Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: Which turbo kit do you recommend?
Ptuning
76.47%
DEZOD
23.53%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

It's that time for me :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Well hope to meet you at some events in the future and glad my car gives you a nice chuckle I get halloween or the bmore orioles all the time :D
Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 PM

Oh yeah definitely. I don't go to too many shows cos I never know when they are but I'll def let you know when I do go out. I just got into auto cross though. I love it!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'll be doing some autoxin to get the feel of my car and practice agressive manuevering
Old 05-16-2009, 09:35 PM

Oh sweet on it it's a lot of fun. You comin out on the 24th? You should pm me cos I just got this new crack berry and don't know how to work it. Plus I don't wanna take this thread over with a conversation between you and me.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ you have never heard of TT ? than you dont know much to back any of your opinions on why dezod and TT are not good. The one bad thing about my TT set up is that the pipe on the driver side hangs a bit low. But I am lowered to trd specs so it does not matter. and on top of that our cars were never meant to be boosted. were ptunings kit costs more than todds i can use that extra cash to fix that pipe if i wanted and still have money to spare. its a ll in how you look at it. ok TT was not the first but TT has been putting out tt kits longer than anyone else and for a while they were the only one selling them. If tt designs were not as good than why was kenny tran running a manifold that looked identically to todds ?
Old 05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by justplayxtragic
I have never even heard if TT and heard extremely negative things of dezod to be honest. I recommend Ptuning any day since I have had the pleasure of talking to everyone there. On top of that, everyone is so knowledgeabl over there, even if it may be the dumbest question, you won't be treated like crap. Name brand or not, I'd rather have something tested out extensively before spending a large sum of money in my car since I want my car to actually last and not be in the shop every other day. I even got to see random adjustments made to the prototype model since MrC and everyone there are the biggest group of perfectionists i have ever met. And that honestly says a lot. I know A LOT of effort has gone into that kit.
id love to know where uve heard ALOT OF EXTREMELY negative things about dezod. seeing how u JUST became a member of this forum. I dont see how u can have a negative thing to say about dezod, the kit is FULLY BOLTON.. i put it on myself with a friend and i had no experiance really at all with doing so. smooth piping, nice AAA stainless log mani, the updated version prob one of the nicest logs we can get for the tc. and what do u mean everyone is so knowledgable.. i freakin hope so.. if u own a shop and are releasing a kit u better be knowledgable about the car or ur a complete moron, seeing how u spend time around ptunings shop uve clearly became biased, go hangout with paul at dezod and have a pizza or something and im sure ud like them to. ur arguements dont make sense. Yes ptunings kit is seemingly the best on the market right now hands down but bashing dezod is a poor thing to do. paul has helped the community alot and is always there for anyone with questions, great guy. and because a car at ptuning with a dezod kit had issues clearly doesnt mean its dezods fault. And i cant wait to see the alpha kit, dezod hasnt really had to do anything crazy because there was no competition and i love that there making a new kit to compete with Ptuning, gotta love a friendly battle. cant wait to see ptunings kit on the roads.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Imma have to say soflo only cause someone just joined the forum doesnt always make them noobs.... I didnt join til almost 2 years of owning the car and I was no noob.... I have also been to shops where the people who work there are RETARDED so owning a place doesnt always mean they are smart about it.
As for the some issues with the dezod kit thing I have heard horror stories for EVERY KIT so its just picking apples some are good but occasionally you'll get the bad one in the batch.

bottom line there are pros and cons to all setups from potential to price to quality etc
Old 05-16-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya but i said that cuz when was the last time there was a bad story about dezod on SL? i cant even remember.... so im curious where he heard alot of negativity towards them.

yes there are alot of retarded shop owners who dont no anything about cars and arent even certified but i said if ur releasing a bolt on kit for a car u better be knowledgable about the car. paul, todd, mr.c, all of them know about the tc inside and out. so saying one is more knowledgable than the other well how do u know that? did u give them a questionairre or something? i think not. lol
Old 05-17-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
^ you have never heard of TT ? than you dont know much to back any of your opinions on why dezod and TT are not good. The one bad thing about my TT set up is that the pipe on the driver side hangs a bit low. But I am lowered to trd specs so it does not matter. and on top of that our cars were never meant to be boosted. were ptunings kit costs more than todds i can use that extra cash to fix that pipe if i wanted and still have money to spare. its a ll in how you look at it. ok TT was not the first but TT has been putting out tt kits longer than anyone else and for a while they were the only one selling them.
Don't you understand that you are not suppose to spend money on something that is already suppose to fit?

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
If tt designs were not as good than why was kenny tran running a manifold that looked identically to todds ?
You mean why did todd make one that looked like the Full Race one. Since Kenny Tran was running the Full Race one before todd started making manifolds.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

questionaire... good idea LOL
Old 05-17-2009, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:D
Old 05-17-2009, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i still love my tt set up.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

everyone loves there own setup...
Old 05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I loved my tnetics kit (everyone thought they were trash) but I know the ptuning one will surpass that kit 300%
Old 05-17-2009, 05:00 PM

So just cos I have never heard of TT nor been a member of some stupid forum since the age of dinosaurs, that makes me a noob and means I have no idea what I'm talking about. Um no it's called I have other things that preoccupy my time other than forums. I'm a full time student and keeping up with what turbo kits are out there for my car are the least of my worries when I have 20 page research papers to compile the time and I don't even have the money for boost. Don't get me wrong, it's something I want and will have but not anytime in the next few months. Why don't you figure out what people do instead of basically calling them stupuid for not having heard of some other brand.

And maybe I did come up with a questionairre, does it matter? I do my research on a shop and a part before I purchase it, which is what the person who started this thread is doing, obviously. To be honest, I heard bad things from friends of mine with the dezod set up and on another forum. This isn't the only scion forum out there ya know.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow rage much? A) nobody called u stupid for anything. B) if this is a stupid forum then leave C) most of us attend college aswell D) WHAT research have u done on all of these shops? like seriously. E) what other forum did u hear things on because frankly ive been on every scion forum and there are tons of idiotic ppl... scionlife might be full of _______s at points but they are knowledgable _______s at that. <3 all btw F) i just asked u a simple question and u flipped out man.. calm down, i just wanted to know the bad things u heard and u have yet to say any.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

only thing i ever see or hear of is there turbos needing new seals!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

i love lamp.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC
yep mine needed new seals after like 8 months but i was like F that and just got a 60-1 lol
Old 05-17-2009, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
Originally Posted by ElevationTC
yep mine needed new seals after like 8 months but i was like F that and just got a 60-1 lol
60-1 is the perfect turbo for under 400whp on ours!

Quick Reply: It's that time for me :)