Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?
ZPI Turbo Kit
50.00%
Dezod Turbo Kit
25.00%
Turbokits.com Turbo Kit
14.06%
DIY
10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Turbo Kits *Vote Please*

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Turbo Kits *Vote Please*

I wanted to gauge everyones thoughts on the turbo kits that are available currently.

*Poll: Which one would you buy, and list why.

I am really on the fence with this one, and really dont know which one is the best-buy. If my car gets fixed under warranty I plan to get a turbo kit immediately. Right now I know of three kits available, and of course DIY'ers.
- ZPI
- Dezod
- Turbokits.com
- DIY'ers

I know the majority of them have specs and dynos to back their claims, which one would you go with if you have the money?

Thanks for your answer!

Stu Gotti™
Old 11-17-2005, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, since I'm obviously a little biased

I'm not going to knock any of the listed kits, because there is always room to do that with anything. All I can speak about is ZPIracing and my personal experince with them and their turbo kit.

ZPI's experience with the Scion tC has to be obviously one of the best available in the country. That combined with the longest running marketed turbo setup has to say the highest proven reliability known so far as well.

Do they make mistakes. Yup....and frankly I would expect that from all of them. Do they cover their mistakes with exceptional customer care? Not only yes for their turbo.....but they seem to take small hits to cover where others fail (see ScionSpeed). Warranty on their package is not a question for me. 100% gaurantee on quality and workmanship.

They have customer support that is exceptional and they continue to be the front runners in additional performance products and knowledge base.

The turbo itself. Fantastic for the price with top of the line parts....my daughter enjoys it and drives it like it came from the factory that way.

disclaimer...NO, I don't work for ZPI and they do not sponsor her car.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice.. keep them coming! Thanks ScionDad

Gotti™
Old 11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just personal preference, I chose the Turbonetics kit. Other than the actual turbo, these kits are at about the same level for performance. The only thing that sways me is that the Turbonetics kit is more showy! The ZPI and Turbonetics kit are both great kits made by great companies. Both of which have a very high standard and great reputation!
Old 11-18-2005, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Preciate it!

Gotti™
Old 11-18-2005, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Refunds and credit card disputes are ___
Old 11-18-2005, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes.. they def are.. who do you speak of?
Old 11-18-2005, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll give it another week or so.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Haha.. aight
Old 11-18-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 11-18-2005, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by mattssi
man, they still havent refunded you yet Matt?? Probably using your money to build other kits...thats pretty lame
Old 11-18-2005, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be fair, I reordered and cancelled again for reasons I won't share right now.

If it is truly the CC company holding it up, thats a joke. I love how it takes a day for a charge to show up on cards, but refunds take weeks and weeks. F PayPal Visa and everyone you down wit' hehe
Old 11-18-2005, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member

Even though my car still is not running, I of course will pick ZPI. They have been very helpful throughout this whole "worst month and half" ever. I went from a turbo with blown oil seals to a cracked manifold! Kenny is taking care of it, im just sitting here waiting for it to all come back. But ZPI is the way to go. Like sciondad said they do make mistakes but they do what they can to make it all better. Very good crew, Keisha is one of the nicest "turbo" girls i know. I don't know much about the other kits, im sure there great, but for the price i got, im happy.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had nothing but prompt replies along with accurate timelines with Dezod. If you are someone who calls and questions all the time, just to be informed, they are for you. Although, I can't speak personally on the kit yet, prelim results don't have me worried about fit, finish, or quality.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am really liking the numbers put out by the Dezod kit. I also like the customly sized intercooler and turbo specifically for the 2AZ's displacement, bore, stroke, and stuff.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We do what we can to please the crowd.

I can tell you I spend every single day checking tid-bits out on the car and making small adjustments or modifications here and there until we get it the way we want.

Matt, you're manifold is complete and the kit's almost ready to go!
Old 11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

I've had nothing but prompt replies along with accurate timelines with Dezod. If you are someone who calls and questions all the time, just to be informed, they are for you. Although, I can't speak personally on the kit yet, prelim results don't have me worried about fit, finish, or quality.
Thanks Matt!
Old 11-19-2005, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
man, they still havent refunded you yet Matt?? Probably using your money to build other kits...thats pretty lame
Here is sort of a quick run down of my scenario...

Let me start off by saying I am not one for putting up with down right misinformation

-I had pre-ordered a ZPI kit forever ago. I was told it would be sent the second week of the next month. Fine.
-I called the week previous to check status - things are on schedule.
-I call that following Monday to see if it was shipped, nope! It will ship the end of the week.
-I called to check shipping status. - Nope!

(I don't have all the dates in front of me...but this happend quite a bit)

I, in turn, cancelled my order and was going to go w/ Dezod. The charge back never showed up.

Few weeks later, a random S pipe shows up at my door. I contact ZPI about this, they make me a deal I can't refuse about shipping the kit out tomorrow, everything, complete, bam!! I really wanted a damn kit, so I went with it (I know - my bad), I called Fri, Mon (closed I guess), and Tuesday to get shipping status. Did it ship? NO!

At that point, I just said F it, I overnighted the S pipe back and was told I would get my refund.

I placed my order w/ Dezod.

It's been close to 3 weeks (and months since first "cancellation") now w/ no credit to my account. Granted, I have started the dispute process since I was almost at th 60 day limit, but is friggin hassle and a half to do.

All I know is I have NOTHING pending on my card and haven't see any type of refund. Sort of makes me a little ticked. But hey, its only 3 g's or so.

I know I'll get flamed for this one way or another - but its a crappy situation.

It is just another reason why I voted for who I did.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Credit card companies review chargebacks and credits very carefully because it is a situation that allows a high risk of fraud. Consumers will purchase a part, cancel, request and refund from the company, and also file a chargeback. In some cases, they receive double their money back. We have actually had this situation happen to us. Most credit companies now are reviewing each case very carefully. Most likely, when a dispute is filed on an account pending a credit, they will begin an investigation to make sure that both parties are protected.

As for your refund personally, the reason it is taking so unbelievably long is because the credit has been charged, then refunded after your 1st cancellation, then charged again, then refunded a second time after your 2nd cancellation. It's confusing situation and must be reviewed so that it is completed properly and all parties are satisfied.

As for your kit not shipping the Friday it was supposed to, it was part of this whole debauchle with your credit card. As of that Friday, the money from the 1st cancellation had already pulled from our account and had not re-posted. Simple as it is, we do not let parts leave our shop that are not paid for. What if your charge had never made it back to our account? Then we would be stuck, with no funds and one less turbo kit. We are closed on Monday's, and the Tuesday we spoke on instant messenger, the funds had shown back up in our account and the kit was already boxed and labled ready to go. It could have shipped one day later than expected, in an effort to protect our own selves, however, you chose to cancel once again.

Disputing your charge is now what is delaying the process. Your credit card company is most likely trying to sort out the abundance of recent purchase, refund, credit, chargeback activity. The funds have once again left our account and are most likely in holding until your credit card company sorts out this mess.

On a side note....as of Monday, November 21, 2005 we will be returning to the Monday-Friday schedule for the winter season. Hours will stay the same 10:00am-7:00pm EST.

Thanks,

Keisha
Old 11-19-2005, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We don't have to go into it all here. But, even if that is the case with the hold up, there is no reason my very first cancellation shouldn't have been on my card within 2-3 days. Nothing was refunded. I don't know where the money is going if it leaves your account, but it sure isn't my card

Quick Reply: Turbo Kits *Vote Please*