she saw her grandfather alive and well, but noticed a picture of Angela sitting on the kitchen table where several members of her extended family had gathered. Her aunt broke the news.

"The last time I saw \ was the day after my wedding - she was one of my bridesmaid, and I thanked her for all of her hard work," Staci said with tears welling in her eyes. "I told her `I'll see you when I get back."'

As the family struggles to come to grips with the tragedy they hope the incident can serve as a warning to anyone thinking of street racing.

"We want to tell all the young people not to do the street racing. It's irresponsible and dangerous," Michael Chung said. "Look what happened to us."

Olivia Chung added: "It's unfortunate because this young girl was trying to do something for her own pride and ended up taking my sister's life."

Though their daughter and sister is gone, the Chungs are surrounded by reminders of her. Inside their home sits a small shrine surrounded by flowers and candles.

Co-worker and friend Julia Dominguez believes she can still feel Angela's presence, and said she felt it the morning Angela died, when she herself was involved in a bad accident.

Dominguez was involved in a freeway accident that caved in the roof of her car, yet walked away without a scratch, she said.

"I was walking away from the accident when I got the call that (Angela) had died," Dominguez said. "It was like she was my angel watching over me."

Family members said a viewing will be 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Rose Hills Memorial Park and Mortuary in Whittier; a funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Tuesday at the SkyRose Chapel.

Family members ask that attendees donate to the Angela Chung Memorial Fund, which will go toward funeral expenses and a scholarship to be given at Woodbury University.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Kreationz
SL Member

Can I say it? Yea, I can say it...phuckin idiots
Old 12-06-2007, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hope that 17yo girl gets all those charges and faces the full sentence instead of getting it easy because she's 1) young 2) female. Yea sure its fun to go fast.. on the freeway! The fastest street around me is 65 which goes behind the El Toro base (can't remember the name) and I can't fathom doing any higher on city streets for the fun of it...

I swear, the idiots are thinning the smarter people out from all their stupid and irresponsible mistakes. Most of them get off light too compared to the original sentencing as well...
Old 12-06-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

wow. crazy.

Quick Reply: WOW ANOTHER VICTIM OF STREET RACING