Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Injen install

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Injen install

So i'm planning on installing my intake today, and i just had a few last minute questions. I read of course the install guide a few posts down. But to jack up the car is the spare tire jack good enough? This is my first install besides the CC short shifter, and I'm a bit worried but willing to attack it. And is it necessary for two people to put the second part of the CAI on? i think i'm going to take off the bumper because it doesnt seem that difficult. And lastly, what is with the battery and fuse stuff that the instruction states, i dont see it in the install a few posts down, but people said it's necessary. thanks for the help and any tips are appreciated, and i forgot, for the five black bumper bolt things, how do u put those back on?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:47 PM
PT
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would be a little worried with jacking up with just a tire spare thing. If I were you at least get something else to put under the car just in case it gives out. You can never be to careful when you're under the car. I have the K&N intake so I'm not sure about what your talking fuse and battery. you are suppose to disconnect it and reconnect the battery before starting up your car again because the ECU is going to learn about the new intake and the increase amount of air flow. Make sure you don't damage your MAF. Also I don't believe it requires two people but it would definatly be quicker with two people. I didn't have to remove my front bumper but if it looks easy to you go ahead.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:50 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

where are you located? i'm in san jose to help you install it you you want. and the second pipe is a b!#@h unless you do it right.. i messed mine up installing it on my car (i've done it a number of times before, but it wasn't cooperating when i had to install mine.. (grr... mine got all scratched up...))

the bumper isn't that difficult, but not necessary, granted i went that way when i installed mine.

as for battery.. just disconnect it during installation. reinstall it afterwards, and have the car idle for a few minutes after install... (don't go out and drive and test out the intake before the ecu isn't used to the change in air flow yet..)

how hard is it to put back on the plastic parts for the bumper? any dork can figure out..

but like i said... i'll help you if you're willing to meet somewhere. speaking of... there's a get together this saturday morning at union landing (come join us!) (check out the regional forums for more info, or pm me.)
Old 12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, thanks for the help, and that'd be cool if you had time to help me, i can make a trip to meet up with you, if you have a jack or better tools, that'd be easier, but drop a pm by me. Thanks for the help
Old 12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can do it by my self in about 15 min now the hardest part is taking off the front bumper and that doesnt take any time these intakes are alot easier to install then you would think since our car comes apart easier then a lego death star

*safty note* never let a car reset on a jack alwasy use a jack stand *safty note*
Old 12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because my hydraulic jack would not fit under my car, I used my jackstand (with the wheels blocked on a level surface) and had no problem. There really wasn't a time I had to get 'under' the car as the bolts for the bumper were reachable from the front/side.

If you use the rubber gasket lip thing for the hole, you won't scratch your intake. I added an extra rubber gasket for more support in that area as well which I slipped on after it was fed through.

All-in-all an easy install!

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:19 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

anyway... i pm'd you. you live in san jose too? wow... i live up quimby rd. close to evergreen valley HS.