Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Help with rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 06:00 PM

Default Help with rebuilt?

I was given a rebuilt Scion tC 2010 as a gift about two weeks ago. Here's an album full of images with some cosmetic errors I need help or advice on how to remove/replace/fix.

The pictures have their own descriptions, and just about all I can really explain myself. I'm not so keen with cars, but I'm in the process of learning.

This is my first car, so I'm trying to make it as nice as possible whilst taking care of it! It's my new baby with it's flaws and all.

If anyone can be so kind to guide me a little bit through this, all help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If this is your first car and you aren't very car savvy, body work is the last thing I would suggest learning first. It takes a lot of experience, tools and know how to fix something like that. Especially if the car is "rebuilt" as in it was in an accident.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM

I mostly just want to mod the car, and know that I'm modding a car that doesn't have TOO many cosmetic flaws. By modding I mean possibly a repaint, lowered suspension with new coilovers, brand new fog lamps on the lower bumper, a lip on the front, and a couple other things.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:56 PM
SL Member

Body work can be easy depending on the extent of it. If you plan on doing bodywork/ paintwork yourself i would do alot of research on it via youtube and different websites. To answer questions you had about your pictures:

1.) That is called the cowl panel
2.) That gap can be easily fixed by loosening the fender bolts under the hood and pushing the fender in or out.(i had to do this when fitting my carbon fiber hood).
3.) The space between the hood and the bumper is probably due to a cheap part(not toyota/scion branded). There is nothing you can do about this short of getting a new bumper painted which wont be worth it.
4.) The orange peel will not be able to be fixed without in depth body work inclouding wet sanding and painting(i wouldnt worry about it its on the front bumper)
5.) The part of the bumper that sticks out on the driver side is probably due to the cheap part again or to improper installation. I would see what happens when you push on it and if you think you can fix it look up how to take the bumper off.
6.) The smaller gap between the hood and the fender can be fixed the same way as the other gap.
7.) The engine bay looks clean, keep it that way. Look up how to keep engine bays clean and when you clean it make sure you wrap up and electronic parts in platic.
8.)Not sure what that tape is.
9.) The thing under the hood is probably a heat shield or thing under the hood haha. Look in a junk yard you could find one for cheap.

That pretty much covers it. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me ill help out. Also, when you get into your first set of mods let me know as i still have some parts from my old TC laying around that ill give you a good price on.

Welcome to SL!!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want to learn how to paint just get some scrap panels from the junkyard and practice, practice, PRACTICE! If its rebuilt I would assume the suspension should be in good order. Just make sure you change the fluids and she will run for a long time. Nice color BTW ;)