Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

DEZOD MOTORSPORTS: ALPHA SERIES V-band Manifold Installed (Page 21)

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Looks sexy... I love EL mani's
Old 02-24-2010, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

all i can say is if their many looks that good in el form i wonder what their twin scroll would look like. just curious if you guys could do a quick list of the available turbos for this setup and your thoughts on them.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by game-over
Yeah. I'm not understanding what this v band thing is about.
I have an idea. To be able to make the manifold more universal for bigger turbos. Am I right can so
wine go into alittle more detail
It would be impossible to do a twin scroll design on a v-banded inlet turbo.

The Stainless Steel turbine housing is awesome for many reasons. IMPO, it's worth the extra $$ for many reasons and here are a few:

1) infinite turbo adjust-ability for better clearance
2) stainless steel won't rust
3) v-band = leak-less seal every time without gaskets
4) no breaking bolts off in a manifold flange
5) service end of the kit makes like a breeze with one socket needed to remove turbo
Old 02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by PSI2HI
Any better detailed shots of the manifold inside and out? Availability for PTE 62 and 67 billet turbos?
There are plenty of shots of the manifold on our site:

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...d-tc-05-10.cfm
Old 02-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
wow, i just had to delete half this thread.
can we please keep this on topic? I dont think im asking too much here...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Question for the folks @ Dezod

When ordering the S1 kit, can we just replace the manifold that comes in the S1 kit for this manifold and upgraded turbo for whatever the cost difference is? Or will there be a totally new kit to choose from on the site?
Thanks for cleaning things up!

This Alpha Series parts are going to be sold as had pieces leaving customization and fabrication to the end user to cater to their needs to what they are doing with their tC!

Some may want a liquid to air intercooler, some may want a air to air....Some may want 700cc injectors, while others may want 1200cc injectors....Some may want a Bosch BOV, others a TiAL or Greddy.....We did not want to hinder the "customization" notions that the brand Scion was founded on.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
plus if you get a tial stainless vband housing for your turbo, you save some weight!
Yes! Exactly.

A standard turbine GT3582R for example is about 19lbs, while this whole turbo is about 12lbs!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
Vband FTW!

no bolts breaking, rusting, impossible to reach to tighten, having to place gasket while placing the bolts, and the versatility of being able to rotate it for custom exhaust rounting, etc etc!

im sure there is more, but this is a sick looking manifold!

Don, what exactly is "limited" about your warranty against cracking? im guessing something to do with a flex section in the downpipe area correct?
The "limited" portion of it pertains to someone sticking an M80 into their manifold to blow it up. That will not be covered. Customer negligence will never be covered.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
im pretty sure this will not have same cracking issues as the log, i wouldnt even worry about that if i were to buy these
It should not at all. There is a lot more room for expansion of the metal during cycling so, there is a lot less of a chance of cracking like a log.

Once the metals expand, the "L" or "T" on the log, have no other place to go or move because they are tightly conjoined. The only end result in this fashion is cracking.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by crush02342002
all i can say is if their many looks that good in el form i wonder what their twin scroll would look like. just curious if you guys could do a quick list of the available turbos for this setup and your thoughts on them.

Turbos that can work with this manifold are:

GT25R
GT28R
GT30R
GT35R

That is a quick Garrett list.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I noticed there are two different versions of the manifold in the pictures. One looks a lot cleaner than the other. Which one is going to be the production model?

-Jeremy
Old 02-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by KCTTC
I noticed there are two different versions of the manifold in the pictures. One looks a lot cleaner than the other. Which one is going to be the production model?

-Jeremy
No difference. All three models are the same high quality piece that fit into the same fixture.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Currently there is a new V band 3 inch exhaust in and 3" downpipe at the bender being profiled. We should see the first of those batches in about 6 weeks. We will have a manifold, turbo, down pipe/spipe, dump tube and S pipe exhaust all in 3 inch for those that want to make big power.

We have a pipe that adapts from the GT35R to the existing S1 turbo kit intercooler piping, so you could replace your current Dezod S1 manifold, turbo, downpipe, spipe with this setup. I wanted to do this so that those that had our kit wouldn't have to go out and buy another complete kit. So you can keep most of what you have.

If it were me I would put a larger intercooler on and get the 3 inch exhaust that we have since the outlet of the new s pipe is v band and our inlet to the new exhaust is v band. Other than that you could keep most other things.

We left out an intake because some people may want to just run a filter, or route a cold air intake or do a blow through MAF so rather than try to guess what people would want to do we decided to leave that up to you.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KCTTC

-Jeremy
Those are 3 manifolds of the same design put into various positions so we could show the different angles and that we had some physical inventory
Old 02-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don im gonna hop on the ban wagon and agree that one of the manifold looks different....its got more joints and welds than the others
Old 02-24-2010, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure, they were all made in the same batch. I just went back and looked how can you possibly even see all the parts on those manifolds?

We decided to offer this NEW piece in V band only because v band is the future.

V band is clean and smooth, instead of taking a nice round pipe (which is what the end of a collector forms) and trying to swage it into a rectangle shape then back to a smooth form again you can stay round through out keeping high velocity and smooth laminar flow. V band just makes the most sense due to it's inherent design features. We could have done it other ways but why would we want to offer something inferior in our kit which we wanted to be the best available? We weren't worried about many people purchasing this we were worried about making the best product possible.

NO gaskets to wear out, no surfaces to warp and not seal, no bolts that can come loose, break, it just keeps things simple and clean on the install.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DezodDon
Not sure, they were all made in the same batch. I just went back and looked how can you possibly even see all the parts on those manifolds?

We decided to offer this NEW piece in V band only because v band is the future.

V band is clean and smooth, instead of taking a nice round pipe (which is what the end of a collector forms) and trying to swage it into a rectangle shape then back to a smooth form again you can stay round through out keeping high velocity and smooth laminar flow. V band just makes the most sense due to it's inherent design features. We could have done it other ways but why would we want to offer something inferior in our kit which we wanted to be the best available? We weren't worried about many people purchasing this we were worried about making the best product possible.

NO gaskets to wear out, no surfaces to warp and not seal, no bolts that can come loose, break, it just keeps things simple and clean on the install.

attached is something u need to explain

Old 02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

also the second manifold seems to have an angle at that weld the first is straight ish
Old 02-24-2010, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Second manifold is the first prototype, the first picture is the second manifold in the batch. Being that it was built on a car then a jig was made around the first manifold you can perfect it after but they will all have the same start and end points. That is the purpose of a jig, to provide you a fixture to make repeatable parts in.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well then dont say that there arent different versions....
Old 02-24-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
There are plenty of shots of the manifold on our site:

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...d-tc-05-10.cfm

None of those pics show any further detail then whats posted in the thread. Looking for some detailed shots of weld quality and weld penetration.

Quick Reply: DEZOD MOTORSPORTS: ALPHA SERIES V-band Manifold Installed (Page 21)