Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

what intake/exhaust combo for automatic

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member

Default what intake/exhaust combo for automatic

I have a automatic, and I am looking for an intake and exhaust combo that will work with it. I am almost positive i want to go with the TRD exhaust, but I am not sure which intake will work with my tranny?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: what intake/exhaust combo for automatic

Originally Posted by JCLiP
I have a automatic, and I am looking for an intake and exhaust combo that will work with it. I am almost positive i want to go with the TRD exhaust, but I am not sure which intake will work with my tranny?
Think ahead if your planning on getting a header, which by the way adds nearly 10hp to a stock TC the TRD will sound aweful. I would consider a full Catback system, 2.5 inch from the second cat and back gains should be about 10hp. HKS makes a good axleback that should produce 3 to 5hp depending on existing mods, and will sound great with any header intake setup i just dont like the angled look. As far as intake go for short ram otherwise you will take a very noticeable torque loss in the lower rpms up to about 2500.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

i have the trd exhuast and the k&n cold air intake. beautiful combination. sounds great! :D
Old 06-03-2005, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05_scion_tc
i have the trd exhuast and the k&n cold air intake. beautiful combination. sounds great! :D
Im sure it sounds great with out a header. But then again the gains are not what they can be.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Overall what would you guys say is the best intake to use on an automatic? To clarify, my definition of best is lowest torqe loss and some measurable HP gain. Right now I am running a Weapon-R Secret intake, and as many dyno tests have shown there is a significant loss in low end power. I think im torn between the Umnitza & Injen now. I do like the look, fitment and high-end pull of the Weapon-R but such a loss of TQ on the Auto which already lacks to the 5-speed is just disapointing and sad compared to stock. Anybody have dyno numbers of HP & TQ on an Auto? Please post!