Notices
Regional - Plains IA, KS, MO, NE

Scinergy for Synergy - Saturday, March 21, 2pm-7pm

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your pics are much better then the ones i was going to post.

i thaught it was a great show.
i kinda agree (i said kinda) about the lack of knoledge on the judge part.
less then half way threw me talking about how i custom bent, cut, and polished me engine cover i saw how they didn't understand the work. when i started talking about camber and hub spacing............. 75% the group was alread staring at another car, so i stoped talking.

its hard to find good judges, i know this.

i met some cool people and and sew a few i havent seen in almost a year.

i enjoied the show and would do it again.

here ill post my video i took of my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MEWF...e=channel_page

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MEWFB_baL0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3MEWFB_baL0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Great video, but post pics any ways, I did not get everybody's car. Yeah the judges where just students, we could not get mechanics or pros. in a charity event, but just to let you know, you were a definite second place and in my eyes it was defiantly one of the coolest... by far. We were really glad to have you, hope to see you in the future.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

That is a sweet 'B, but I liked the old wheels better.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scinergy

The show was quite cool. I had a lot of fun and got to know a few people. I even walked away from the show with something... first sunburn of the year!
Old 03-24-2009, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

You peeling yet?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scinergy

Naw, not yet man... give it a couple weeks... I don't peel easy but my burn hits and stays, I never tan.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

take care of them james....lol
Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 PM
SL Member

[quote="swartzautoman"]your pics are much better then the ones i was going to post.

i thaught it was a great show.
i kinda agree (i said kinda) about the lack of knoledge on the judge part.
less then half way threw me talking about how i custom bent, cut, and polished me engine cover i saw how they didn't understand the work. when i started talking about camber and hub spacing............. 75% the group was alread staring at another car, so i stoped talking.

its hard to find good judges, i know this."

this is what i was sayin Kenan......just not it those words and maybe sum F-bombs here and there, lol
Old 03-25-2009, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by TylerC08

That directed towards me? If so, I will man.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Originally Posted by TylerC08

That directed towards me? If so, I will man.
Yeah, lol. Saw the pics on the last page with the wheels on
Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bspnkc
Kenan, I gota disagree wit u... Judges were all bekahs friends, conflict of intrest.

And u said it urself, they don't know jack poop about what goes into mods and how much time and money goes into them, why r they judging????, I couldn't start gettin technical wit the judges cause they wouldn't know what the *** I was talking bout,

....oh here is my ETD, better tracton and smoother shifting, oh and here is my front and rear sway bars.....

They jus looked at me like I was speakin in a different language.

And I'm not whining, I'm speakin my mind on this, if both clubs wana get along the judges need 2 be 3rd party who know Scions and know the time that goes into them, whom they do not have any affiliaton wit any of the sciko or scinergy members or their wifes, girlfriends etc.

THE END!!!
I wasn't there, but I take a little offense to the "wives/girlfriends" bit - how about husbands/boyfriends. There's a lot of female Scion owners that are hardcore enthuasists and participants in the Scion world. My boyfriend has threatened on numerous occasions to make a "Scion Widower" shirt on CafePress for all those guys left on the curb for the car.

Secondly, as pointed out, THIS WAS FOR CHARITY. Bringing Scion people together to support something a little bigger than themselves by doing what they love to do most - have FUN with their cars. The judges were representatives of Park U. and I'm sure although they were coworkers, they didn't go around going "Oh, a Scikotics car. Give'm the shaft. Oh, a Scinergy car. This person must be friends with my coworker. A+."

They put out some of the support for the event. They looked at the cars. They picked the ones they liked for aesthetic reasons. It's great that we all put so much work into our cars in the small details and under the hood, but for the average joe, they're looking for the straight up obvious "shiney" factor. I TOTALLY understand what you're saying; it happens all the time in dance contests, too. The crowd is allowed to judge and they'll pick the dancers with the least amount of polish or technique, but the most amount of back handsprings and aerials. But when I do a dance contest, I know there's a difference between "Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown" and "KUSS Charity Swing Contest for the Lawrence Humane Society!" I've almost lost to really bad dancers because the crowd liked sloppy aerials over complex and traditional footwork. At least in this case, we have participants who give their cars a lot of love and knowledge, so it's not all "back handsprings." There's a lot of "technique" there all around.

It's good to suggest that in the future to try to find at least one "official" judge, but maybe if this is something that's really going to bother you, perhaps you should stick to non-"just for fun" or non-"charity" events in the future if it's that overriding of an issue for you. Nothing against you, this is in your favor for the most part - but seems like maybe you're a little too serious for that type of stuff. It seems like most people had a good time, the donations made a splash, and some good was done. That's the most important part to me and is why I wanted to go, not to impress any sort of judges, but to have a good time and do something excellent. I'm just sad I didn't get to go.