Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Lower OEM Grill knocked off...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Lower OEM Grill knocked off...

Geeze...

Just found out this morning that my lower grill got knocked off nad back into my bumper. Luckily no damage was done.

I think it may have happened Saturday morning whenever I was traveling home on I-80 in northern PA and I know I hit some truckers retread that was spewed everywhere... no where to go unfortunately.

I didn't really notice it Sunday either whenever I was at my parents house and only noticed it this morning because I was heading out to my car at work and I thought the lower grill looked funny.

Anyways, the grill itself is intact. I'm not sure how to pop it back in, or if whatever was holding it in has busted...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm going to try to look at it tonight and will try to get some pictures...

Thanks in advance....
Old 05-22-2006, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it clips on...you can do it without taking the bumper off....but It'll be easier to just take the bumper off and clip it back on. Look in the tech section and you can find more help.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I took it out to examine it and then placed it back in the area... pulled it forward (not too much force though) and nothing... it fell right out.

I hope I didn't bust the clips off the bumper itself...
Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

examine it carefully...make sure that all the clips align right. make sure they're all clipped in correctly. You can tell if they were to be busted.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've knocked mine out about 3 or 4 times. There's about 6 clips that are barely noticeable in the bumper, the easiest way to line it up and make sure you're getting the clips in is by getting it up on a jack, removing the plastic liner, and getting a flashlight up there to see where the clips are and if they're lining up.

You can pretty much push as hard as you want, the bumper will hold. You can also use one hand on the front of the bumper and one on the inside (or on the grill) to sandwich it together.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i took off my lower grill without taking my bumper off...all you have to do is pop out the upper grill and jsut reach your hand in and put the lower grille back in...takes about 5 min i would say