Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Exhaust Combo Is Ridiculously Loud!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 01:27 PM

Default Exhaust Combo Is Ridiculously Loud!!!!

Ok...here are the details. 05' tC N/A, HPS short ram intake, DC ceramic headers, Invidia S pipe, Stainless mid pipes, DC axle back exhaust, Weapon R CEL eliminator, and Torque Solutions mount kit. Everything is installed correctly (I am an automotive tech) just an FYI but I knew it would be loud and have the atypical associated noise issues but I mean SERIOUSLY!!! Any idea out there, I am not sure if anyone else has this particular setup but was just curious if it's just the choice of components I chose, they are not the most expensive but not the cheapest either so I figured it was quality stuff that might not be prone to such "RICER" type issues. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

*** Yes I have searched old threads but none contain my specifics, just wanted some real time insight and feed back as well. ***
Old 09-10-2014, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So what's the issue? Loudness or Riceness?

Loudness - Deal with it and embrace it.

Riceness - That's an N/A 4 cylinder for you.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by criminaltc
So what's the issue? Loudness or Riceness?

Loudness - Deal with it and embrace it.

Riceness - That's an N/A 4 cylinder for you.
Awesome, that was totally the answer I was looking for! Anyone else care to input/shed some semi-technical info regarding the excessive noise level, raspiness, or any solutions to quiet things down. I am going to be installing a S/C (I have heard it all regarding S/C vs. turbo) and a few other mods (pulley's) shortly and was wondering if this might effect the noise level either way...good or bad. Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're getting the technical answer bud. You have aftermarket'd every exhaust component. With these cars, as you upgrade exhaust components, the level of rasp and tone heightens exponentially. The pFlows on these heads causes a very large amount of noise when modified. There's nothing to quiet it down, and you're supercharger isn't going to make a difference. I'm not sure what you are looking for. I've given you all the information you need. My first post was surely enough, and everything you need to know. You should have taken it as-is because anyone will tell you the same thing. Rasp on these things are at an all-time high, and they get loud quick. I'm trying to keep it cool here Punisher, so no more tough guy please because you don't know what you are talking about.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 PM

You're getting the technical answer bud. You have aftermarket'd every exhaust component. With these cars, as you upgrade exhaust components, the level of rasp and tone heightens exponentially. The pFlows on these heads causes a very large amount of noise when modified. There's nothing to quiet it down, and you're supercharger isn't going to make a difference. I'm not sure what you are looking for. I've given you all the information you need. My first post was surely enough, and everything you need to know. You should have taken it as-is because anyone will tell you the same thing. Rasp on these things are at an all-time high, and they get loud quick. I'm trying to keep it cool here Punisher, so no more tough guy please because you don't know what you are talking about.
WOW..... there is so much I would like to say right now about what an exceptional duece bag you are but will settle for a simple STFU! Your first post provided nothing more than a typical response from a member like you. Every board and club has a handful of guys like you. Your second post was more insightful so thanks for that Criminal and of course I don't know what I am talking about in regards to this particular issue...hence the reason I asked. That is what this club and board is about, right? Scion enthusiast's coming together to talk about and help each other with this kind of stuff or is it totally devoted to you being an A-hole and for your personal use to stroke your ego and build your self-esteem by putting others down for asking questions. Have a great day!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by echoseven71
putting others down for asking questions.
When did I put you down? First post was dead on. I'm sorry that you didn't decide to take it for what it was. Then you attacked me. So then I elaborated. Then you say I "put you down". I'm confused.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

because you don't know what you are talking about.
If you are talking about this quote here, you are using it in the wrong context. I'm saying that you don't know what you are talking about when you decide that my answer wasn't good enough and that I'm a clown for not being helpful, when really I was, so I was asking you to not be a tough guy towards me because you didn't actually know that my answer was good enough, even though you chose to attack me... like a tough guy.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:23 PM

I'm trying to keep it cool here Punisher, so no more tough guy please because you don't know what you are talking about.
To be specific the statement above is what I am speaking of. first off you take issue w/ my avatar by calling me "Punisher" my SN is echoseven71 or you can look in my profile to see it's actually Christian. Eitherway we both know what a verbal ____ing war looks like online so don't try to play like you don't know what you were getting at w/ you comments and then you say "no more tough guy" once again in the same kind of context as calling me punisher...this is the online world so we can assume any persona we choose and if your trying to intimidate me it's not working. I am in LE and this kinda BS really is for kids... Then you have to finish it all off w/ "you really don't know what your talking about" So technically that was three insults/put downs. You also speak of be being a tough guy towards you and attacking you...the only thing I said in my second post in regards to your first response was "Awesome, that was totally the answer I was looking for!"....if that is an attack or acting like a tough guy you need a reality check and to spend a day on the streets w/ me and you will get that taste of reality. I am over my question and this thread... I will be VERY mindful if I post on this board or ask anymore questions. Thanks
Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 PM

Can any moderator please delete this thread and put it out of it's misery, it's a total waste. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be specific the statement above is what I am speaking of. first off you take issue w/ my avatar by calling me "Punisher" my SN is echoseven71 or you can look in my profile to see it's actually Christian. Eitherway we both know what a verbal ____ing war looks like online so don't try to play like you don't know what you were getting at w/ you comments and then you say "no more tough guy" once again in the same kind of context as calling me punisher...this is the online world so we can assume any persona we choose and if your trying to intimidate me it's not working. I am in LE and this kinda BS really is for kids... Then you have to finish it all off w/ "you really don't know what your talking about" So technically that was three insults/put downs. You also speak of be being a tough guy towards you and attacking you...the only thing I said in my second post in regards to your first response was "Awesome, that was totally the answer I was looking for!"....if that is an attack or acting like a tough guy you need a reality check and to spend a day on the streets w/ me and you will get that taste of reality. I am over my question and this thread... I will be VERY mindful if I post on this board or ask anymore questions. Thanks
Right. Like I said. You were the cool guy putting down my post before I "put you down", like you just said here. So again, you aren't making sense.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You also speak of be being a tough guy towards you and attacking you...the only thing I said in my second post in regards to your first response was "Awesome, that was totally the answer I was looking for!"....if that is an attack or acting like a tough guy you need a reality check and to spend a day on the streets w/ me and you will get that taste of reality.
Yeah exactly. If me saying "you don't know what you are talking about [because you talk in circles and don't take my answers for what they are when you should had you been on here for the last 4+ years]" is attacking you, then yeah, come to the streets with me too
Old 09-12-2014, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Come on guys, play nice! lol

I don't have any exhaust goodies on my tc as of yet... Since I've been looking though, I found and heard a lot about the rasp of the tC. To try and answer Echoseven71's question, a resonator or 2 should quiet it down a little bit. If you want a louder stock sounding note the only thing I've really seen that accomplishes that, to an extent, is an exhaust that is completely stock except for a TRD Catback.

CriminaltC does have a point, our engine is loud and raspy if you upgrade damn near anything on the exhaust. You should try the resonator(s) to quiet it down a little bit but I'm sorry to say, it'll always be a little loud and a little ricey.

I mean, come on, it's not a V8 so don't set your bar too high lol. j/p

Last edited by BLIZZWHTPRL1071; 09-12-2014 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Fixed some spelling errors. Don't you hate it when that happens lol.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Resonators in the midpipe is about all you can do. Headers in general will give you a certain level of rasp. Criminal was pretty much dead on with the assessment:
Loudness ==> resonators, other than that, deal with it
Ricey rasp ==> resonators, or change out the components