Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

To Anyone who has done Auto to Manual * Help..

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump need help. can i just bypass the relay and run wires from say the ignition, to the clutch pedal?
Old 11-05-2010, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM thendawg or he will chime in soon.

SOMEONE HELP THIS MAN!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know this is the ONLY thing keeping me from getting all my manual swap pieces. and i was messaging him for specifics and he stopped answering my pm's. im so excited im pooping everywhere
i want this swap down before turkey dayyy
Old 11-05-2010, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry been busy at work - basically you need to bypass the ign 2 relay, thats the easiest way if you just want it to always start (not have to push in clutch or even hook up clutch switch)
Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heres a diagram...
Attached Thumbnails To Anyone who has done Auto to Manual * Help..-bypassclutchswitch.jpg  
Old 11-05-2010, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplylibet
i know this is the ONLY thing keeping me from getting all my manual swap pieces. and i was messaging him for specifics and he stopped answering my pm's. im so excited im pooping everywhere
i want this swap down before turkey dayyy
Nice! I just found a tC with everything on it so i will be getting 95% of everything i need super excited. Now just have to save up some more cash to buy a Upgraded Clutch,fly wheel,Dezod Brake lines and Dezod Clutch line. Take some videos/picture after your done.

I want to get mine done before christmas if not before feb.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I shouldve taken pictures while I was working on mine, but i was just too busy - and didnt have anyone with me to take pictures while I worked. Also, putting that damn clutch pedal in is one thing I NEVER want to do again lol.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why it was really hard to put in the pedal? or just the right height and length was a PITA?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are these relays in the engine bay fusebox?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yessir - the only relay youre considered with is the Starter relay - dont know why I was thinking about the 2nd ign - i think I tapped into it for something else non-related - oh yeah - my fan setup lol
Old 11-06-2010, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yesssssss =] i love you <3 haha
so in theory could i just extend both wire up to the clutch?
so i could keep the clutch switch in use?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 AM
5 Year Member

Question Scion tC A/C Problem..

First of all I want to apologize for bringing a different topic into the conversation but I'm a newbie and I don't know where to post this question... according to my local dealer the "A/C Amplifier Unit" on my 06 Scion tC went bad. I have been doing some research and even called their parts department to ask for that part but they told me that this car doesn't have an A/C Amplifier Unit or anything similar. So I called the service department telling them what i found out but they told me that i wont find it by such name but basically what it does is turn the ac on. Now i thought that this was controlled by the ECU and not some random computer which i cant seem to find anywhere. So am wondering if this part really does exist or they made a mistake. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

______

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-27-2020 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Awarded 5 Yr Badge
Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by arturoest
First of all I want to apologize for bringing a different topic into the conversation but I'm a newbie and I don't know where to post this question... according to my local dealer the "A/C Amplifier Unit" on my 06 Scion tC went bad. I have been doing some research and even called their parts department to ask for that part but they told me that this car doesn't have an AC Amplifier Unit or anything similar. So I called the service department telling them what i found out but they told me that i wont find it by such name but basically what it does is turn the ac on. Now i thought that this was controlled by the ECU and not some random computer which i cant seem to find anywhere. So am wondering if this part really does exist or they made a mistake. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Your blower motor's prolly shot. common problem with tC's happened to me never fixed it lol you can take it out and test it on your car battery passenger side foot well remove that little panel there's three screws holding it in unplug it and test to see if its working.
It could be a lot of things though. but short answer to your question, no there isn't a separate "computer" that tells the A/C to turn off or on.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-27-2020 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Simplylibet
your blower motor's prolly shot. common problem with tc's happened to me never fixed it lol you can take it out and test it on your car battery passenger side footwell remove that little panel there's three screws holding it in unplug it and test to see if its working. it could be alot of things though. but short answer to your question, no there isn't a separate "computer" that tells the a/c to turn off or on.
Thanks for the input. I dont think it's the blower cause there is air coming out of the vents but not cold air. So i took it to the "stealership" as you guys been calling it lol and told me that the compressor wasnt turning on so they tested out separately and said everything was fine except that the "computer" wasnt sending the signal to the compressor so what i'm thinking i should do is replace the ECU