Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

New NEWS from JP Vizage LIp Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New NEWS from JP Vizage LIp Kit

i just got off the phone with the Guys from JP and they said the Vizage lip kit is in te states. they are about to be puuting on the kit on thier scion tC to make sure it fits correctly. PICs will be posted soon guys . ABOUT DAMN TIME
Old 01-04-2007, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

by the way for the people who preordered the kit get a percentige off the price
Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bout time like you said......that ONE picture has been floating around for what seems like yearssss. goodluck with the install! watching...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Watching...anxiously...
Old 01-09-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

Default JP Vizage lip kit

Really? Here is the ACTUAL letter from JP USA to their dealers. If you count production time and the 6+ weeks it takes to get a container here, you are talking APRIL DELIVERY, in my opinion. Also assuming a test fit with no problems!

===========

To our dealers,

JP USA is expecting a shipment of the first production piece of the JP Scion TC kit this week. The test fitment will be conducted during the middle of January 2007 and following our findings the initial batch will be put in to production in our manufacturing facility and will be shipped to us via our next polyurethane container ASAP. We would like to thank you for your patience with this matter.

Regards,
Rick Nguyen

Sales/Marketing Director
JP USA Co, LTD
Old 01-09-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, that sucks, thought it was to be pretty soon.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by DTRUONG_112
wow, that sucks, thought it was to be pretty soon.
Like the letter states and has been said many times on this very forum...the first production kit is arriving this week and will be test fitted since they cannot test fit it at the manufacturing facility since the TC is not available in other countries
Old 01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

"mid January 2007" is next week, not this week.

I would love to see where, on this forum (many times?) it says the kit will be test fitted in mid January, then manufactured, then shipped by container, not to arrive any sooner than March.

Please copy into a reply post.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by tc4fun4me
"mid January 2007" is next week, not this week.

I would love to see where, on this forum (many times?) it says the kit will be test fitted in mid January, then manufactured, then shipped by container, not to arrive any sooner than March.

Please copy into a reply post.
Nit picking for words I see. Based on just using basic reading comprehension one can see that it is going to be a test kit that arrives first and those that placed pre-orders are anxiously waiting to see the outcome. Also, the posts do point in the direction that the kit is coming January (now).

Originally Posted by PlayinWithFire
here's the deal guys:

im sponsored by them and basically they are going through the final test fit steps and fine tuning the kit to make sure it is perfect. JP should have a kit in about a week or so and they will test fit it on their car and take more pictures (i will post em up). The ETA has been extended a little longer, but you guys are definitely getting what you are paying for.

PM me if u have any questions.
Originally Posted by Ambition760
I was informed that the test kit should be arriving at JP USA today in Ontario, CA. Rick told me he was going to get some pics of just the kit itself up before they test fitted it onto a tC. We will see by the end of the day if we see real pics of this kits and not that photoshopped thing anymore.....let's hope for this delay to be put to an end..
Originally Posted by takeitTC
I called Rick today and he informed me that the container that has the first production TC kit has arrived in the states and that the shipment will clear customs and be delivered to them by Monday or Tuesday of next week. He said he will take a couple of snapshots with the kit alone and try to get their sponsored TC in their facility to take some pics of it on the car. He did mention however that those that pre-ordered and that have been patient are lucky since they are paying the $799 price minus the 10% they gave to show appreciation because the new prices for 2007 is $858 for the full kit.

I bought this kit because it is clean and very subtle. For $799 you cannot beat it considering this is high quality polyurethane. Keep in mind that JP Japan who manufactures these kits for JP USA have OEM contracts with Toyota so their quality is superior to other body kit companies you are comparing them to. I just checked out their updated website and they mentioned that they have ISO 19001 certification which is a VERY BIG DEAL, meaning they are up to par with car manufacturer standards. Like mentioned before, the prep work needed to get the kit painted and installed will be minimal compared to fiberglass or other lower quality polyurethane. The likely hood of having to ever replace parts on this kit is slim to none unless you run in to a brick wall or have a major fender bender.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

"nit picking", "basic reading comprehension" -- hmmm. Based on your carefully selected quotes, I guess I might agree with you. I ain't here to pick a fight, just to share info and see what the real story might be.

Keep in mind that I have paid (Sept. 2006) and am waiting for this product. I believe it will eventually arrive and I believe it will be a high quality product. I'm excited to get one and I think they will look great on our cars.

I think as customers, we are entitled to a high level of integrity from the manufacturers, especially when our money, in the form of pre-orders, is used (even indirectly) to develop new products.

So, here's the "Short History of the Vizage Lip Kit" -- my hand-chosen quotes:

Racing Solution, Aug. 29, 2006:

Product will be released in October. Only a very limited number of these kits are coming to the US in October!. Pre-order yours so we can reserve your kit!!

Racing Solution, Oct. 29, 2006:

2 weeks until they get here

Racing Solution, Nov. 13, 2006:

Spoke to JP Vizage today and they said 2-3 weeks for the first shipment to arrive.

PlayinwithFire, Dec. 11, 2006:

im sponsored by them and basically they are going through the final test fit steps and fine tuning the kit to make sure it is perfect. JP should have a kit in about a week or so and they will test fit it on their car and take more pictures

PlayinwithFire, Dec. 19, 2006:

the kit is currently clearing customs and should be arriving within a week or so.

Ambition760, Jan. 2, 2007:

I was informed that the test kit should be arriving at JP USA today in Ontario, CA.

TakeitTC, Jan. 4, 2007:

I called Rick today and he informed me that the container that has the first production TC kit has arrived in the states and that the shipment will clear customs and be delivered to them by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

-- TakeitTC, I hope you're right and it's as close as you think. I say, let's get this kit on our cars so we can go back to racing....