Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/)
-   -   Bent rod/Update motor is shot!!!!!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-drivetrain-power-1637/bent-rod-update-motor-shot-52890/)

The_Sciontist 03-24-2006 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by scholarbb

Originally Posted by The_Sciontist
again: the TC 'CAN' hydrolock. SOOOOOO MANY people flamed me and tried to say that the "filter head is totally enclosed in a compartment so that no water can get in..." NO offense, but...MORONS!! i WAS rite.. i was rite.. i was rite!!!

Damn! I hate tuner haters!!!

Why don't you go bug someone else? The last thing unvdistc probably wants to hear right now is "I told you so." As far as the car getting F'd up the guy driving it was probably clueless about the risk. A little caution when using a CAI should negate the risk.

yeah i'm a "Tuner Hater"...(wtF is tuner hater!! :rofl: ) www.fuzionauto.com --I shot the vid. We're goin 8s this year.

Are you a steer or a queer?

PS. I hate uninformed, ignorant computer kids who go out and buy tc's so they can sit on their computer all day and try to talk like they know what they're talking about on SL

senseiturtle 03-24-2006 02:58 PM

I've been a long-time hater of CAI's due to a hydrolock experience, but I think I'll be purchasing an injen soon.

I'll probably be modifying the CAI before installation in order to add a little more protection against the rain... maybe a plug or something that I can remove (to make a big hole in the "straw" during the rain). I'm sure if I do anything neat, i'll post about it.

senseiturtle 03-24-2006 03:00 PM

I DARE YOU TO DISRESPECT ME LIKE THAT TO MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'D SLAP YOU AROUND LIKE THE B!TCH YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F'n LOSER :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Sorry if I cause your thread to be locked unvdistc. I'm not about to take sh!t off this punk.

Threatening people over the internet will get you nowhere.

ScionBandit 03-24-2006 03:05 PM

arguing over the interent is like winning the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

and good luck with your motor build!

DouBLeJ16 03-24-2006 03:06 PM

Re: Bent rod/Update motor is shot!!!!!!

Originally Posted by unvdistc
I have a bent rod!!!!!! any after market ones out there????

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

scholarbb 03-24-2006 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by ScionBandit
arguing over the interent is like winning the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded.

True. But that kind of disrespect is totally out of line.

ScionBandit 03-24-2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by ScionBandit

True. But that kind of disrespect is totally out of line.

:|

zer0 03-24-2006 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16

Does anyone know the answer to this question?

RODS MADE BY CARRILLO
CZ-RC2AZFE-SA RACE SUPER-A ROD:TOYOTA 2AZFE $179.75 EA IN STOCK
http://raceeng.com/images/IMP/CARROD.JPG
Turbo customs also carries pistons and Golden Eagle does too.
Munch just mentioned this in the ZPI short block thread..

dugzilla 03-24-2006 03:14 PM

It is really hard to hydrolock a car with a CAI, it can be done. With a little commen sense it won't happen. I know a lot of people in the NW that have them( I have the SR) and have not had a problem. It rains all the time up here. Unless you are driving through a huge, deep puddle you won't have a problem.

scholarbb 03-24-2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by senseiturtle
I've been a long-time hater of CAI's due to a hydrolock experience, but I think I'll be purchasing an injen soon.

I'll probably be modifying the CAI before installation in order to add a little more protection against the rain... maybe a plug or something that I can remove (to make a big hole in the "straw" during the rain). I'm sure if I do anything neat, i'll post about it.

If flooding is common in your area the MMW might be a better option. Your baby though-you know best.

WeDriveScions 03-24-2006 03:33 PM

Easy.... 2 foot puddle. NO.

It's all about common sense....

TC101 03-24-2006 03:45 PM

LET THIS BE A LESSON, DONT LET PEOPLE BORROW UR CAR...THATS LIKE LETTIN SOMEONE BORROW UR SON, DAUGHTER, OR DOG!!!

EXPERIENCE 03-24-2006 03:58 PM

my Xb did the water trick here in Dallas, Sucked up a ton of water. replaced plugs, wires. oil. and MAF sensor. It's running great now.
Moral is: these POS XB's are not worthy to drive in the rain.

zer0 03-24-2006 04:17 PM

https://www.scionlife.com/gallery/personal/15590_3.jpg

I dont think his bodykit helped either. Seems the filter sees a lot of exposure. :eyebrow:

scholarbb 03-24-2006 05:01 PM

No poop! I wonder if pulling the plastic plate off mine is a bad idea after all...
Ba a shame to let that $30 injen condom(hydroshield) go to waste tho.
:ponder:

The_Sciontist 03-24-2006 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
Easy.... 2 foot puddle. NO.

It's all about common sense....

I've lived in/outside philly almost my whole life (save for a 1 year stint in b more) and i don't think i've EVER seen a 2 FOOT puddle!

24 inches of standing water is a lot of water!! I mean, unless its a BIG pot hole (which we have plenty of) filled with water-so that u really can't tell its there (hate that!)...but even still, a 2FT. deep hole, would have to be at least 2-3 ft wide...

Me thinks your overexaggerating the conditions needed to suck water into a CAI filter. Picture after a rain, the water buildup on the corners of intersections..when driving through these 6-12 inch puddles, enough water could splash up into your undercarriage and into the filter to do the trick..

ANyway, i'm not going to talk argue about this anymore..I said it could happen, everyone said it wouldn't...AND IT DID!! Make all the excuses/justifications you want..in the end..for the person with the hydrolocked engine...the $200 and extra 5 HP probably wasn't worth it

PS. Good driving can counteract extra 5 HP any day...

engifineer 03-24-2006 07:26 PM

^^ Again, like a child, you are ignoring what everyone ACTUALLY said.. that it COULD happen.. but is not highly probable.. which is still isnt. And I saw TONS of 2 foot puddles in my home town.. huge dips.. overly resurfaced roads with huge dips before driveways.. etc. My dad has had a number of people with STOCK AIRBOXES come in hydrolocked.. so it can happen to any car. And splashing up onto the cai will not do it 99.9999% of the time. Have you read the actual test on the bypass valve? they had to completely submerge the filter to even get water to suck that high up the intake on an NSX running high rpm. I have also watched people place a vacuum line in warm water to clear carbon deposits.. so a drop or two isnt going to do it. Can it happen? Of course.. no one ever said it would.. and many even mentioned taking care in areas with heavy rain when using one. But again.. you fail to face the fact that no one ever said it is impossible.. but if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to think so and to think you proved some little point.. then go ahead believing that :rofl:

Scion-ce 03-24-2006 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by The_Sciontist
but even still, a 2FT. deep hole, would have to be at least 2-3 ft wide...

you're right, look at your mom

dp-_- 03-24-2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by engifineer
^^ Again, like a child, you are ignoring what everyone ACTUALLY said.. that it COULD happen.. but is not highly probable.. which is still isnt. And I saw TONS of 2 foot puddles in my home town.. huge dips.. overly resurfaced roads with huge dips before driveways.. etc. My dad has had a number of people with STOCK AIRBOXES come in hydrolocked.. so it can happen to any car. And splashing up onto the cai will not do it 99.9999% of the time. Have you read the actual test on the bypass valve? they had to completely submerge the filter to even get water to suck that high up the intake on an NSX running high rpm. I have also watched people place a vacuum line in warm water to clear carbon deposits.. so a drop or two isnt going to do it. Can it happen? Of course.. no one ever said it would.. and many even mentioned taking care in areas with heavy rain when using one. But again.. you fail to face the fact that no one ever said it is impossible.. but if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy to think so and to think you proved some little point.. then go ahead believing that :rofl:

He's a Sciontist, not scientist. It apparently is rocket science :doh:

zer0 03-24-2006 11:22 PM

Ok this is just getting stupid. Any car can hydrolock in the right amount of water/mud. CAI or not...

The original question was answerd already, and this topic is going nowhere fast...

RODS MADE BY CARRILLO
CZ-RC2AZFE-SA RACE SUPER-A ROD:TOYOTA 2AZFE $179.75 EA IN STOCK
http://raceeng.com/images/IMP/CARROD.JPG
Turbo customs also carries pistons and Golden Eagle does too.
Munch just mentioned this in the ZPI short block thread..