Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Car Wrecked From Behind - Now Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 06:57 PM

Default Car Wrecked From Behind - Now Won't Start

The other day, i was merging on to my local interstate when my car suddenly and without any reason I can conceive, started spinning out to the left. I overcorrected and it began spinning to the right. I lost control of the vehicle, it spun three or four times, then the rear of my car slammed into the concrete wall, spun a couple more times, then came to a stop on the shoulder on the opposite side of the interstate. The car started back up one time, I tried to move forward but the rear axle was jammed, and the car stalled out. I tried to start it again, but nothing happened. It wouldn't crank or turn over. I heard that there could be a fuel shutoff switch to prevent the fuel from leaking and potentially starting a fire when the rear of the car is damaged, but I've also heard that Scions do not have this switch. Can anyone please tell me if there is in fact a fuel shutoff switch and if so, where is it? If there is no such thing on the tC, then why would damage to the rear of the vehicle prevent it from starting? Sorry if this has already been asked, but I tried searching for an answer on both Google and within this forum to no avail. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.