Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Blue, Ultimate, or AEM piggyback?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

ny and arizona
Old 08-17-2007, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They moved from FL back to NY and opened a new office in AZ.

The AEM piggyback is only $400, so not much more then the Blue. once you add the blue pressure sensor, it get's more expensive then the AEM. The aem has a port on it for boost, so no additional items needes, except Dezod's harness.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by forpinks

I got another Q, should I get the HKS SQ BOV or the Greddy RS BOV? Which one is good for the app?
IMO, it's all personal preference (sound, etc.).. i've heard good things about the HKS, but i doubt it'll make much difference.. heck i'm only getting a tial BOV. doesn't really bother me. if it's satisfactory enough for todd to have it standard on ALL of his kits, i'm not gonna question its basic functionality.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wazzup mr. meaty, hey have you met this guy yet?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FMtC_krstnmj
wazzup mr. meaty, hey have you met this guy yet?
SH!IT NO!
Should we invite him to the meet? I can't make it for a couple weeks. traveling for work.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This might be weird but, I'm not gonna let my "made in Japan" percentage drop of a bit more... (I'm currently 94% Japan) I lost it to a Megan short shifter (Chineses), Competition Stage-4 clutch (Canadian), and TWM linkage bushings dunno where from (USA or China I guess) oh and some other parts came from somewhere else stock...

I'd stick with whatever stuff is Japanese brands, so that means Greddy, HKS, and uhh TRD???

Oh, and I'm a secret tC in Vegas so, I want to stay unknown till I well,,, meet up with you accidentally at the streets... :b
Old 08-17-2007, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey mr.meaty,

1. what kinda of turbo do you have on your car?

2. where are you going for your business trip?

3. do you smoke?

4. what kind?

5. did you hear about sue gettin injured?

6. i have my pnp harness already.

7. when is alohalo getting his kit?

8. did you talk to him yet?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This might be weird but, I'm not gonna let my "made in Japan" percentage drop of a bit more... (I'm currently 94% Japan) I lost it to a Megan short shifter (Chineses), Competition Stage-4 clutch (Canadian), and TWM linkage bushings dunno where from (USA or China I guess) oh and some other parts came from somewhere else stock...

I'd stick with whatever stuff is Japanese brands, so that means Greddy, HKS, and uhh TRD???

Oh, and I'm a secret tC in Vegas so, I want to stay unknown till I well,,, meet up with you accidentally at the streets... :b
Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, Brett always cracks me up.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This might be weird...
Correct.

Mark, you are totally random!
But here goes:
1. what kinda of turbo do you have on your car?
You KNOW what I have, it's the Turbo Toyotas! YOU'VE SEEN IT!
But if you you mean the turbo it self, it's a Garrett T3/T04E bushing turbo, 54trim .63ar

2. where are you going for your business trip?
Just got back from Reno (go every other month) and in 2 weeks is San Antonio.

3. do you smoke?
Cigars

4. what kind?
Ghurkas are my favorite.

5. did you hear about sue gettin injured?
Yeah, a week or so ago. He said he has had back problems for awhile, but it got really bad a week or so ago. that's why I haven't been bugging him and looking into that other tuner coming down.

6. i have my pnp harness already.
sweet.

7. when is alohalo getting his kit?
I thought by the 29th, but I dont' know if Todd having his kid pushed that back at all.

8. did you talk to him yet?
Who, olahalo? A few times. About what?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc

lol, x2....no offense forpinks, but it seems like you don't do any research on anything, and start threads like "which is better" which ultimately gets you nowhere. i feel bad that you're going FI since you dont know anything, and without research, you won't be able to run your car safely....and that comment above only affirmed your ignorance in the whole matter, lol
Old 08-17-2007, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
you know I read one of your posts in another thread and I cant remember exactly which one it was but it was about how forpinks keeps asking about which kit is the best to buy and that he is gonna buy the one that everyone suggests for him to buy. Not for nothing, but I remember when you were looking for your turbo kit a couple months back you did the exact same thing. You were asking everyone which one you should buy, and then even after you placed your order with Dezod you thought it was gonna be alright to back out of it and then order a TT kit. Im not really trying to start anything with you, but just dont be a hypocrite. Everyone knows forpinks can get annoying, but just remember, you were in his same position a couple of months ago when you didnt know the first thing about boosting your car.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
you know I read one of your posts in another thread and I cant remember exactly which one it was but it was about how forpinks keeps asking about which kit is the best to buy and that he is gonna buy the one that everyone suggests for him to buy. Not for nothing, but I remember when you were looking for your turbo kit a couple months back you did the exact same thing. You were asking everyone which one you should buy, and then even after you placed your order with Dezod you thought it was gonna be alright to back out of it and then order a TT kit. Im not really trying to start anything with you, but just dont be a hypocrite. Everyone knows forpinks can get annoying, but just remember, you were in his same position a couple of months ago when you didnt know the first thing about boosting your car.
I agree with that, to a sense, but 20tc actually did some searching, and he posted, what, maybe 2 threads?
forpinks posted like 10 the first week he was on the boards.
Plus, I dont' think 20tc has said anything in this thread about forpinks asking questions. He just said that brett cracks him up. Nothing hypocritical about that.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everybody in a way does that by asking for personal opinions. That is how we learn, but we also learn by searching. And trust me, I searched a lot.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[/quote]

Hey, you can't use an image of me without my consent!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fine I'll get AEM, I've researched a bit on FIC and found it to be more compatible with VVT-i than Ultimate which is good for VTEC...

Also if I use 550cc RC injectors will I see an increase in power even with the OE pump?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fine I'll get AEM, I've researched a bit on FIC and found it to be more compatible with VVT-i than Ultimate which is good for VTEC...

Also if I use 550cc RC injectors will I see an increase in power even with the OE pump?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pink, where did you find that research? I haven't heard anything like that.

And brett, WTF!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hahahahahahahahahaa pinks is up to his usual antics again. wow, just... wow! about your "made in japan" comment, you're way down past 94% considering 99 percent of what you have is strictly US market (YOUR ENTIRE STOCK CAR, which just happens to be "sport-tuned.".... hahahaha). as for your "research" regarding ultimate vs. aem and vvt-i vs. vtec, what the heck?!
Old 08-17-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

just cause the ultimate says that it can control vtec points, doesn't mean its "better" for it....most tuners anyways who have hondas, use a hondata, which is far superior for their cars.....the aem gives you the most freedom......and regarding all of "forpinks" posts.....he asks questions that have been posted at least 10 times a month.....it is ok to know nothing about FI, but search first, then ask when you don't understand something....not questions like , which is better...etc....seems like he needs someone to hold his hand in deciding what he wants to do.....the whole point of going tubo is so you can customize to what you want out of the car...not what is the biggest name brand you can buy....

Quick Reply: Blue, Ultimate, or AEM piggyback?