Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Help!! w/ Locating Fuse..

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 03:45 PM
SL Member

Default Help!! w/ Locating Fuse..

I just got this 2007 Scion tC from a guy here in VA and he said it had some electrical issues, man was he lying. It has so many problems, but the main thing I need help with right now is I am trying to replace the battery and when I hook up the new battery
the alarm keeps going off the second I though the negative post to the terminal. I’ve read similar posts about it and have been unsuccessful with trying to locate the fuse to pull that. I also need to add the guy did quite a bit of DIY wiring which I am currently trying to undo.
Do factory images don’t match up that well.

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-02-2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator, and Award U.S. Navy icon
Old 06-02-2019, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are several fuse boxes. One is under the dash at the driver's left knee. The other is under the hood, beside the battery.

Instead of trying to figure out where guy powered his alarm, I'd just grab a pair of mini-fuse pliers and start pulling one mini-fuse at a time. If the alarm doesn't stop, re-insert the mini fuse you just pulled and go to the next mini-fuse. You should find a pair of mini fuse pliers underneath the engine-bay fuse box cover. They're small and made of plastic and stuck to the inside of the cover.

Last edited by 62Fender; 06-03-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:12 AM
SL Member

I managed to find it but now for some reason the car is not starting at all. I have no error codes on my ObD reader but when I turn the key in the ignition nothing. I’ve read that I probably need to get the ECU reprogrammed, which at this point I’m more at the point at getting rid of this car and eating my 1200 loss.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dgreenlee
I managed to find it but now for some reason the car is not starting at all. I have no error codes on my ObD reader but when I turn the key in the ignition nothing. I’ve read that I probably need to get the ECU reprogrammed, which at this point I’m more at the point at getting rid of this car and eating my 1200 loss.
Sorry to hear about that. Have you considered small claims court? Your seller may have broken consumer protection law(s) by failing to disclose known problems.