Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Parking/accent lights or front side marker lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member

Default Parking/accent lights or front side marker lights

Sup guys,

A little bit confuse. I know that you guys don't like noobs asking the same thing and not searching. I search and search, and still can't find the answer that I'm looking for. Not to mention the search here in scionlife.com need to be work on, every else works except the search. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ******* this site, if it's not because of scionlife.com I wouldn't know much about my new 06 TC.

Now that's clear out of the way. Few questions for you guys and hopefully you guys could guide me to the solution.

That little light bulb or LED in and next to the low bean area, is that call Paking/Accent lights or is it front side marker lights? I know where to buy it and what bulb number it is. What I don't know is how to take it out. I look under the hood and can't seem to figure out how to pull that d@mn thing out. Please help if you can or guide me to the correct link. thanks guys
Old 07-08-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That would be either the Parking/Accent Light... or on other cars they're called City Lights. The side marker is the amber plastic piece on the outside of the light.

I'm sure someone can post and tell what size the bulb is, but it should be just a little piece right under the hood. I actually haven't looked at mine in detail, so I don't know how to describe it, but it should be simple to take out/replace.

As for the search. It's recommended to use the Search button (not the box) and when you type in your terms, check the option that says "Search for all terms" ... you'll get way better results that way.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member

Cool. thanks. Yea, you have no idea how much I serch per what you just stated. The web master need to work more on the serch section. Everytime I click back, I have to research the keyword again because it errors out. No, it's not my computer. It does the same thing on all four of my computer at home and at work. Thanks for letting me know about the parking/accent light. The size of the bulb is something I know where to find because of scionlife.com. I just can't figure out how to get it out.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

eh, well, that's just the way the search page is set up. It's not meant to just go back though it could. A similar example would be... like filling out a form and then clicking submit.. then going back in your browser and expecting everything to magically be there. If it's more "passive" then probably...
eh, nevermind. i suck at explaining crap. Let's just say, after you get to the results page, just right click and open the link in a new window. That's fairly easy.

Anyway, let's see.. i'd have to go look at my busted headlight. But i think there is the inside orange bulb on the inside, a small accent bulb that shines into the low beam at an angle, the high/low beams, and then the amber side marker with a bulb of unknown color (probably white). i think.. i'll have to check when i get home. If you're talking about taking out the little inside orange bulb, then it pulls out from the inside... like towards the middle of the car. Not sure how accessible it is when the whole projector is in the car.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member

LOL,

The orange bulb is an easy one. I'm waiting for a silver bulb to arrive soon so I could switch it out. It produce orange color when I signal but when it not signal, it's just a silver coating. If I was to ask how to replace that, I hope you guys just ignore me. LOL
Old 07-08-2005, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1st remove the headligth bulb, then you can just reach under and feel the socket the 194 bulb sits in. It will rotate 90 degrees and pull right out.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:25 AM
5 Year Member

Thank you sir! That's what I needed to know.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did mine w/ out taking out the headlight bulb
Old 07-09-2005, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member

Well,,, take it out or not. I look under the hood and it look simple enough.

I started to mess with the license plate lights and came into a problem. Found the look of it, it look like I could just pull it out. But didn't see anything that was holding it back so I figure that's wasn't the solution.
Anyone know how or change it yet? I want to put hyper white LED. Thanks guys!