Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Between a rock and a hard place...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Between a rock and a hard place...

Okay...basically I am deciding between two turbo kits.
Before I psot links to either of teh two here is my concern: Where I live (Morgan City, Louisiana) I don't know of any place that could tune a boosted car. And to be quite honest, I wouldn't even know where to begin with air/fuel ration, etc. What is a typical place that would be able to tune besides someone who would have a place specifiaclly for racing/tuning/imports. etc?

Aside form that, these are the two kits I'm deciding between...any feedback on this whole situation would be greatly appreciated.

First Kit: http://www.whyindustries.com/store/p...products_id=52

WITH THIS EMANAGE AND FUEL MANAGEMENT:
http://www.whyindustries.com/store/p...roducts_id=103

Second Kit:
http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_stage.cfm

Again, thanks guys.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Never heard of the first one... (but I don't follow FI too much). Just from what I've seen, I'd say Dezod FTW.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:23 AM
SL Member

if i were you i would talk to 318_tc. i belive he is in your neck of the woods, and he knows a VERY good tuner. i would also go with the why industries kit (aka turbo toyotas). here is why. both companies will give you first class customer service. and both will offer a wide selection of options with their kits to fit your needs. but turbo toyotas kit offers the option of 3" downpipe, 3" s-pipe, and equal length exaust manifold. this is one of the main reasons that their kit is making isane power numbers. also the man who run's the company, todd, has many years in the import performance scene. he has worked for big name companies like full race, and hasport. feel free to send me a pm if you have anymore questions regarding this matter.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'd go with turbotoyotas (why industries) just so I could say I had a "Disco Potato Ball Bearing" turbo.

Seriously though, both companies are good but at this point in the game I'd go with turbotoyotas (why industries).
Old 06-08-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would find a tuner first.
I don't think either one of those kits will run well without a proper tune. Todd and Paul can both send you a base map to get you up an running, but your gonna want it tuned.

I acutally went with Turbo Toytoas stage 1 kit, not the GT, so obviously, I'd go with Turbo Toyotas.
The kit I'm getting (shoudl be here in a couple weeks) has a larger bushing turbo, so it should spool slower but put out more power. Todd siad at low boost, I could run it with no emanage at all, which means no tuning neccessary.

Good luck.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 Hard choices. The kit comes down to personal preference and what your goals are. Most important part is the tune. If you read around the forum you wont have a problem findin answers to what is making power. What ever you do, get tuned by T1 Race Development, tony knows a thing or two bout scions
Old 06-08-2007, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

go with todds stuff