Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

S-afc II ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 11:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sound performance in blumingdale ill has figured out how to get it to work 100% on the tc but they dont want to share lol i have asked its to bad im sure once they get there turbo kit out for the tc i can just check the instructions and get the wiring from them
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member

does the issue have to do with the ecu in either open loop or closed loop?? i am working very closly with a master tuner here in MA on my project scion and i would love to know what is causing the problem so i can swing it by him and we can figure out how to get it to work %100 and let all of you know.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The one I have on my ZX2 is set up to Karman
To keep the ECU from overriding your SAFCII setup, set it to high throttle at 85%. That way the SAFC only changes the a/f ratio whenever you are 85% throttle or more. Since most driving isnt done at that throttle the ECU will never learn to compensate.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BlinkyTc
does the issue have to do with the ecu in either open loop or closed loop?? i am working very closly with a master tuner here in MA on my project scion and i would love to know what is causing the problem so i can swing it by him and we can figure out how to get it to work %100 and let all of you know.

wish i knew but this weekend were putting the grand prix back to stock and ordering a flashed ecu for it and im getting the safc II so hopefully i can offer some help then
Old 12-27-2005, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85

wish i knew but this weekend were putting the grand prix back to stock and ordering a flashed ecu for it and im getting the safc II so hopefully i can offer some help then
that would be awsome!! any info will be great. i am building a turbo kit since i really cant afford a minium of 4k for one and the afc is the last piece of the puzzle.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Artur
The one I have on my ZX2 is set up to Karman
To keep the ECU from overriding your SAFCII setup, set it to high throttle at 85%. That way the SAFC only changes the a/f ratio whenever you are 85% throttle or more. Since most driving isnt done at that throttle the ECU will never learn to compensate.
yeah they do that and it works the supra guys do the same thing but we want it to work 100% of the time to say i did it lol
Old 12-28-2005, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member

sound performance in blumingdale ill has figured out how to get it to work 100% on the tc but they dont want to share lol i have asked its to bad im sure once they get there turbo kit out for the tc i can just check the instructions and get the wiring from them
do you think if we sign an agreement that they wright up and have it legaly noterised saying we wont leak the secreat and pay them a small fee they will release it to a select few?? i for one will pay for the info. the safc2 is the last piece to complete my project.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you think if we sign an agreement that they wright up and have it legaly noterised saying we wont leak the secreat and pay them a small fee they will release it to a select few?? i for one will pay for the info. the safc2 is the last piece to complete my project.
probly not lol mike realy doesnt seem like he wants to share lol
Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

So, what are they going to do with the information? Do we just have to wait for their turbo kit and have to buy it to get the info or what?

No Manufacturer support?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WeDriveScions
So, what are they going to do with the information? Do we just have to wait for their turbo kit and have to buy it to get the info or what?

No Manufacturer support?
havent tried talking to apexi yet and as far as i know SP isnt going to share we would just have to get instructions from there turbo kit once its released
Old 12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

Hold on guys.... I said I got it to work and I posted a whole "how to do it" along with pics on another site. I talked to a guy at AutoZone and he told me how to set it up on the tC so it would not have any problems. I later found out that the guy use to work at Sound Performance. He helped work on Larrys Supra. Also, its setup so the ratio is not messed with untill the car is at full throtle then the car talks off. I am helping many people install theres so go to yoursciontc.com
Old 12-28-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fairladyz541
Hold on guys.... I said I got it to work and I posted a whole "how to do it" along with pics on another site. I talked to a guy at AutoZone and he told me how to set it up on the tC so it would not have any problems. I later found out that the guy use to work at Sound Performance. He helped work on Larrys Supra. Also, its setup so the ratio is not messed with untill the car is at full throtle then the car talks off. I am helping many people install theres so go to yoursciontc.com

yeah i was going to try using your guid but mike said that he got it to work 100% witch seems like it would be at low throttle to but i guess who cares about that lol im going to try your install this weekend unless im to bussy celebraiting lol

and you when you said an autozone tech helpd you i was like WTF lol but since he worked at SP im sure he knows his ____ since they build some monster stuff there