Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Bent rod/Update motor is shot!!!!!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/bent-rod-update-motor-shot-52890/)

unvdistc 03-21-2006 06:47 PM

Bent rod/Update motor is shot!!!!!!

I have a bent rod!!!!!! any after market ones out there????

ScionBandit 03-21-2006 06:50 PM

wtf?
howd u manage to do that

unvdistc 03-21-2006 06:52 PM

let my brother drive the car and he decided to drive it through some water.......lots of it..... Dallas this weekend was a nightmare..... intake probably sucked in some water....... i'm on my way to dallas to figure it out!

unvdistc 03-21-2006 06:53 PM

i'll be pulling the engine and going ahead and doing the p&p head , pistons while I have it apart

ScionBandit 03-21-2006 06:57 PM

put ur foot in ur bros a**
i saw footage of the rain you guys got, DAMN

sorry to hear, but at least your gettin the other work done while its apart

unvdistc 03-21-2006 06:58 PM

well gotta head out!!!! I will check back tonight to see if anyone has any ideas....... I will let all you know what not to do when I post again tomorrow! :)

Stu_Gotti 03-21-2006 07:21 PM

:shock: Wow..

ricktoyota73 03-21-2006 07:28 PM

Re: Bent rod

Originally Posted by unvdistc
I have a bent rod!!!!!! any after market ones out there????

Bent rod...isn't that a little personal? :rofl:

Anyhow, hydrolock sucks! Check EVERYTHING for other possible damage when you're in there. Make sure none of the other rods have cracks, especially if you find water in those cylinders.
I don't remember where, but I think I have seen billet connecting rods out there for the 2AZ.
Good luck, man.

senseiturtle 03-21-2006 07:34 PM

So do we have the first case of hydrolock in a tC ?

scholarbb 03-21-2006 07:42 PM

Sounds like it. Probably would'nt have happened with owner driving. Apparently CAI's and BROs don't mix.

ricktoyota73 03-21-2006 07:45 PM

Sounds like it, but any car can do it if you drive through deep enough water....especially if you have a cold air intake on it.
We had a Tundra 4X4 that had obviously been offroading with the factory air box on it come in with hydrolock. He must have gone through a pond or something.

ScionBandit 03-21-2006 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by ricktoyota73
Sounds like it, but any car can do it if you drive through deep enough water....especially if you have a cold air intake on it.
We had a Tundra 4X4 that had obviously been offroading with the factory air box on it come in with hydrolock. He must have gone through a pond or something.

yea, i had one of those, Tacoma...his new paint job was called Mudd
soooo bad, honestly could not find a single spot of paint or find the motor
was covered everywhere.....

WeDriveScions 03-21-2006 11:04 PM

Also Running a 75 shot of N2O as well, if I can recall?

That could of done some damage as well....

jct 03-21-2006 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by ScionBandit

haha mudd color thats great whats the paint code for that color??? :ponder: :silly:

hPower 03-22-2006 01:48 AM

mudd = 132144 8)

zer0 03-22-2006 04:45 AM

car-part.com is your friend.

$750 for a running motor is not bad.

kcautotc 03-22-2006 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by hornet_on_the_flower

haha mudd color thats great whats the paint code for that color??? :ponder: :silly:

do these cars get warrantied work done?

The_Sciontist 03-22-2006 05:23 AM

hmmm....so it IS POSSIBLE to hydrolock a tc!!!! hate to say this, but... I WAS RITE!!!!!!!!!!

dp-_- 03-22-2006 06:02 AM

No you weren't. No one said it was impossible, they said it was improbable :P

ScionBandit 03-22-2006 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by kcautotc

Originally Posted by hornet_on_the_flower

do these cars get warrantied work done?

well, he TRIED...and we looked at the car for him, but it came down to the fact there was NO WAY we could have gotten anything covered for him, since he decided to take his truck swamping

neways, you get the motor looked at??