Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Cant Engage Gears in 5speed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.. Toyota left out the part of the Magnussen/Moss Act that states "if" ...if said non-OEM part directly results in a failure. If they want your business, they should be more than willing to charge you the labor etc. to install any clutch you give them. Or maybe they truly don't give a crap if they lose your business and their reputability?

Clutches are considered wear items, so you'll have a hard time proving that poor driving habits didn't wear it out.

$1400 is a bit high, but the dealers are known for raping, I mean reaping customers that want dealer-only services.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

well here is the final word on this.

I ended up paying $1185.00 for a toyota clutch, master cyl. casing etc. I am not sure if I will keep the car or not, I DID get the old clutch from toyota to persue other actions. The best that scion customer care would do is offer me half back on all the hardware that was installed so...... roughly I will get back $350-450 on the repair bringing it down to say around $800 when its all said and done. I ended up not going with an aftermarket clutch right now because the cheapest I could find installed {of quality} was at the shop I have used in the past and we were knocking on $1600 plus towing to the shop $100 plus the tow to toyota the first night $85 plus the $100 diagnostic at toyota, and with being between jobs I didnt have an extra $800 to toss down on it. I cant lie, I do love my car and I have enjoyed the last 24 hours having her home. We are going for a long ride today but I think unless my heart is swayed back I am going to be parting her out somewhere mid next summer.

P.S.

I got her back. made it two .. yes two blocks and she died. Seems the 02 sensor had been worn thru by my "after market exhaust" and since the techs at toyota saw it but didnt report it they replaced it for free.... that is ofcourse after my $1185.00 check and them getting to see me push the car BACK into the bay rite before they closed for the night..

I am putting toyota up for the special olympics prize.... I see a gold medal future

Is there anyone out there that can speak to the nature of scions hard parts and holding up over long term use and modification??