Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rust on wheel well!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member

Thumbs down Rust on wheel well!!!!!

Does anyone have any experience with getting rust repaired under warranty?

What do you guys think about my possibilities of repair are? I had to reschedule my appointment with the car dealer, because they need to make decision from upper management. The car is within warranty period (5 year, unlimited miles) and frankly I'm surprised and ____ed at the same time how quickly this car rusted with the amount of wash I go through.

Here is what the warranty says: "This warranty covers repair or replacement of any original body panel that develops perforation from corrosion [rust-through]." Keywords: Scion rust, rust on scion, scion wheel well rust, scion, rust,
Attached Thumbnails Rust on wheel well!!!!!-rust-3.jpg   Rust on wheel well!!!!!-rust-4.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Upper management ... that may work to your advantage, but this might also be a way of stalling.

I'd go in on during business hours & ask for the service manager; if they ask why just say it's about the last service that you had there. The service manager should be able to make this decision. This kind of repair should be easy for them.

The only reason not to cover rust would be previous body damage/repair or high mileage. Either one of those are pretty obvious to spot. If they're shrugging you off, I'd try a letter/email/phone call to corporate. You might be surprised what happens when you speak up.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member

I made an appointment with the service manager, but he is on " vacation " till next week.

I have no prior body damage or repairs done on the body. The milege should not reflect anything because it is warranted for unlimited miles.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The rust warranty usually only covers rust-through, as in holes resulting from rust. I have no idea what they'll do with surface rust, keep us posted though. BTW, what state are you from? I'd like to know if this is the result of living in a snowy state, driving over salted roads.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member

I live in central Ohio where snow is not too bad. Couldn't that also be interpreted as rust through the paint? as in if i can see rust through the paint it "rust through"? I'll definitely keep this updated as I have a appt. with service manager on the 13th.