Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

another clicking clutch,and mystery rubber boot?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:16 AM

Default another clicking clutch,and mystery rubber boot?

hoping someone can shed some light on this,as it's been driving me nuts since yesterday! I've been having a somewhat squeaky clutch on and off,assuming it may be weather related,but for good measure I sprayed some lithium grease on the fork under the dash,along with any other moving part I could find under there.well it worked for a while until a small rubber boot fell on the floor as I was driving along and now it's making a clicking noise when I depress the clutch -_-.I've isolated the sound to where the fork meets the pedal..what I've been trying to figure out is if this rubber piece is related to it.it's about the size of my pointer finger and kind of tapers towards the top,it's also only a half.first of thought it was part of something but it doesn't look cut or worn,almost like a half boot that slides over something? I've searched and searched and search to no avail,so I thought I'd finally ask for some input...going to the dealer to get my oil changed(I know I know!!.I live in an apartment and don't know people down here with garages).I'm very hesitant to ask them anything other then to identify the part...thanks in advance!

Last edited by tc919; 05-31-2014 at 10:24 AM. Reason: not finished
Old 06-02-2014, 02:03 AM

im actually going through the same squeaky issue. When I replaced my brakes, I told my mechanic about it and he was very certain that it just needed lubrication so he lubed it and it started again a few days later. You can actually feel the creaking noise when you press the clutch in. It doesn't affect my driving though just hella annoying to listen to. would be great if we found a fix!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:35 AM

I went to the parts department at the dealer to confirm the rubber boot was't anything critical,or related to the clutch.I couldn't imagine it was but just for good measure I checked,and it was not.everyone there suspected it was just for some wiring up there.so I guess I'll have to continue to solve that once I find where it goes.as far as the clicking goes,I took care of that.replaced the bushing where the fork meets the pedal and lubed the hell out of it.click and squeak went away but this morning the squeak came back this morning,just slightly,but it's still annoying like you said.it's not consistent and seems to get worse in humid weather,which NC has no shortage of.it COULD be the bushings at the top of the pedal,unfortunately that not as easy to replace as the one I did..guess I'll live with it for now.