Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

I'm off to get tuned...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by B_Real45
For the Ultimate / FIC debate - yes Ultimate has more features but from what I understand (and I admit I only have exp with the FIC) the Ultimate's partial throttle control is by far less superior than the FIC. The reason a race car would use it is because it is rarely in partial throttle boost areas - maybe in turns when you're feathering the gas but most of the time the pedal is floored.

So, you think a street car uses more part throttle boost? To do what, pass another car on occasions? I'll just leave it at.....I have to disagree. Just an FYI though...since you said you didn't have much exp. with the Ultimate. There is a map that allows you to override the "Closed" loop section of the car. If you use it, you can force the car into "Open" loop, thus allowing you to make tuning adjustments where it would otherwise not be able to.
I spend lots of time partial throttle boosting. My turbo spins quite quickly so it happens quite often when I drive.

I understand the Ultimate has a closed-loop map - all I'm saying is hearing from other tuners, it doesn't control as well as FIC. Yes this is hearsay but it's what I've heard from "tuners".

Take it for what it's worth.. as I said in the rest of my post - both are great options.. it's good to have options.

Crush - I hear ya man.. work has been hell for me too. I'm an accountant and we're closing up our fiscal year end now.. so I've been so damn busy.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
For the Ultimate / FIC debate - yes Ultimate has more features but from what I understand (and I admit I only have exp with the FIC) the Ultimate's partial throttle control is by far less superior than the FIC. The reason a race car would use it is because it is rarely in partial throttle boost areas - maybe in turns when you're feathering the gas but most of the time the pedal is floored.

So, you think a street car uses more part throttle boost? To do what, pass another car on occasions? I'll just leave it at.....I have to disagree. Just an FYI though...since you said you didn't have much exp. with the Ultimate. There is a map that allows you to override the "Closed" loop section of the car. If you use it, you can force the car into "Open" loop, thus allowing you to make tuning adjustments where it would otherwise not be able to.
I spend lots of time partial throttle boosting. My turbo spins quite quickly so it happens quite often when I drive.

I understand the Ultimate has a closed-loop map - all I'm saying is hearing from other tuners, it doesn't control as well as FIC. Yes this is hearsay but it's what I've heard from "tuners".

Take it for what it's worth.. as I said in the rest of my post - both are great options.. it's good to have options.

Crush - I hear ya man.. work has been hell for me too. I'm an accountant and we're closing up our fiscal year end now.. so I've been so damn busy.

To think a boosted street car is going to part throttle boost more than a race car does around a track that perhaps has like 1 or 2 straights on it (only section you are WOT at), don't see where you would come up with that from. Perhaps that's just the way you drive "your" car. But that don't make it true.

The phenom behind part throttle boosting/tuning....is over hyped. Shoot man, I part throttle boosted my tC for 3 years on the Emanage Blue without any means to Part throttle tune it. It's all propaganda really...
Old 06-29-2009, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't understand what the debate is about.

People have a choice and I think that is what I liked the most. I had both the F/IC and Ultimate in hand and I could choose either. I could listen to what people on the forums say and I could call the tuner to see which he has more experience with or which he preferred more.

There is a degree of partial throttle boosting and since it is there it should be tuned for. I didn't even know that until I dropped it off at the tuner and he said that would also be tuned. I don't know how much that even occurs or anything but it is some degree of it.

I suppose if people were thinking of taking their car to the next level they would 'outgrow' the F/IC more quickly and would need to step up to the Ultimate for some of its features and probably, depending on their usage, would outgrow that and want to step up to a standalone.

There is no, this is better than that, it depends heavily on the user, tuner, usage and preference. I like having a choice so lets me glad we have a choice and not stuck with just the Unichip.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure what you're arguing about any more..
Old 06-29-2009, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I reckon it all boils down to your preference and what you plan on doing with your ride.

Just making sure the correct information is getting out..
Old 06-30-2009, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Soooo.... anyways...... I'm going back on Thursday again in the morning hours so we'll have plenty of time to play around with it. I'll keep you guys posted on the results. I've been talking to Omar lately and he has a lot of good ideas that should work out perfectly.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ok what happened any update did it get fixed how is ur car running etc......
Old 07-05-2009, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am now working with Omar again but we have a whole new approach that is turning out very promising. I'll keep you updated once I have a final tune set that is perfect and I'll do my best to post an FIC data log. Bare with me because my work schedule is nights and theirs isnt so its hard to find the time.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol well im not going to CFT im not gonna pay 400$ for a tuen and have to drive there multiple times because he couldint get it right the first time u need to get ur money back and take ur car some were else...... soo ur out 400$ plus about 100$ in gas
Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's your choice but I don't know of any other shops in Florida that I would take my car.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

solfloTC says luiggi can tune the fic no problems.... let me know how ur situation ends up.. but i dont wanna drive from ft myers to orlando 3 times just to get tuned
Old 07-06-2009, 05:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will keep you posted. Where is Luiggi?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

think in fort lauderdale hit up SOFLOTC