Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default First Week In Maryland!

Hey Everyone!!
Thank you so much for meeting up with me before I left, especially on such short notice. My last few weeks in Denver, only two, were SO HECTIC. I was out to dinner and lunch every day trying to fit in the good-byes. Thanks again, it means an awful lot! I was able to get all my furniture sold, which meant I just had to trailer the "stuff" out here and not worry about storage on the destination side. FYI - gas in Missouri was only $3.39 and Diesel was UNDER $4 a gallon, if you paid cash. Uneventful drive - just the way you like it. The CR-V pulled a nice little 8X4" trailer and made it all the way here - only a 30 hour drive. Oh, and the cats survived, no meds given. Really good pets!

Well, it's been a great first week in MD and at the new job. I had a good boss before, but my new boss seems awesome, she's really looking after me to make sure I find a safe neighborhood to live in. I have two months of hotel living which gives me plenty of time to look.

The job is awesome. It's definitely going to be hard work, and a lot of it, but I am so ready for the new challenge.

Cons: Traffic & humidity. Both make the east coast unbearable compared with sunny, dry Colorado and the size of the cities out here make Denver look like a tiny village.
People are not as friendly as they are in CO - still adjusting to people not saying HI around the office. Oh and the cost of living - $1300 for a 1bedroom w/ den (964 sq ft) apartment. HOLY COW!
Friends and family are missing...

Pros: LOTS to do. My boss took me to dinner with a vendor on Wednesday night - on the water across from the Naval academy in Annapolis, across from the yacht club. WOW!
My coworkers that I've had email relationships with from CO to MD are all really great too, and the new ones are nice also.
I get to make new friends, and am living close to some I haven't seen in a LONG time, and to my best friend from CSU who is only 40 minutes away.

I hope that everyone is doing well! I miss you guys!

Think there's a CR-V club out here to help me meet some new people?? ;-)

Cheers,
R.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Glad you made it out there alright I was out there about a year ago it was beautiful but to humid for me. Ha ha coming from the Pacific islander I guess that's why I live in Colorado. Well keep intouch
Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey Robyn!
Glad you made it okay, and that everything is going well for you there!
Thanks for sharing the pictures, too!
Take care of you, and come back to see us sometimes, okay?
Old 09-15-2008, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

dude i look FANTASTIC in that picture! It makes me think of wilson from home improvment.

good to see you're in one piece robyn keep in touch!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:59 AM
SL Member
Scinergy

Glad to hear you made it, okay! Keep intouch and let us know all the great new things that happen.