Notices
Scion iQ Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Bad Tanabe under chassis brace

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs down Bad Tanabe under chassis brace

I just want to inform all the Fellow IQ owners who have purchased a Tanabe lower chassis brace that it has a defect in its construction. I'm pretty sure if you purchased one you are aware you can't change your oil with the brace on the vehicle.
Well, Tanabe is well aware of the situation and they have chosen to handle it very poorly! They continue to insist to me that there is nothing wrong with the brace I was sold, yet their company has spent the R&D money to re design the brace, and have even given one to their sponsored member of this very forum ( surfcitylocal Taz) yet to those of us who paid for a product we get a defective product and not so much as the respect to notify us that the product has been re designed.

I was finally told after months of contacting them that they would exchange my brace for the new design once it arrived to the US ( mind you this has been going on now for 4 months and I still don't have my corrected brace) here is the kicker, they told me I have to pay the return shipping which is nearly $80. I don't feel its real fair to pay return shipping on a part which wasn't built right in the first place, or to be told that it's not defective, when it in fact is!

At least one representative of Tanabe USA has been very helpful and has kept me posted on the progress of the situation, but sadly I can't say the same for the others, as they have been very disrespectful in their way of speaking to me.
Thank you Yuta for being a very polite and patient customer service representative for Tanabe USA, hopefully the others will follow in your path.

I have now ordered yet a second brace, so I can have a spare, and I'm still waiting for them to arrive in the US.

As a very disappointed customer to Tanabe USA I just want to share my experience with others, and if anyone else has had a similar experience with them, please post it here so they can see what their customers whom are loyal to them, are having to deal with.

Very disappointed, and frustrated,
Regards,
Daniel
Old 10-21-2013, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Angry How am I suppose to change my oil

Looking at this picture, how can Tanabe USA have the audacity to say that the brace is not a defective product!
Attached Thumbnails Bad Tanabe under chassis brace-image.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Better treatment for sponsored members than customers.

Here is a picture of the brace mounted on surfcitylocal Taz's IQ he has already been given the corrected brace months ahead of paying customers, who are being told there is nothing defective about the under chassis brace.
I'm human, and I make mistakes, just as did Tanabe With the design of this brace, but I own up to my mistakes, and I take corrective measures be them at my expense to maintain my reputation of high quality standards.
I've been a loyal customer to Tanabe, and have purchased products for my other vehicles. Being told that there is nothing wrong with a product that they have gone as far as to re designing is an insult to my intelligence!

I hope Tanabe will step up to the plate, and do the right thing, and recall the defective merchandise they have sold to customers. They should absorb the expense of shipping back defective products, and deliver to their customers the properly designed product they initially paid for .

Let see what happens,
Regards,
Daniel
Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New brace clearly is different from the brace sold to customers

Here is another picture, courtesy of surfcitylocal local Taz which clearly shows with the new design you can get an oil filter wrench on the housing to remove the canister, something that cannot be done with the brace I and other IQ owners purchased. If you look closely at the picture of my brace vs this brace, my brace has a part that is welded on near the canister filter location and branches off to another part of the brace, on the new model brace this part is not there. They have clearly re designed this brace, which is a direct admission of the fact that the first brace is not correctly designed.