Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Finally boosted on TRD ecu ;-)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ive never dyno'ed my car yet lmao once i got it were it's at now i got in some trouble and have been paying for the trouble ever since hopefully soon i can get back on the mod wagon
Old 04-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rydrdg
Ok my car is tuned over the TRD reflashed for two years no problem........greddy turbo 550cc injector and tuned....250 hp 290torq at 8 psi..

yes ur TUNED over the trd...

but i can tell u that if u had the factory ecu at 8psi ud have more hp =P cuz i made 243 at 6.25 psi and this was on ptunings dyno

just saying there more power to be made
Old 04-07-2010, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rydrdg
Ok my car is tuned over the TRD reflashed for two years no problem........greddy turbo 550cc injector and tuned....250 hp 290torq at 8 psi..
i dont mean anything by this but to me to see that kinda #s makes me think something is up. In general (before someone tries to correct me I said "in general") the hp and tq follow fairly close to one another on the 2az thats properly tuned on low boost. So far thats been my experiance. for instance stock i dyno'd 147hp 151tq, 6psi rough base map 228hp 228tq (iv never seen em match like that before so that was prolly a fluke or something), 11psi street tune 298hp 301tq. all this was on the same dyno. Not saying its not possible to have hp and tq #s like you have just saying in general they tend to follow somewhat close to one another on the 2az.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cburglb34
never have i said im god, and ppl keep touchign the whole 120 in the rain...who cares u werent there only 2 damn cars on the road didnt ask for advice...

you clearly posted here for inputs and ur getting them...

and sorry but the numbers wont work ull be making at best like 270 whp at like 14 psi that ecu retard more n more timming no matter how much u try messing with it..
pɐǝɹɥʇ dn ʍǝןq ɹoʇoɯ ʎɯ ǝɥʇ ǝɹoɟǝq uı

so mods....how come he doesnt get banned for improper language. i guess "damn" is proper. damn damn damn
Old 04-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks cory.... didnt think ive ever done anything to u, but oh well things happen on a forum...and if damn was bad they would have made it a blocked word...also its used on g rated shows.... that family ratings
Old 04-07-2010, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

thanks cory.... didnt think ive ever done anything to u, but oh well things happen on a forum...and if damn was bad they would have made it a blocked word...also its used on g rated shows.... that family ratings
Only when used in conjunction with 'god.' In which case, they bleep 'god.'
Old 04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my names not cory....nice try. and the word _____(female dog) is also used in pg movies but its banned.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my bad COLBY
Old 04-07-2010, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, wow, i didn't expect that so many people would reply. I posted this at work, and then came home to 3 pages! Well let me set a few things str8. i COMPLETELY understand what many of you are saying. Its REALLY not cool to call people "idiots" and other names...not necessary. The wastegate spring is 8lbs, however, i haven't let it go into full boost. The purpose of doing it this way is because i had to get it to the exaust shop, then realized that it actually works pretty nice. I do NOT plan on driving the car this way at all, because this isn't my daily driver. Unlike many of you, all of my cars are paid for including the tC, and no my parents didn't buy it. Like many of you this was my first new car purchase.

Anyway, back to business. I was curious to see how the TRD map did with this turbo. The nice thing is that full boost dosen't come in until 3k. But as stated before, i really haven't pushed it that hard. HOWEVER, the AFR's stay constant and begin to lean out a lil toward the top of the RPM bad as anticipated (high 14's/15.1).

While MANY have bashed this type of setup, its quite consistent. As cburglb43 has stated, this is waaaaay too big of a turbo for this type of setup because the computer is pulling mad timing to make sure the motor dosen't blow.

As far as why i'm using unichip, i got 2 for the price of more than HALF of one. Its a decent system and i don't plan on changing my setup any time soon. When i do, it will most likely be with dezod management system.

I didn't write this because i'm some kid who had to boost on a budget, i've been on this forum since 2006. I by no means am a know it all, (lawyer by day)but i've done loads of research and based on my findings decided to test it out. Thank you guys for the constructive criticisms, just thought i would share my findings with the TRD map as many have been hesitant to do.

Finally, the person on here who i purchased my injectors and guages from is a SL member. Theres definately a few people who have run this setup (with a smaller turbo) but just haven't said much. Thanx guys!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Initially, i was going to run a smaller turbo, the dezod 50 trim for the automatics. But something happened to the bearings with it even though it was allegedly rebuild. I had this turbo sitting around, got it rebuild and the plan was to eventually step up to this one, but decided not to.

BTW i really believe that if a smaller turbo is run with a blow thru setup with the TRD map, the AFR's will actually be quite consistent. Thats what i wanted to find out, but couldn't because of the issues with the 50 trim.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

thats understandable brethren...just dont sue me...lol
Old 04-07-2010, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ never that my friend, but if any of you guys need assistance with real estate/foreclosure issues. Let me know. Seriously.....let me know. Its hard out here for everyone. Feel free to pm my guys and gals.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Old 04-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_litigator
Initially, i was going to run a smaller turbo, the dezod 50 trim for the automatics. But something happened to the bearings with it even though it was allegedly rebuild. I had this turbo sitting around, got it rebuild and the plan was to eventually step up to this one, but decided not to.

BTW i really believe that if a smaller turbo is run with a blow thru setup with the TRD map, the AFR's will actually be quite consistent. Thats what i wanted to find out, but couldn't because of the issues with the 50 trim.

this is infact true..

i was on stock ecu using no emanage with 440 cc injectors and 5psi of boost... on a 57 trim .63 ar

the out come with the 440cc injectors was a 11.8 afr
which is fine but the issue was not being able to remove fuel in openloop situations.....

ull notice that u will be on the freeway and either in a long incline or when rpms are abve 3500 rpms ull see ur afr get pretty lean...thats open loop...when tuned u wanna remove fuel in open loop when not in boost
Old 04-07-2010, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ true, but remember you were using the stock ecu. The TRD map runs slightly richer than the stock ecu, making it just safe enough, but definitely not ideal. Right now, my car drives just like stock and dosen't see boost "at all"...theres always SOME boost, but not enough to matter.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_litigator
^^ true, but remember you were using the stock ecu. The TRD map runs slightly richer than the stock ecu, making it just safe enough, but definitely not ideal. Right now, my car drives just like stock and dosen't see boost "at all"...theres always SOME boost, but not enough to matter.

it running richer is wat im talking about... ur going to be hitting open loop cruising around sometimes and then the car will sputter and u look at afr and they are 10s..... a way to get out of opem loop is to let go of gas pedal for a second or 2
Old 04-07-2010, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

ok im sorry i guess u can call me god now cuz i just drew u a picture of what ull see in the near future

"...but mom... i swear i was just driving and it happened"
I remember this thread. The guy put on a turbo kit and ran full boost of 14lbs on a t3/t4 turbo( dont remember the exact specs) completely un-tuned, and I think without upgraded injectors as well.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought that was from elevationtc car...been a while since i seen that thread.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

I dont think that was elevations car. I think elevation only blew a hole through the block from a rod going through. Those in the pan look like piston scraps lol. And if I remember correctly those scraps are from too much boost, untuned, and hitting full boost.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

too many threads for me to remember....lol

Quick Reply: Finally boosted on TRD ecu ;-)