Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

No. There really is no extra oil. Just extra passage for it go through (oil feed, CHRA, oil drain line).

Fuel pump is always a good investment with FI
Oops... my bad, I meant oil pump!! a better oil pump?? I know I need to acquire the Wal 255. That's good news then... always assumed it was like an extra 1/2 quart that needed to be added because of the turbo.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Oops... my bad, I meant oil pump!! a better oil pump?? I know I need to acquire the Wal 255. That's good news then... always assumed it was like an extra 1/2 quart that needed to be added because of the turbo.
Nope. Factory pump does fine so long as you use a quality oil, stay up on changes, use new filters and such
Old 01-10-2014, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Nope. Factory pump does fine so long as you use a quality oil, stay up on changes, use new filters and such
Good to know... usually when I go performance I use royal purple... that has proven gains when in use!!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have an s2000 pump in my k20 It's proven better for higher RPMs. Gotta get dat oil up!
Old 01-10-2014, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
I have an s2000 pump in my k20 It's proven better for higher RPMs. Gotta get dat oil up!
ok... you just went Honda on this didn't you ham-burglar? that's ok... it's not audi! AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

So what your saying is you put an S2K pump in a lower motor... does the 2AZ have a superior?? or in laymans terms... a bigger motor to pull from that's compatible? Not all parts are interchangeable like the Hondas LOL!!!

I mean if stock will be fine then I will be ok with it seeing that its not going to be a 400+ HP motor... need the bananas for other mods!!
Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PSHHH, you think that s2000 pump lined right up!? Yeah right. Lots and lots of cutting and grinding and welding and fabrication. About 3 hours of total work just to get it to sit right! Haha. But yeah for the most part, Hondas line right up

I'd say the 2.5L probably has an upgraded pump.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

PSHHH, you think that s2000 pump lined right up!? Yeah right. Lots and lots of cutting and grinding and welding and fabrication. About 3 hours of total work just to get it to sit right! Haha. But yeah for the most part, Hondas line right up

I'd say the 2.5L probably has an upgraded pump.
Hmm... ill look into it just for giggles
Old 01-10-2014, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Be the pioneer my good man! Lead us on your path to an oil pump fabricated swap!
Old 01-10-2014, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

By the time I spent all the cash I did I could have gotten a Dezod kit brand new. But I didnt have the initial chunk of change and pieced together my kit. I did however get the exhaust, boost gauge, vacuum block and a few other nick nacks for the same price. Correct me if I am wrong here paul but the dezod turbine spools faster than the one supplied by ptuning? More power under the curve on the dezod kit from what I have read. Garrett T3/04E 57 trim .82 A/R is what I have.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Welp... it has begun. On the anniversary of owning my tC for 2 years now... she's at my main garage getting the necessary checks and fluids done to start the build!! After a nice bath... she was put on the lift. Won't get the car back until tomorrow... so that sucks.

Monday is dyno day and I will be contacting you paul!!

Have a good weekend folks!!
Attached Thumbnails I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!-img_20140109_171827_020%7E2.jpg   I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!-img_20140109_171901_447.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice "Fire Station" themed shop.

I kid, I kid.

And nice snow blower for sure.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice "Fire Station" themed shop.

I kid, I kid.

And nice snow blower for sure.
Hahaha...

Well after much headache... I will FINALLY be picking the car up in about an hour... my mech was slammed this weekend... no biggie.

Then on to New Era for a base pull!! At least its supposed to be close to 50 today!! Woot!!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice nice. Pumped. Let's do it!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice nice. Pumped. Let's do it!
You know it!! How would one post vids to the site?? if anything it will be just photos, and seeing that I still have stock exhaust... im sure the notes will be laughable compared to some of the 1300 WHP beasts coming off the dyno at New Era!!!

Also... just messing this weekend looking at gauges... anyone here have / used "Glowshift" gauges?? The prices are ridiculously low so I am very skeptical...

Last edited by FIREDOG21; 01-13-2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added question to condense...
Old 01-13-2014, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Alrighty folks... the BASE LINE numbers are in...

First... the leak down test came back great!! The car (motor and body) have 72,497 miles under her belt... and the numbers came back as this...
Cyl #1 - 6%
Cyl #2 - 10%
Cyl #3 - 10%
Cyl #4 - 9%
... So the motor has a clean bill of health!!

Talked with Paul again in-between getting the car back and my dyno appt... worked some more things out... Dezod S1 kit is where I'm headed...

And now on to the dyno... again... these are BASE LINES!! We did 3 pulls, the second pull didn't record, but no big deal. Another huge thanks to the guys @ New Era Performance for helping!!

On a 4th gear pull... she mustered Max Torque = 153.97, Max Power = 142.30... run sheet attached.

Mike (Owner @ New Era) said my old cat was shot and holding it back a bit... plus on a stock clutch, would be losing out there too... so that's where the upgrades come in!!

It's a start... now just need to order the S1 kit and get wrenching!!
Attached Thumbnails I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!-tc-dynojet-1.jpg   I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!-tc-dynojet-2.jpg   I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!-tc-dynojet-3.jpg   I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!-tc-dyno-baseline.jpg  

Last edited by FIREDOG21; 01-13-2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's awesome man! Really happy to see 142hp out that baby! That's not bad at all. I've never seen cylinder numbers come back like that but if I do the math, that sounds about right. Great to see man, and that old cat, bye bye, and that old clutch, bye bye.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's awesome man! Really happy to see 142hp out that baby! That's not bad at all. I've never seen cylinder numbers come back like that but if I do the math, that sounds about right. Great to see man, and that old cat, bye bye, and that old clutch, bye bye.
So is it a good thing regarding the cylinders or bad? hahaha

I'm happy she hasn't lost too much regarding the power and torque... she still gets up and goes when ever I wanna have a little fun!! She kept up with an SS Camaro on the highway @ 133 mph!! hahaha

Yep... the disappearing act of the old parts will come from the help of my assistant... Paulie!! Hahaha
Old 01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Was the SS in third gear and just not shifting yet?

With the cylinders, was this a blow-by test or a compression test?

And yeah, I didn't even know our cars went that fast, I was 120 and didn't think I could get much more out of it and that was with I/H/E
Old 01-14-2014, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FIREDOG21
Also... just messing this weekend looking at gauges... anyone here have / used "Glowshift" gauges?? The prices are ridiculously low so I am very skeptical...
I was going to get an entire set of Glowshift gauges. They seem like the quality you get at Autozone... My Autometer is good quality for the price. I am running the Autometer gauge pod right now. If you like gauges I would recommend an AEM wideband and I can sell you my (couple month) old auto meter boost/vacuum gauge for real cheap. If you pop over to my thread you can see I switched over to the AEM Failsafe Wideband to free up my waterfall cubby and keep my gauges to a minimum. Either way you go, you can grab what you need from Paul over at Dezod.

And yeah, I didn't even know our cars went that fast, I was 120 and didn't think I could get much more out of it and that was with I/H/E
I hit the rev limiter at 129 racing my buddies convertible fox body. He only got me by a half car to a fender. If I remember correctly his speedo didnt even go that high lmao.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually he was in 5th and missed 6th... went to 4th accidentally... we were rolling around 65 and dropped the hammers... it was my boss haha... OWNED!!!

Yeah the motor was screaming... she was at her max.... my boss as the one who gave me the mph when he looked down... 133. I was white knuckling it lol blew past him when he missed

It was a "leak down test"... not a compression... but I'll get one of those done too just cuz Paul asked for it...

Quick Reply: I know I'm crazy... but bear with me!! TURBO BUILD!!