Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Exactly.

So.. about hittin' the lab...
Old 01-07-2014, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like you are headning in the right direction with this build! Nice stuff! And I would ABSOLUTELY go to Dezod for a tune. I might make the 6 hour trip just to get a tune. Ordered my AEM fialsafe and CC stage 4 clutch from dezod and they have really fast shipping.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
Looks like you are headning in the right direction with this build! Nice stuff! And I would ABSOLUTELY go to Dezod for a tune. I might make the 6 hour trip just to get a tune. Ordered my AEM fialsafe and CC stage 4 clutch from dezod and they have really fast shipping.
I wasn't sure if they actually did tuning! Buffalo is only and hour or so from me!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fireextinguisher, of course they tune their own set ups you crazy man!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
Exactly.

So.. about hittin' the lab...
Haha... as long as we test red bulls flammability too! Haha
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought you'd never ask!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fireextinguisher, of course they tune their own set ups you crazy man!!
I'm literally making a list of the "fire----" names ur coming up with!! Hahaha hilarious!!

Well I didn't know! I had asked Paul in an earlier PM if they had a shop to visit... he said there was only a distribution warehouse and a sales office... I would definitely love to have a Dezod tune!!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it probably wouldn't get much better than a Dezod tune, not to mention you know they'll stand behind their shizz and their tune if something goes wrong.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah it probably wouldn't get much better than a Dezod tune, not to mention you know they'll stand behind their shizz and their tune if something goes wrong.
Well, considering Dezod Motorsports was one of the first big names i came across while surfing these pages, not to mention the replies and info I've gotten from Paul so far... I will definitely be asking for their services for tuning ... given the location to me.. completely worth the $$ and time

Actually, since my unichip is $h!t... i will be seeking out the AEM system they have for sale... seems like a winner?? Any thoughts there??

Next question... fuel system... is the stock fuel rail big enough to handle the flow needed by the 550cc injectors or should i seek aftermarket there too?? I know the pump is a necessity.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Stock fuel rail and pump is enough to handle 300whp without issue. I would bump the injectors up to maybe 650 or 720cc.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Stock fuel rail and pump is enough to handle 300whp without issue. I would bump the injectors up to maybe 650 or 720cc.
The 550's came with the kit... for now they should hold tho right?? Maybe and upgrade down the road...
Old 01-08-2014, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

PTuning

Then again it would be an extra drive.

550s should be fine. That's where I started with back in the day.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

PTuning

I would love to take my tc there and get the proper cold side pipepipe and a 3" exhaust as well as a nice tune. 10.5 hour drive though.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

PTuning

OK that's good to hear!!

Driving to VA might be a little hard to explain to the wiff! Lol I will check the site out s'more tomorrow!
Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Rhythm, I kept on the Dezod thing because since he's right right there. PTuning is unbelievable too, and I think they are known to put down a bit more power

About the fuel, I don't fudge with fuel. That's your life source. I know you've spent enough money as it is already, but someone on here has to be selling a fuel set up that has a pump and rail. If you have a good pump and rail, the injectors will be consistently fed, so you won't go dry. But depends on your tune and if the tuner can make it work safely or not you know. AEM is a nice system, and if Dezod is selling it then they'll know how to work with it because I've heard in the past not many tuners could work with them right and they were a bit of a pain, so finding someone to do it was few and far between.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Rhythm, I kept on the Dezod thing because since he's right right there. PTuning is unbelievable too, and I think they are known to put down a bit more power

About the fuel, I don't fudge with fuel. That's your life source. I know you've spent enough money as it is already, but someone on here has to be selling a fuel set up that has a pump and rail. If you have a good pump and rail, the injectors will be consistently fed, so you won't go dry. But depends on your tune and if the tuner can make it work safely or not you know. AEM is a nice system, and if Dezod is selling it then they'll know how to work with it because I've heard in the past not many tuners could work with them right and they were a bit of a pain, so finding someone to do it was few and far between.
AEM is a pain??!! I thought I was already up S___ creek with the Unichip??! What is best then??
Old 01-08-2014, 12:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You were with unichip, yes, but like I said, if Dezod sells them, then you should be alright, just shoot him a message to make sure he's cool with it you know.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
I would love to take my tc there and get the proper cold side pipepipe and a 3" exhaust as well as a nice tune. 10.5 hour drive though.
It's 11hrs one way for me. But worth the drive. I've done it twice and will be going back up for a tune one the motor is done.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's 11hrs one way for me. But worth the drive. I've done it twice and will be going back up for a tune one the motor is done.
Damn that's dedication!! I would think you trailer it for that distance?

And @burgandybomber... thanks for showing that people do kick themselves for a 2.5" and going to a 3"!!! lol
Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
AEM is a pain??!! I thought I was already up S___ creek with the Unichip??! What is best then??
I wouldn't say it was a pain, but it does have it's quirks that I personally didn't feel like dealing with. And it didn't cater to my needs anyway, so I didn't bother going that route. But it's better than the Unichip primarily because a Unichip tuner is few and far between. What is the best piggy back...Emanage Ultimate.

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Damn that's dedication!! I would think you trailer it for that distance?

And @burgandybomber... thanks for showing that people do kick themselves for a 2.5" and going to a 3"!!! lol

Nope. That's what happens when you buy quality I had the RS spec setup shipped down, spent a good deal of the day installing, drove a around, then made my appointment and drove the car up 11hrs and back 11hrs after getting tuned up. The second time I went was in a rental as I was transporting the engine up to get built and to attend their last event of the year. Now I will be repeating the first trip after the engine is done and shipped back to me.

My boy Kevin had 95-100k of cross country driving and road course (beat the hell out of it) miles before his piston rings started to give. He was making 350-360whp on PTuning's dyno. Never had an issue with his PTuning Spec SS setup. Now he's working on getting his motor built also.

Quick Reply: I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!