Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Are you having success with the FIC?
Yes
44.44%
No
55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

AEM FIC success - Paul and Todd please chime in too

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default AEM FIC success - Paul and Todd please chime in too

I've been reading about a lot of troubles people are having with the FIC on our cars. Things such as poor idle, hiccups, loss of power, data logging issues, and UEGO output issues.

Please respond if you've selected success with FIC. Please indicate the following:

Year of vehicle:
Tranny: (auto / man)
Injector size:
MAF piping size:
Recirc BOV: (yes or no)
Upgraded Fuel pump: (yes or no)
UEGO: (yes or no)
FIC Version: (ie: 3.01 or 3.04)
Tune: (professional or self-street tuned)

Include any other modifications to FIC to get your success. For example, there was a fix for Auto vehicles.. I forget exactly what it was.

Responses are greatly appreciated! Please keep the replies on topic and please try to use the above format. This would be a GREAT data log of people's success with the FIC.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

Year of vehicle: '06
Tranny: Manual
Injector size: 550cc
MAF piping size: 3"
Recirc BOV: NO
Upgraded Fuel pump: NO
UEGO: NO
FIC Version: 2.01
Tune: Semi-Professional Self Tune

Success now for 6 months, nothing unexpected or uncommon for a Piggyback ECU with our intuitive ECU and MAF, converted to FI
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

interesting, hopefully this will help tuning issues with FIC
Old 06-10-2008, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im about to throw mine out i hate it. It sucks for autos and sometimes its like the map isnt even being read that was put on it.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't throw it out! ill trade you an emanage blue for it! seriously though if you don't want it let me know - i'm in south florida too
Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldnt get a blue tho lol ;x
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm. this could be a good read, i got one for when i expand on my supercharger. might be a good heads up.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Watching......
Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Scikotics
SL Member

The problems with the F/IC that I have heard of have been on the later model tC's '07s and '08s
Old 06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

There has been VERY select issues with a few models such as autos with the TPS still getting power when the car is off, but only a hand full of cases have been documented with this.

The 08 5 speed cam sensor error issue was solved with the addition of a resistor to a few customers. Once again, it is a small issue that has been documented on a few apps. We have sold TONS of kits to people all over the world with unit, and have had utter success from various customers and shops around. Just because 3-4 people on here post up of issues does not mean it's widespread and a HUGE problem. EVERY car presents a potentially different situation because of supporting mods, different mods, install quirks etc.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's why this post was created - to make sure it was just a select few people who are having issues.

I'm looking for success stories.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
The 08 5 speed cam sensor error issue was solved with the addition of a resistor to a few customers. Once again, it is a small issue that has been documented on a few apps. We have sold TONS of kits to people all over the world with unit, and have had utter success from various customers and shops around. Just because 3-4 people on here post up of issues does not mean it's widespread and a HUGE problem. EVERY car presents a potentially different situation because of supporting mods, different mods, install quirks etc.
Are you sure Paul about the 'sold tons.... to people ALL over the world' issue?

I tried to buy direct from Dezod early this year but was shut off unceremoniously.

Enrique whom I spoke on 2-3 occasions said they did not want to deal with overseas purchases. I even offered to wire transfer money to Dezod's bank account for your convenience... Its not funny money by the way. Its REAL money in the bank by a REAL buyer

I wanted to get the NST pulley + other hardware parts (pistons, valve, rods) for my engine build.

I bought my stuff eventually from NolimitMotorsports ever since. Adam is real helpful and even sends my stuff to my shipper in Jamaica.

Coming back to the issue with FIC, if I had to use other 'additional' peripherals or attachments to make the unit work.... then why the hell should I even buy it in the 1st place?? shouldn't FIC be able to work by itself w/o another contraptions? better still, you need to find your own solution to it through trial & error ie. potentially different situations. Who's to know?

I have used just the FTC with great success with no additional tweaks and what not because the car never displayed quirky behaviours....

As I have said before in a thread sometime ago, the FTC is the granddaddy of FIC. If you look at the wiring schematics, FIC is very similar to FTC. Only difference is that AEM threw out a different bunch of setup parameters and later on setup wizards to address complaints by consumers + you need to always update the versions to address certain issues. You call this an ideal piggyback? FTC was around more than 5 years ago, FIC only happened in late 2006, go figure

I have no such issues with FTC. It runs solid with platform stability. And so damn easy to tune if I might add.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by sleepermod
Are you sure Paul about the 'sold tons.... to people ALL over the world' issue?

I tried to buy direct from Dezod early this year but was shut off unceremoniously.

Enrique whom I spoke on 2-3 occasions said they did not want to deal with overseas purchases. I even offered to wire transfer money to Dezod's bank account for your convenience... Its not funny money by the way. Its REAL money in the bank by a REAL buyer

I wanted to get the NST pulley + other hardware parts (pistons, valve, rods) for my engine build.

I bought my stuff eventually from NolimitMotorsports ever since. Adam is real helpful and even sends my stuff to my shipper in Jamaica.
I am sorry YOUR transaction did not work out, but we do not accept wire transfers and internationals are done utterly different than all of the rest of the orders. We have shipped to the UK, Australia, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, South America, Canada, Mexico....The regulations and restrictions for processing are different, but we have protocol to follow for these orders. You're requests to use an alternate shipper, different location, pay by bank transfer etc may have been deemed as too many red flags by the representative to process your order. So, it is at HIS/HER discrection to take the international order. I apologize if it did not work out, but at least you did get the parts you need.

On a final note, he should have referred you to one of our master dealers at least when we could not accommodate you. Their restrictions are far less than ours, but you still receive all of the same parts, service, selections etc.

The FTC made by GEM?
Old 06-11-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok Paul. Explanation seems fair enough for me to accept. But I wished Dezod could have been more accomodative for international buyers.

Btw, I meant Spring Gardens NY 11413 (Jamaica) which is still in your store's area. I merely wanted to pay through bank transfer and get my box of stuff trucked to Spring Gardens near JFK airport. My shippers would offload it via flight to me. I hope you did not assume it was another country though.

Its the FTC made by SS.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There has been VERY select issues with a few models such as autos with the TPS still getting power when the car is off, but only a hand full of cases have been documented with this.

X2........I agree

Year of vehicle:2006
Tranny: 5 speed
Injector size: 630 cc
MAF piping size: 2.5 inch
Recirc BOV: yes
Upgraded Fuel pump: yes
UEGO: no, but I have the PLX 300 connected to the FIC, works fine
FIC Version:2.01
Tune: initially professional then self-street tuned
Old 06-11-2008, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
That's why this post was created - to make sure it was just a select few people who are having issues.

I'm looking for success stories.
I'll get back to you after my dyno.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by garabaldy

Excellent - this is exactly the format of response I wanted.. great, Garabaldy.

So you're pretty satisfied with the unit I assume. As for the Recirc BOV - this was something you had custom done? I don't see kits including this unless it's the Tnetics.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching
Old 06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I was pretty sure my issues were with my car because we tried many different units. But the greddy blue worked fine.
Todd from TT and Tony from UMS have been talking with AEM and apparently, there are some issues with certain cars that they plan to fix in the next batch. But so far, they have been wiring a bunch of resisers in to make it work.
We'll see what they come up with today.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Originally Posted by garabaldy

Excellent - this is exactly the format of response I wanted.. great, Garabaldy.

So you're pretty satisfied with the unit I assume. As for the Recirc BOV - this was something you had custom done? I don't see kits including this unless it's the Tnetics.
Yes I am satisfied . The only problem I'm having is that I connected the logging ground switch to log internally then at a later time pull the log off via a laptop and it does not work.
Yes my kit was a Tnetics but has had many changes, still using the manifold and IC piping.

Quick Reply: AEM FIC success - Paul and Todd please chime in too