Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Clutch Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clutch Issues

Everything has been running fine until I get in the car to head home from a run and it was a little tough getting it into 1 gear, didnt think much until I tried to get into 2nd and it was more difficult. I was able get the car back to my house only having to shift a couple more times thankfully. Like a lot of other threads I read up on, when the car is off I can put it in any gear. I can put it in 1st gear, clutch in and start it, but wants to move forward. Start the car in neutral, I cant go into any gear. If I start it in gear it's very hard to get it out of gear. So I figured I would bleed the system to see if it's something in the slave or master. Bleed it from the slave cylinder and it goes back to normal. Test drive it around the block and worked fine. An hour later I run down to autozone, about 10 mile round trip and everything works great.

The next morning I go to drive and its back to not working same symptoms. Cool, it's got to be a bad master cylinder or slave cylinder since bleeding it fixed it. I buy and install oem slave and master. Bench bleed the master, gravity bleed the system and then tried pressure bleeding it while someone depressed the clutch. Still the same issues. Clutch seems to have pressure and the slave is extending and doing its job. At one point after I installed the master cylinder and slave when I was bleeding it the pedal went straight to the floor and no pressure so i took out the master and bench bleed it which got the pressure back. I've bleed the system over and over and still the same results. I can not figure out why it's not working. Could it be I have a bunk new master cylinder, or do I need to start looking into the clutch? One thing I havent tried doing is adjusting the rod on the master. I looked at the old one before taking it off and put the adjustment on the new one in the similar place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.