Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Stainless Steel Brake Lines...Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the big brake kit, looks good! And so does the price.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wlfpck
"drilled" rotors are actually cast with the holes in them. That way the structural integrity is preserved. The holes are mainly for lightening the overall weight of the rotors.

I have ebc rotors on now.
Some "drilled" rotors are actually cast, but Most of the drilled rotors you see on eBay or most non-name brand rotors are just plain/blank rotors that are drilled into, which weakens the overall rotor.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jackieee_tC
Some "drilled" rotors are actually cast, but Most of the drilled rotors you see on eBay or most non-name brand rotors are just plain/blank rotors that are drilled into, which weakens the overall rotor.
Honesty this is probably what happens to most "budget" rotors, It definitely is easier to have molds set for just blank rotors and cast strictly blank ones, then run them under those mass producing milling machines and drill out the holes it needs.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jackieee_tC
Thanks. I used some "Power Stop Evolution" ceramic pads that a few friends and family members recommend. They work great cold and resist fade pretty well under continuous braking, as well as low brake dust. Like I said in my previous post, I had these pads with the EBC rotors for over 60k miles, and I provided a picture to show you how much pad material is still left on the pads (right/smaller pad in the picture). As for the lines, name brand or not. They perform the same task, I bought the cheapest ones I could find on eBay. After 5+ years and over 75k miles, and I'm still reusing them on my BBK to this day. Also check on eBay for cheaper prices on Stop Tech SS lines.

link for SS brake lines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-St...868335&vxp=mtr

link for pads: http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com...amic-Brake-Pad

Any idea if the pads will also improve with factory equipment on the rest of the brake system?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by c1cknh4n
Any idea if the pads will also improve with factory equipment on the rest of the brake system?
Yeah, I believe the pads would be a bit better than the factory pads. But I recommend that you should at least machine (or get new ones) your old rotors before you swap in any new pads, then do the "bed-in" procedure.