Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Fuel Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Fuel Pressure?

Hey I have a question about the stock fuel pump pressure. I've searched around and found that the stock pressure is between 42-47psi, now is this at the pump or after the regualtor? Basically I want to know if i can use an aftermarket fpr to bump up the pressure to the rail.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i believe you will need a bigger fuel pump.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get a Walboro fuel pump. But whats the need for more pressure?
Old 01-01-2012, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you are looking for a bigger fuel pump i would recommend deatswerk 301 thats what i am curently running and i was having it fuel my car on stock fuel pressure on 1000cc injectors running 22psi of boost.

but if you want to up your fuel pressure you will need the following.

1)fpr plug

2)fuel pressure regulator

3)return line

4)tapped stock fuel rail or aftermarket fuel rail with tapped end

5)return line

6)hole made for the fuel to go back into the tank

7)and all the fittings.

im sure i may be missing few things but thats about it.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks a lot, I guess I'll just go with larger injectors like 440's or something. I was going on boost soon, on the low side between 4-6psi and wanted to see if I could get a little more out of the stock injectors. I'm looking to run the stock ecu for a short period until I can get a tune. I'll be running a t3/t4 50 trim from ebay, that's been rebuilt with garret internals. I've seen and read a number of people running low boost on stock ecu with no problems. Scionfred told me that he uses a split second enricher for increasing the fuel while in open loop cs the ecu tries to keep the afr at a stoich 14.7 while running 440's. The old ZPI 0 kit ran stock everything and was fine, I just want to make sure I'm not running super lean on the stock ecu until I can get a tune.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please tell me you have a wideband. Thats a big gamble. Why dont you just wait until you have all the right parts before you boost?

And you are wrong. People dont get away with it. The zpi stage 0 kit was 5 psi, on a 16g, log manifold, 2.5 inch pipe from turbo to tb, and a 2.5 inch intake. Its a VERY specific setup to fallow, and a number of people cooked their rings.

14.7 at 5 psi in partial boost is unavoidable without management. Thats asking for big problems
Old 01-02-2012, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmerTC
Thanks a lot, I guess I'll just go with larger injectors like 440's or something. I was going on boost soon, on the low side between 4-6psi and wanted to see if I could get a little more out of the stock injectors. I'm looking to run the stock ecu for a short period until I can get a tune. I'll be running a t3/t4 50 trim from ebay, that's been rebuilt with garret internals. I've seen and read a number of people running low boost on stock ecu with no problems. Scionfred told me that he uses a split second enricher for increasing the fuel while in open loop cs the ecu tries to keep the afr at a stoich 14.7 while running 440's. The old ZPI 0 kit ran stock everything and was fine, I just want to make sure I'm not running super lean on the stock ecu until I can get a tune.
closed loop = stoich
Old 01-03-2012, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DeAnzaJig
Please tell me you have a wideband. Thats a big gamble. Why dont you just wait until you have all the right parts before you boost?

And you are wrong. People dont get away with it. The zpi stage 0 kit was 5 psi, on a 16g, log manifold, 2.5 inch pipe from turbo to tb, and a 2.5 inch intake. Its a VERY specific setup to fallow, and a number of people cooked their rings.

14.7 at 5 psi in partial boost is unavoidable without management. Thats asking for big problems
Yeah all my piping is 2.5in, wideband ready to go, log manifold I have an aem fic waiting just a pain in the ___ to get anyone to tune it in my area. Most of the tuners tell me they won't deal with a piggyback system and to just go with a stand alone system. I don't trust myself with playing with it, but I guess it isn't anymore risky than what i'm doing now
Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TimmerTC
Yeah all my piping is 2.5in, wideband ready to go, log manifold I have an aem fic waiting just a pain in the ___ to get anyone to tune it in my area. Most of the tuners tell me they won't deal with a piggyback system and to just go with a stand alone system. I don't trust myself with playing with it, but I guess it isn't anymore risky than what i'm doing now
i think it's "elevationtc" who can set you up a tune online. a good tuner could be on the other side of the world and still email a tune from knowledge.